How to detect a player name written on a book

Jerios's Avatar Jerios11/24/21 10:24 am
1 emeralds 367 3
11/25/2021 10:23 pm
HoboMaggot's Avatar HoboMaggot
hi i would like to know how to detect if a player name is written on a book

so like if i type in player 556 in the book how would you make that player be detected
Jerios
Level 29 : Expert Crab

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/25/2021 10:23 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Regardless of the strings being inside titles or sentences, strings are locked in the snbt and splitting it up is impossible in minecraft without the use of a complicated datapack that parses strings for you.
https://github.com/McTsts/Minecraft-String-Utilities

You then need to detect if characters of the string matches a name. Differentiating between normal text and the body oaragraph especially when you're not looking in the author section is borderline impossible.

This would be the case if you're not looking for a specific player in the author or you're looking for a player name embedded in the book pages with other words around it
11/24/2021 2:20 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Apollo404
Two extra things needed to answer this question:
- Are you trying to detect when the player name is on the title of a book or the description of the book?
- Where are you trying to detect this book? Anywhere in the player inventory, only their selected slot, or a lectern?
This command gives an output if the item the player is holding is a written book with a certain title (I used "Steve" as the player)
/execute if entity @s[nbt={SelectedItem:{id:"minecraft:written_book",tag:{title:"Steve"}}}] run say Steve is the title of this book.
This command gives an output if the item the player is holding is a written book with the name of a player is written on any page of the book (It does have to be the ONLY thing on that page, though)
/execute if entity @s[nbt={SelectedItem:{id:"minecraft:written_book",tag:{pages:['{"text":"Steve"}']}}}] run say Steve is written in this book.
11/25/2021 6:15 pm
Level 29 : Expert Crab
Jerios
when you like when you open the book and write the person name in the pages
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome