Startup Scripts

in2lego's Avatar in2lego4/10/13 1:04 pm
1 emeralds 109 3
4/11/2013 7:48 pm
Rogue's Avatar Rogue
Hello, it me again (Yes ME, Boring Old Me) I need to know what is the best startup script with lots of space (For less lag) for a 64 Bit computer for spigot/craftbukkit/minecraftserver (I use spigot because it reduces lag, and its better, Also i want to setup BungeeCord soon so i needed it )

Here is my startup script (I think its for 32 Bit?)

"C:\Program Files (x86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar spigot.jar -o true
PAUSE

(I like Smiley faces, can you tell?)
in2lego
Level 15 : Journeyman Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Rogue
04/11/2013 7:48 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Crafter
As I said, it's different for every person. You should look up the flags and see what they do, and then tweak them as necessary. The ones in code tags can be added as-is, with the exception of the ParallelGCThreads flag, which needs a number set to it (not more than the number of cores on your CPU).
in2lego
04/11/2013 11:08 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Archer
ok, but could you provide the WHOLE startup script? Or a RemoteToolkit startup script? (I use remotetoolkit, so i can automaticaly restart my server every hour) I just got into computers a while ago, so im not that great...
Rogue
04/10/2013 9:51 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Crafter
It's different for every person, and the JVM is usually fairly good at adjusting itself as necessary. You could try to fix explicit gc calls, which I believe essentials does, with the flag:
-XX:+DisableExplicitGC

Another way you could improve is running parallel gc:
-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=# <- number of threads to use for GC

there are many other flags, such as the AggressiveOpts flag, or using ConcMarkSweepGC, but overall tweaking a Java VM environment is very high-level and most of the time not recommended.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome