Cutscene with spectator mode

MCxJB's Avatar MCxJB5/21/15 12:04 pm
1 emeralds 396 7
5/21/2015 1:23 pm
YTCereal's Avatar YTCereal
Hey Everyone,

Right so I need a bit of help. I've seen people manipulate spectator mode to do things that are pretty interesting but I was wondering if the following is possible:

I am wondering if I could have a two testificates as characters in positions 2 and 3. The player then gets spawned in, in position 1. Is it possible to move the player to a central location in the middle (table) at point C, whilst character 3 is perhaps speaking dialogue? Then switch back to face characters 1 and 2.

The objective is to add some sound files and move the player around the room as each character talks in order to create a sort of cutscene.

Any tips or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
MCxJB
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

YTCereal
05/21/2015 1:23 pm
Level 22 : Expert Network
/tp @a[m=3] Numbers

it Teleports Every Spectator into that Spot With Numbers. such smart , such wow

and RUN A CLOCK!
kungfue
05/21/2015 1:17 pm
Level 46 : Master Turtle
@Terra
Thats exactly what i was thinking my friend
TerraScript
05/21/2015 1:15 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
I would be using the /tp command to change the player's location and Yaw/Pitch. Set up a fill clock that teleports the player ever-so-slowly forward, while controlling their Yaw/Pitch.

EDIT: Of course, do use scoreboard to control the timing of player movement.
MCxJB
05/21/2015 1:12 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
Thanks for the responses guys, it sounds like this idea will be quite promising.

@kungfue I'll drop you a PM with my ideas!
kungfue
05/21/2015 1:05 pm
Level 46 : Master Turtle
Yes this is entirely possible!
You would need to set up some scoreboards and such but then it wouldn't be to difficult! the hardest part would be dealing with timings! If you need any help with this then drop me a pm or add me on skype aran.wilkinson1
If you need proof i can use command blocks (i understand if so) then you can find my page here http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/kungfue/
Spa-Geddy
05/21/2015 12:42 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
I'm not a redstone expert, but I would say that you could do this using the 'tp' method in succession after one another. As for the sounds, I don't know what to do about that.
YTCereal
05/21/2015 12:15 pm
Level 22 : Expert Network
say what?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome