Minecraft server chat lag..

OfficialVelocity's Avatar OfficialVelocity5/10/15 4:18 am
1 emeralds 2.7k 14
5/11/2015 11:10 am
Vigri's Avatar Vigri
Hi guys,

I've been having some problems with Minecraft recently, where when I join a server of any kind, the chat lags for ages, as in:

OfficialVelocity joined the game.
You have no new mail.
M-----celM: Wb.
Ae-----: Hello!
Others: Wb/Hello, (You get the idea)
So, then I type in 'Hi guys!', and 3 minutes later it shows up. So then I type another sentence:

'Oh noes, chat is lagging..'
But their chat shows up exactly when they type it, or press enter, whereas mine takes about 3/5 minutes.

It's really annoying, so please help.
(I've re-installed Minecraft and it's exactly the same. Even re-booted my PC.)
OfficialVelocity
Level 14 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

OfficialVelocity
05/10/2015 3:01 pm
CaptainMuricaI know OP's problem was resolved, but I want to make it clear that Java 8 is fully compatible with Minecraft and its mods (now that Forge has updated), and downgrading to Java 7 will only cause harm as it doesn't run as well and is less secure.

Yes, Java 8 is fine with Minecraft and Forge.
Leeberator
05/10/2015 2:59 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
I know OP's problem was resolved, but I want to make it clear to everyone on this thread that Java 8 is fully compatible with Minecraft and its mods (now that Forge has updated), and downgrading to Java 7 will only cause harm as it doesn't run as well and is less secure.
Vigri
05/10/2015 3:01 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
I thought 1.8 was incompatible. Thanks for the clarrification but then why was OP's problem because of Java?
searchndstroy
05/10/2015 4:24 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
It wasn't. I believe it was similar to this (not exactly, just the idea behind this (client is taking a long time trying to download chunks from the server)): odd-lag-issue-t487215.html

But a slow connection can cause this.
Vigri
05/11/2015 11:10 am
Oh okay, so it was the Java client (for Minecraft) however the actual lag was internet issues (possibly)?
OfficialVelocity
05/10/2015 3:39 pm
I was using 7.
Vigri
05/10/2015 4:08 pm
I use 7 and mine is completely fine... That is weird.
serdarminecraft
05/10/2015 9:07 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
OfficialVelocityHi guys,

I've been having some problems with Minecraft recently, where when I join a server of any kind, the chat lags for ages, as in:

OfficialVelocity joined the game.
You have no new mail.
M-----celM: Wb.
Ae-----: Hello!
Others: Wb/Hello, (You get the idea)
So, then I type in 'Hi guys!', and 3 minutes later it shows up. So then I type another sentence:

'Oh noes, chat is lagging..'
But their chat shows up exactly when they type it, or press enter, whereas mine takes about 3/5 minutes.

It's really annoying, so please help.
(I've re-installed Minecraft and it's exactly the same. Even re-booted my PC.)

Downgrade to JAVA 7,

Oh and this happened to me too. Time and a better connection with better UPLOAD fixes this. If your download is high but upload is low, this is the problem. Make sure your not uploading a video or something while playing
Karrfis
05/10/2015 6:50 am
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
optifine and new pc wont help anything you are having latency issues, check your wifi (if your connected wirelessly) turn it off and on again, ask everyone in your house to disconnect and try again, i get these issues all the time but have managed to map out the times of day i can and cannot play online
Vigri
05/10/2015 6:57 am
Do you also think that Java can be the problem? I believe that Java version 8 is not fully compatible (with some machines) for Minecraft.
anonpmc1648818
05/10/2015 5:27 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
[deleted]
Vigri
05/10/2015 5:39 am
Not this. It seems like a mod can be inflicting your file (if you have mods). If not, then update or downgrade your Java a bit, maybe that would help. Oh, and also check for viruses, with an antivirus and more. That could also be it. Having Optifine or a new PC doesn't make this better since they costs a lot of money... So yeah.
OfficialVelocity
05/10/2015 2:56 pm
I upgraded Java, which worked, then I also moved out of a laggy area.

Thanks for your help guys, really appreciate it.
Vigri
05/10/2015 2:57 pm
No problem. Glad our or my solution helped you
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome