I get this weird visual texture issue....

Prozact's Avatar Prozact1/31/24 6:24 am history
2/1/2024 8:25 pm
Prozact's Avatar Prozact
Footage

This doesn't happen normally and my onboard GPU is fine fyi. But Idk what causes it. Help appreciated. (Also please ignore the music, I just didn't wanna tab out cause my PC is a little slow.)
Prozact
Level 1 : New Collective

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ScotsMiser
02/01/2024 4:46 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
If that was looking down, I'd think it was a chunk loading error of some sort that produces an x-ray effect at a certain position when looking at a certain angle, but I've not seen that happen looking up as you appear to be in the vidao.
Prozact
02/01/2024 6:52 am
Huh. Yeah. I did think of that... but since the logs gave me no clue, I was lost obv. Idk what mod causes it or not, but I know my PC is fine (99.9%), aside from my hard disk. But it only had 1 bad sector over the course of 8 years and it did not increase after that. I installed normal MC client and obviously SFC scanned and updated my drivers. So yeah, my PC's okay. Ig it's just a software issue.

Also in logs, it said some crap about intel graphics and such. But other than that I'm clueless as mentioned.
michaelo
01/31/2024 10:19 am
Level 32 : Artisan Chef
are you using any mods?
Prozact
01/31/2024 10:31 am
history
Mhm. I got a mod list too. (Left click and open link to see full size. The mods are named as they are, CTJS is just chattriggers.)

c00lrafael
02/01/2024 12:49 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Toast
history
Maybe u wasted alot of space that it made that "weird visual texture issue".
U could maybe clear up space?
Prozact
02/01/2024 12:55 am
?????????? What.
Zomphey
02/01/2024 9:32 am
Level 40 : Master Blueberry
pretty sure he means " Maybe the mods are taking up so much space on your laptop/desktop/computer that its making the:

" Weird Bug Visual Texture Issue ". and so you could get rid of some mods or other things? " |:
Prozact
02/01/2024 8:25 pm
I apologise but it still doesn't make any technical sense. Unless it's corruption or miss-assignment or just missing parts. Things like that don't just *happen* unless of course: coding error or software error of sort. (One by mistake, other by just luck or some other issue that is not the programmer's fault.)
c00lrafael
02/01/2024 1:02 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Toast
michaelo
01/31/2024 12:50 pm
I don't know much about old 1.8 mods, but my guess would be Optifine is the issue. Usually if there's a visual glitch like that it's Optifine causing it.

First thing I would do is take Optifine out of the mod list to see if it actually is the one causing it. If it works fine without then you know you need to mess with Optifine settings, trial and error I'm afraid. I haven't used Optifine in a while, but I think you need to turn sky off for custom skies, and there'll be other related settings you can mess with like sun/moon and clouds, or some of the ones in other categories like fast render (I think that's the name) which may affect it. Try other custom skies and see if it affects them too. Mip-map levels can be weird sometimes as well, I've had to tweak those before.

You could also systematically take out mods to check if it's a compatibility issue. Or make sure your drivers are up to date.
Prozact
01/31/2024 8:30 pm
NEU doesn't like fast render so I keep it off.

There is nothing in logs other than "Invalid Operation" or "Invalid Value" from OptiFine. Turning off custom skies fixed it for a while but it came back.
dreamCritting
02/01/2024 7:56 am
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
Might an older Optifine version work perhaps?
Prozact
02/01/2024 8:23 pm
It's M6 version 2 preview.
michaelo
02/01/2024 7:08 am
Does it happen when you don't have Optifine installed?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome