A Pixel Canvas Server?!palette

Bertiecrafter's Avatar Bertiecrafter7/18/20 9:09 am history
7/26/2020 2:17 pm
Bertiecrafter's Avatar Bertiecrafter
So a couple years ago there was this reddit called "r/place". It showed a completely white screen that people could draw things on pixel by pixel. The best thing is, it was completely unmoderated and everything you saw on there was powered by the community. Now I'm wondering, would anyone enjoy playing on a Minecraft server like that?

- The world only consists of 1 layer, white at first.
- Run around while holding a color to draw on the infinite canvas.
- Not content moderated
- No nametags visible above player (This promotes bad behaviour)
- Switch to and from spectator mode on demand.
- Perhaps we could make like a Canvas Journal every week based around what happened to the canvas?
- Probably involving PVP for online defense.
- Maybe the ability to place glass or have multi-tier blocks for offline protection. (Glass turned out to be ugly)

I can make all the command magic necessary to make this possible, but I need someone to host it. Perhaps someone who already owns a server has enough resources to host this one alongside it?

Vote on the poll, comment your thoughts and PM me if you think you can host the server.

Poll ended 07/25/2020 9:09 am.

Bertiecrafter
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Bertiecrafter
07/26/2020 2:17 pm
Well, it's clear that this server will become a thing in the near future. Just one concept I'm struggling with is active defense.
- If pvp is added, we'll just have spawn killers and bullies.
- If votekicking is added and the server does get large numbers at one point, not even half the server is going to care about 1 person does.
- I was thinking of somehow giving people chosen by the community the ability to kick players, but idk how the system that choses those players is going to work.

Let me know if anyone can come up with a good/fun way to actively keep "bad behaving" players away. The block tiers I talked about will happen too, but that's a rather passive version of defense, more like a delay.
Bertiecrafter
07/20/2020 11:37 am
history
Oooh, maybe some kind of pvp to defend creations would be cool. It needs some thinking to figure out what to base strength/OP-ness on, since basing it on the amount of changed blocks will give new players less chance.
And maybe the ability to place glass on top, for offline protection.
Aaaaand what about giving the different block types that support colours (glass/wool/terracotta) different strengths. When someone tries to change a block, it will first change to a lower tier of the same colour before changing colour. So if someone took the time to re-draw their work 3 times to get a high tier block, other people would have to also re-draw for 3 times on top in order to change it.
AvynMinecraft
07/20/2020 10:45 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Actually, if you're interested in some research to see how it might go, RTGame on Youtube did something very similar once or twice. Here's a video showing what happened on his server: here

Some really fun stuff happens in projects like these! Fun to watch :)
dreamCritting
07/19/2020 4:07 am
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
Sounds cool!
The ExiIed FeIIow
07/18/2020 12:18 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Imposter
Not moderated? What if someone would draw a PP? (Really hope not)
Bertiecrafter
07/18/2020 12:45 pm
history
Then I hope there will be another player who hides it. Of course there will be inappropriate content, but having others form alliances to cover those things up makes it interesting. On r/place there were several teams of people forming to "moderate" the server by drawing over bad stuff.
EDIT: So I guess the community can still moderate it, it's just that there is no assigned moderator team or rank.
Minecraft Maniac X
07/18/2020 12:06 pm
Level 43 : Master Herobrine
Minecraft is a 3D game, so maybe rather than just 2d you could add a 3D element
Bertiecrafter
07/18/2020 12:47 pm
Yeah, another idea would be a void world where everyone can build from 1 block in creative. This would result in a big mess, with at it's core something that you can't navigate through or even look at thinigs. In 2d, you'll always be able to look at everything. Maybe another 3D element would be nice, but would have to think about that.
Minecraft Maniac X
07/18/2020 4:49 pm
Level 43 : Master Herobrine
Maybe you could add a layer on top once a month or something and you can only draw on the newest layer. Where people have not drawn, would be glass or barriers, so you could see the layers below
Redfuzzyturtle
07/18/2020 11:25 am
Level 29 : Expert Taco
Ooo that’d be cool!! I is having no moneys tho sadly else id offer to host
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome