Server works on 1 PC but not the other?!?

Willberfollower's Avatar Willberfollower2/22/24 12:22 pm
1 emeralds 107 2
2/26/2024 5:19 am
star_weaver's Avatar star_weaver
I'm at my wits end and really hoping someone has some ideas.

So my I'm trying to host a server. I've done it many times and am rather experienced I've gone over everything multiple times. However when I host a server from one computer my actual one everything works great. but on my secondary one that I bought just for this purpose the player sees it joins then just times out.

I'm pretty sure something is blocking it I can't quite narrow it down to the internet service provider/router side (its xfinity with their weird setups) or windows just blocking it. Like the player joins then all data transfers stop the world doesn't load and he's just falling through void.

Port forwarding is done through the xfinity app (can't do it through the router doesn't let you) I've done that correctly and the same for both computers and my main pc works and they can technically can join the other computers one just wont load in.

Reserved ips are correct and I've changed them around

Windows firewall is disabled on both computers

I've wiped and reset windows on it too and still didn't work

I probably wouldn't be here except why would one work and not the other it makes no sense to me

any help would be great and if you think its xfinities fault or windows ill try to dig more
Willberfollower
Level 25 : Expert System