Unbreakable flag on tools and armour

WildFyr's Avatar WildFyr11/6/21 6:07 pm
11/6/2021 9:21 pm
HoboMaggot's Avatar HoboMaggot
Hello, I help run a private server that runs a lot like popular YouTube SMP's like Hermitcraft or Last Life etc. For the longest time we had a datapack that let the dragon drop it's egg every time it was killed and the players would bring that egg to somone with command access and they would put the unbreackble flag on one of their tools that they wanted it on. however this season we removed the dragon's drops and decided to instead do thei with Nether Stars as they are harder to obtain and you would have to choose over a Beacon or Unbreakable. I wanted to add a custom recipe that let users add the star to their tool or armour in the Smithing Table kind of like how diamond tools and armour are upgraded to Netherite, how would I make it spit out the exact same item just with the unbreakable flag on it (same enchants and tool). Is this even possible? Thanks for any assistance!
WildFyr
Level 17 : Journeyman Network