How to Link Two Servers?

Vocashiny's Avatar Vocashiny6/3/14 2:56 am
6/7/2014 5:31 pm
elimusgrove9's Avatar elimusgrove9
Hi!
So I run a small server, and recently one of my trusted admins has bought his own small server, and we'd like to link the two up in a kind of shared way. Like Server 1 would offer towny, pvp and mini games, but Server 2 would offer creative, factions and a hub. Both servers are using craft bukkit.
Is there any way to link the chat of both servers into one, and to switch between servers using a command or portals? If you suggest bungee cord, please provide a way to use it, because as far as I know, you need spigot.
Thanks!
Vocashiny
Level 20 : Expert Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

elimusgrove9
06/07/2014 5:31 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
I am doing a bungeecord server build! Check it out! I do a full tutorial, and more!
www.youtube.com/craftkingsly
cazthecool2001
06/07/2014 12:54 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
Ill happily setup bungeecord for you
TheChosenOne_NZ
06/06/2014 5:04 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer
Yup, spigot is same as craftbukkit, instead its actually better cause its more customisable, and the way its coded, you will see up to 50% drop in CPU and RAM usage. Though the only minor downside is that it depends on Bukkit API, so it will only update after bukkit updates, which realistically is not even that long.
TheChosenOne_NZ
06/04/2014 12:12 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer
So basicly, download spigot version you want then, drag and drop it into your server files/folder. Restart server, so it generates files needed. Then download Bungeecoord, set up the Bungeecoord as shown in their tutorial. Go to config for bungeecoord, something like "config.yml" look for empty ports or make your own. So for example for your hub server you use 25959 port in config.yml for bungeecoord, you will use that same port in server.properties for the hub server. While this is just a quick summary, I suggest looking at in depth youtube tutorials.
Vocashiny
06/04/2014 11:51 am
Yeah, BungeeCord looks like my only option here, but is Spigot the same as craftbukkit in terms of plugins and stuff? I really don't want to set up my server again when I've become so used to the plugins I already have and have configured them accordingly :/
Xenu99
06/04/2014 12:43 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
All craftbukkit plugins should work with spigot (:
GoldButterKnife
06/03/2014 10:25 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
Use Spigot + Bungeecord, but please look up tutorials on how to use it properly. If not it'll probably get griefed quickly.

Here's a tutorial from a quick google search, should be effective considering the source.
saftan
06/03/2014 2:00 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
BungeeCord will connect servers together
ean521
06/03/2014 10:59 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
I don't know much about packets and services, but in Minecraft, it sends you to a server at the click of a button, so there should be a way to replicate that with your own code.
Vocashiny
06/04/2014 11:53 am
I'm not that great with coding, I mostly do HTML, so yeah... Give me a coupla years and it could be possible!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome