How to insert pictures on books using commands?

milkucha's Avatar milkucha1/27/24 12:07 pm history
2 emeralds 408 4
4/13/2024 4:32 pm
milkucha's Avatar milkucha
Hi!

Not sure if this is the section where I should post this, but please admins move it if it's wrong. I've been looking around for answers to this, but so far haven't found anything. I'm looking for a way to insert pictures into books without necessarily using resource packs (although I'd be interested to know if this is possible too). I know how to add custom text and stuff like that, but adding actual images (not ASCII art) is beyond me so far.

I recently tried out the Gamingbarn's Guns data pack (which is great by the way), and in there they made books showing the recipes for each one of the items they added -I'm adding a screenshot for reference.

I took a look at the functions inside, but in the commands related to the books I didn't see anything I could identify as referencing any sort of image or how to build it. Any ideas anyone?

Book screenshot

Thank you!
milkucha
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

michaelo
01/27/2024 1:04 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Chef
history
That's done using custom fonts in a resource pack. If you want to see the images for Gamingbarn's pack, they're in assests > gbg > textures, and they're referenced in assests > gbg > fonts > recipes.json. The bits you're looking for in the book command are the sections which have "font":"gbg:recipes", that's how the images are added in the text.

It's a bit complicated to explain over a message like this though and I'm not very experienced with the topic, so I'd recommend searching to see if there's any youtube tutorials on the matter, or maybe send Gamingbarn a message directly who would probably be able to help a lot better, at least if just to point you in the right direction. You could also join a discord like the one for the Minecraft commands subreddit, or Datapack Hub from this site, both would have tons of people who can help!
milkucha
01/27/2024 3:36 pm
This is perfect, thank you so much!
MyZia
01/27/2024 1:01 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Network
Not possible without the use of custom resource pack.
milkucha
01/27/2024 3:37 pm
I figured, but I wasn't too sure how the asset from the resource pack would be integrated in the book until michaelo pointed it out. Thank you though!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome