Need Help! MC wont log me in!

Runeryan456's Avatar Runeryan4565/13/13 12:05 pm
5/16/2013 3:25 am
cestislife's Avatar cestislife
So i have a account that works on my main computer, but i have a new laptop now and everytime i try to log in it says can't connect to minecraft.net, even though everything is fine, HELP ME PLEASE
Runeryan456
Level 6 : Apprentice Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

cestislife
05/16/2013 3:25 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Runeryan456So i have a account that works on my main computer, but i have a new laptop now and everytime i try to log in it says can't connect to minecraft.net, even though everything is fine, HELP ME PLEASE

The "cannot connect to Minecraft.net" error can happen because:
  • An antivirus program or the firewall filtering the connection
  • Your Windows username has special characters in it, eg. (!)
  • Your hosts file has been tampered with
  • Java is defaulting to IPv6 instead of IPv4
  • There is an issue with your modem/router
  • System time is incorrect, or out of sync
  • Java's configuration files are out of date

The more prevalent root of the issue is of course the first one. Norton at times will block Minecraft. I would suggest disabling it temporarily, or even uninstalling it to see if the issue persists. Then we can rule out said possibility.

Unless of course, you do have exclamation marks or similar characters in your Windows username? The launcher will present itself with a black footer rather than the dirt background.

Mercer444Minecraft does not work on TOSHIBA computers.

This is very false information. Software is not limited to any manufacturer at all. They all probably have the same security software or even bloatware pre-installed that may be the cause of the issue.
fillpant
05/15/2013 4:45 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Programmer
Go here and click the 1st link on google search from mojang

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Can%27t+connect+to+minecraft.net
SkullHunter8000
05/15/2013 4:04 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Skinner
Triple check if your username and password are correct
Azie
05/13/2013 12:09 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
It's possible that your laptop's firewall or anti-virus is blocking minecraft.net. It happened to my boyfriend until he temporarily disabled his anti-virus/firewall.

Disabling your firewall is NOT recommended since it becomes easier for someone with malicious intentions to access your computer.
Runeryan456
05/13/2013 12:12 pm
My Firewall is off, but i have norton security, and if you say that its that, its not because I have it on my desktop computer too
Teddy
05/15/2013 4:10 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Skinner
I have previously had Norton for a very long time, and sometimes it gets a little upset if you try to run certain things. You may want to double check that Minecraft is in your 'allowed' field for Norton. You may also want to check to see if you have caps-lock or num-lock on while you're typing in your information.
Jurascuka5
05/13/2013 12:08 pm
Level 27 : Expert Lumberjack
Did you placed all of your minecraft files from your main computer into disc or chip and then placed them into your new laptop? If so then you needed to download minecraft exe file again not move them from your main computer to laptop. I hope this helped .
Runeryan456
05/13/2013 12:13 pm
No, i downloaded it on the site, but it will never play, so i though i should get the app, but it says can't connect to mc.net
05/13/2013 12:08 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
Leeberator
05/15/2013 4:17 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
False.
Azie
05/13/2013 12:10 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Maybe not on YOUR Toshiba. My boyfriend has a Toshiba and Minecraft works just fine. Brand names don't have anything to do with whether or not Minecraft will play on them.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome