Sticky Pistons not sticking??

CorkyW's Avatar CorkyW11/14/14 8:26 pm
1 emeralds 51.9k 7
11/20/2014 1:31 am
Apophii's Avatar Apophii
Can someone help me out here? I have a gated house with double driveway (so the 2 driveway parts aren't enclosed) I built all my stuff under to make that section of driveway lift 2 blocks high so it's 2 sticky's stacked ontop 1 another. Everything works/worked fine for like the 1st 4 or 5 flips of the lever, then suddenly the upper piston wont come down with the lowers. All the pistons retract as should so it's nothing wrong with the actual functions or the redstone stuff, but when the bottom pistons retract they don't pull the top pistons (body) down with them. What would cause this?
CorkyW
Level 21 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Apophii
11/20/2014 1:31 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer
Something related to think about is that if a sticky piston gets a 1 tick pulse for some reason (maybe the way your design is set up) it will extend and not bring the block back with it. It's used in some T-flipflop designs, but if you make it my mistake it could cause problems. Don't know if that could've been part of the issue.
CorkyW
11/16/2014 5:18 pm
Ah I see what you're saying. I'll go back to the drawing board on it. Thanks.
atomick86
11/16/2014 4:14 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
Try making the whole curcuit take longer to retract, you may be able to let the gravel only fall one block then stop, and this might work, if it doesnt, do what @qaupperops said
CorkyW
11/15/2014 11:26 pm
OK, got the piston issue resolved. I scrapped my design and simply copied the common Portcullis design......now my issue is this. I have 3 pistons stacked ontop 1 another, then 3 layers of gravel atop that putting it flush with ground. When I hit the lever it all raises perfect creating a 3 block tall wall. All seems well. But when I hit lever again to send it down it all goes down just fine, however the top layer of gravel gets destroyed somehow. Then do it again and the 2nd layer gets destroyed. Only the 1st layer will stay intact throughout.

Any thoughts on why?
CorkyW
11/14/2014 10:07 pm
Hmm, I'll have to go back and check to see if the tops are staying on, but it seems unlikely since, like I said, the whole setup works perfect for like the 1st 4 or 5 tries. I can sit there and turn it on/off those few times and watch it all go up and down just fine, then all of a sudden boom, the top pistons stay up in where the bottom 1's pushed them to.
Skitto493
11/14/2014 8:28 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Dragon
If the top pistons are on when the bottom retracts, it won't stick.
atomick86
11/14/2014 8:32 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
If this isnt the reason there there will be a problem in your redstoning
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome