What’s the process of uploading a map?

Escapazition's Avatar Escapazition1/29/24 9:49 pm
4 emeralds 219 5
2/2/2024 3:27 am
GoggleD0GG's Avatar GoggleD0GG
I’m trying to figure out how to upload a Java map to Planet Minecraft, but it’s a bit more complicated than I thought. Is there someone who frequently uploads Java maps that can run through the process of how they do it?
Escapazition
Level 17 : Journeyman Scribe

Create an account or sign in to comment.

lochy
02/02/2024 2:36 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Go to windows search type %appdata%

Go to .minecraft > saves > drag and drop the world in question there. Go to realms settings and choose the world in one of the 3 save slots you have in java realms.
MyZia
01/29/2024 11:34 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Network
Locate your world save or if you have one, schematic file.

zip your world save, and upload that as a map.

Upload any screenshots you want as well.

What are you having issues with?
Escapazition
01/30/2024 1:49 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Scribe
The main issue is not knowing what to have as the download. I can either have the game make a backup of the files, or I can make a manually make a copy of the actual folder, but I don’t know which one to have people download.
I also found that a lot of people use a third-party website to hold the files. Is there a reason for this?
GoggleD0GG
02/02/2024 3:27 am
Level 49 : Master Necromancer
i make a copy, paste it somewhere (usually on my desktop screen so i can drag and drop), zip that, and upload
oakar258
01/30/2024 4:59 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
Using third-party websites is mainly because of filesize limit planetminecraft have.

As for what to make a zip archive of - the folder in .minecraft/saves folder should have the same name as world in-game you created the map in. Pack it with file archiver - 7-zip for example, and upload it directly on planetminecraft or third-party hosting service if you reach the filesize limit.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome