Why do people leave my server after 10 secornds?

MasonX888's Avatar MasonX88810/31/23 11:59 pm
2 emeralds 281 6
11/24/2023 5:42 pm
citizenkosmos's Avatar citizenkosmos
Hi there, I have a Semi-Vanilla SMP server and I have been promoting it recently, and people join it but leave within the first 10 or so seconds, what am I doing wrong? How can I get them to keep playing? My server IP is feathersmp.com on Java and b.feathersmp.com port 19132 on bedrock
MasonX888
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

citizenkosmos
11/24/2023 5:42 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman System
I am having a similar struggle with mine. I'll echo what other's have said: make your spawnpoint really engaging and informational.

There are so many servers to chose from, sticking out can be tough but is necessary!

Good luck :-)
c3000j
11/21/2023 4:24 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
Find a unique selling point and make this the main feature of the players initial interaction with your server, if you cannot gauge there attention in the first 60 seconds, then they will leave.

If you need any help or support, PM.

Best of luck, and dont give up!
Liamlegend
11/18/2023 6:27 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cookie
Quick joins and departures might indicate a lack of initial engagement. Consider a welcoming spawn area with info, clear rules, and maybe a starter guide. Encourage community interaction and events. Ensure server stability and performance. Test the player experience and gather feedback. Best of luck with your SMP server!
DinoWattz
11/02/2023 4:17 pm
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Painter Engineer
Speedrunners are so fast that they speedrun your server in 10 seconds
ScotsMiser
11/01/2023 8:47 am
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
Based on the server ad you put up ( www.planetminecraft.com/forums/minecraft/servers/come-join-feathersmp-a-brand-new-semi-vanilla-public-smp-server-smp-678292/ )
The "Server shop & Auction House" would be expected to be at spawn & clearly identifiable
The "…friendly and welcoming community of players…." might be leading to expectations of a populated server.

Also the twist mentioned in " …vanilla Minecraft multiplayer with a twist" would lead me to expect something (the classic Wall_o_Signs at least) explaining the twist as well as other bits.

Even so, if 10 sec is accurate, it would seem players are leaving more or less based on first sight which does seem odd.
Have you been able to talk to any of those players about why they left so quickly? (I'm wondering about something like a very slow ping.)
Isz
11/01/2023 7:40 am
Level 46 : Master Architect
I joined it, it just looks like every other survival server out there. A lobby with NPC's and crates, nothing new or unique to make people play your server over the thousands of other exactly the same servers out there.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome