Introduction to Greenlights

Silabear's Avatar Silabear12/23/22 2:58 pm scheduled history
5 emeralds 255 4
Introduction to the Greenlight system

What is the Greenlight system?
The Greenlight system is a system we have in place that puts some content in a queue to be manually approved by a moderator before going public. When you join Planet Minecraft, most members have good intentions in mind and want to publish good content. However, some people might be here to upload content that would be bad for the site. This is where Greenlights come in. You will experience the greenlight system if you are a level 1 user posting a mod, texture pack, and sometimes maps. Once a moderator reviews your content, it will go live on the site for others to download.
How does it work?
When you upload a mod/texture pack/map, and you are still Level 1, you will see a message on your resource pack.

This means that your pack has been registered but is waiting for a human moderator to look into your pack. The moderator will check for common mistakes and errors, including:
  • Missing title/description
  • Missing images
  • Incorrect category
  • Spam in description
  • Stolen content
  • Malware
If your content is fine and doesn't violate the Submission Rules, then the moderator will approve your content and you will get a notification like this. Congratulations!

What if my content needs editing?
If your content needs changing to be made public (for example, needs a better description, needs more images, fix download) then you'll receive a message saying that changes are required:

If you visit the page to edit the content, you will see a big banner explaining what you need to change. The moderator will leave a message saying what you need to fix.

Please read the message carefully and acknowledge what it asks you to do. Edit your submission as much as you need to pass the review. Once you are ready for your pack to be reviewed, return to the project page and click Ready for Review

Your submission will be put on the Greenlight list again, and a human moderator (not necessarily the moderator who requested the review in the first place) will review it again. They can then approve it, request more changes, or fail it.

What if my content fails the review?

If your content fails the review, then a moderator will fail your content. It will not go public and you will receive a notification stating your pack was deleted.
If you think that the wrong choice was made or you want another chance, then message the moderator who deleted the content. If they want to give you another choice, they can restore the submission, let you make changes, and then request for review again.

Some examples of what would cause your content to fail:
  • Stolen Content
  • Deliberate malware links
  • Bypassing filters
  • Spam submissions
  • Submissions which violate the Submission Rules and cannot be fixed easily
Silabear
Site Moderator
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Bear