Zombie Villager won't eat his dinner

Lunatoon's Avatar Lunatoon3/22/24 11:33 pm
5 emeralds 161 5
3/23/2024 11:05 pm
Lunatoon's Avatar Lunatoon
Hello, I am playing on switch and am trying to cure a zombie Villager. I have him trapped in fences and I have a witch throw the splash potion of weakness on him but he will not eat the golden apple afterwards, it never prompts and the only action available is eating the apple myself.
I made the apple with gold ingots, not the enchanted one and the zombie Villager is not holding anything. Please help!
Lunatoon
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ScotsMiser
03/23/2024 6:07 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Per Zombie Villager#Curing what you are doing should work…

From Tutorials: Curing_a_zombie_villager
"If done correctly, the zombie villager should have gray swirls emanating from it; this means that the zombie villager is currently inflicted with weakness, which, as it is an undead mob, gives it lives (giving "live energy" so to say, the first part of the cure)."

Does this happen?
Lunatoon
03/23/2024 7:21 pm
Yeah, the zombie Villager has the grey swirls coming out of it, same as it looks when coming from me.

Technically I guess the splash potion is hitting me and it just splashing on him. Would it matter that it's not a direct hit?
ScotsMiser
03/23/2024 7:52 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
history
Indirect hits from a splash potion (splashes) decrease the duration [​this is why throwing the poition straight up and letting it hit you in the face gets done], but as long as the villager is under the effect when you give it the apple the cure should take…

I've not played any of the Nintendo version (inluding switch): are you certain zombie villager curing works in that version? [​The wiki doesn't seem to cover the Nintendo versions particularly well.]

If you've access to creative, you might try curing a random zombie villager by other means just to confirm the process works.
Lunatoon
03/23/2024 11:05 pm
Good idea, I wasn't able to recreate it in creative but I did learn something. Curing works, but not when the witch is throwing it. When I throw the potion myself it works like a dream but I run into the same issue with the witch. Is the witch's potion different somehow?
Trouble is in my survival world I have no access to potion making at the moment
Hyenagutz
03/23/2024 12:29 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
if im not mistaken it has to me enchanted !! hope that helps :]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome