Minecraft lagging no reason

cherubcherubcom's Avatar cherubcherubcom2/9/24 7:52 am
3/7/2024 3:25 am
sniffercraft34's Avatar sniffercraft34
The following messages are coming from discussions between me and Minecraft support.

Minecraft is taking up 80% CPU at any given time (often up to 90) and yet is only giving me 10 fps. I have tried giving it more ram - 4, 5 and 8 GB's of ram. None work to improve. I have tried deleting my folder and reinstalling Minecraft, that didn't work. When I tried playing on my laptop, it was also having the same problem. I have tried the game with and without VYSNC on. I tried setting OpenJDK as a priority and a few other solutions with no success. I have tried lowering my render distance down to 2 chunks and 5 sim chunks, no success. I have tried Minecraft with only Minecraft and Task manager to see if that would work, nope. I am lagging in both single and multiplayer servers. I have tried multiple versions, 1.20.2, 1.8.9. The snapshot seemed to get me to near 30 fps but that isn't a viable solution, sadly. If anyone has any questions or potential solutions I can try, please, for the sake of my sanity, help me.

While reading over your advice on improving my situation, I regret to inform you that I have already tried these solutions with no success.I uninstalled my minecraft folder completely.I am the only user and therefore administrator on my computer.I have tried playing the game with no mods, just pure vanilla minecraft in both 1.20.2 and 1.20.4 and the snapshot version. As I mentioned in my previous email, isay the snapshot got me high fps but no servers are running either the snapshot or 1.20.4.I do not get the white screen.I tried updating the drivers, no success.I have no clue what to do, any other suggestions are welcome. (The snapshot also doesn't give me high fps, it was a moment of good fps.)

I regret to inform you that I have tried the windows update and saw that nothing needed updating and i tried removing the most recent update to see if that would help, it didn't.I tried finding the background apps in settings - privacy and nothing came up regarding that name.I tried the clean boot, no success.I don't what to do. Help?

Help anyone? I have no idea what I have done wrong.
I have also tried deleting a specific world to see if it was the source of the problem, it wasn't.
Help me please.
cherubcherubcom
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Minetrio1256
02/18/2024 3:49 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Maybe you have a bad graphic driver install.
cherubcherubcom
02/19/2024 11:07 am
Nope, I have checked serveral times. I have tried updating them twice.
sniffercraft34
02/18/2024 7:56 am
Level 32 : Artisan Cookie
Use sodium or turn your ram to 6. If it is higher turn it down it may sound weird but too much ram will actuallly cause lag. I was lagging because my ram was high.
cherubcherubcom
02/18/2024 3:36 pm
Already tried both. Tried with no mods as well.
sniffercraft34
02/29/2024 12:24 pm
What about optifine? Or combine sodium with other mods like indium, sodium extra, more culling, starlight, ferrite core(very useful) etc.
sniffercraft34
02/29/2024 12:25 pm
ferrite core reduces cpu and ram usage without lagging ur game like modern fix
sniffercraft34
02/29/2024 12:26 pm
also get 64 bit oracle/java (https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp) and then with windows u will get 64 bit java minecraft
cherubcherubcom
02/18/2024 7:21 am
The Device Specs

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (5.94 GB usable)
Device ID: 5500FD14-E6CE-4E78-AE61-8456C60D2B53
Product ID: 00342-20794-32769-AAOEM
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I have tried Optifine with lowest settings, I have also tried factory reset which worked but I kind of broke it when I tried uploading my .minecraft file and remained broken when I deleted the .minecraft folder.
How might I check GPU?

I have tried restarting but I dont know what hard power cycling is.
I used McAfee to do a full scan (which took ages) and it said nothing was wrong.
I have tried singleplayer with disconnecting it from the ethernet but no positive results.
No version was successful in providing me more FPS.
My Laptop and PC are both Windows 11 if that helps.
The FPS is instant, I do not get even a milisecond of decent speed. Same with CPU.
I have tried superflat creative world, still bad.
I haven't tried those versions, but I will when I return from an event, and of course providing the results from this attempt.

Sorry for the late reply. I was away snowboarding and I just needed a break. This has been happening for 16 days now. It is quite annoying. The snowboarding was fun btw, very sore.
mega7
02/10/2024 1:38 am
Level 46 : Master Cupcake
I mean i have no idea except the fact that your pc could be a potato pc. Send specs if possible. And try using it with optifine on lowest settings and see how much fps you get.
mega7
02/10/2024 1:39 am
Level 46 : Master Cupcake
And also minecraft taking up to 80% if your cpu continuously isn't a good sign. How much of the gpu is minecraft taking? That matters too.
ScotsMiser
02/09/2024 10:04 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
history
Not mentioned, but I'd assume you've tried both restarting and hard power cycling, as welll as running scans for various malware…

I don't have a clear idea as to what might be going on, the following is just fishing for more information hoping something will 'click' [​for me or somebody]

Have you tried running single player with the machine physically disconnected from the net? (This might require turning off your modem and/or router, the idea being to absolutely prohibit the box from outside communication.)

Has MC (any version) ever run even acceptably on this/these box[​es]?

From the mention of your laptop having the same problem, I'm inferring you are seeing the issue on both the laptop and some other box.
In conjunction with the persistence of the issue in single player (disconnected from net), this would suggest the issue is not hardware related…

What operating system (including version) is used on each of the machines? [​If they are different, this would tend to eliminate that as the source.]

Does the CPU usage and low frame rate happen immediately, or does it 'build-up'?
If the latter, roughly how long does this take?

Have you tried a superflat world? [​If so, how does the perfeormance compare to standard?]

You mention trying 1.8.9 [​quite old] and 1.20.1 [​quite new]: have you also tried one of the stable versions in between? [​1.12.2 | 1.13.2 | 1.16.4]
star_weaver
02/09/2024 6:15 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
could you provide information on your computer itself? sounds like its either fairly old or not really meant for doing much more than browsing the internet if Minecraft is pretty much maxing it out
traincrisis
02/09/2024 8:43 am
Level 34 : Artisan Engineer
idk how i can help you
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome