My Computer Wont Let Me Edit Textures!!!

KeyLimeSlime's Avatar KeyLimeSlime6/1/14 9:32 pm
1 emeralds 494 6
6/1/2014 10:28 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
So, i'm trying to modify a texture for a personal resource pack that changes the texture of pumpkin pie, and I opened up the right folders (Yes I used 7-Zip) and im trying to edit the texture for pumpkin pie, and guess what? I tried to open it with paint.net but I couldnt. So I just clicked it anyways to at least view the texture, and this happened: http://i.imgur.com/4hpya1t.png So can anyone please tell my how I can edit the texture? Thanks.

-KLS
KeyLimeSlime
Level 26 : Expert Geek

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Azie
06/01/2014 10:28 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
You have to extract the textures from your .jar first, like others have said. Just highlight all the texture files and drop them in a new, unzipped folder on your desktop. Opening files and trying to change them while in a .jar or a zipped folder usually doesn't work.
Killertoad
06/01/2014 10:28 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Listen, you're just opening in in the 7 zip program, you're just viewing the files, you have to extract them first. Right now they are a .7zip file, no program, other than 7zip can open them.
crazyeagle
06/01/2014 10:24 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Bunny
Extract it and save it somewhere else then try. Otherwise take note of where you saved it to and use the open function in paint.net
ryancat101
06/01/2014 9:55 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Turtle
Right click on it and click on open with and select a program that is able to paint a block...that's just a photo viewer program, your on not a photo edit program...if you do have one then you can get paint.net or gimp.there free but what I use is photoshop elements 2 but it cost money...I do know gimp is better then paint.net but if your a beginner I suggest sticking with paint.net.hope this helps. Also for more of safety purpose I suggest running a virus check on paint.net or gimp if you get one of those because I never used them but I heard it was one of the best free programs...my friend uses paint.net so you can also trust that a little bit more.
KeyLimeSlime
06/01/2014 10:20 pm
Level 26 : Expert Geek
Well I tried to right click it, then open it with paint.net, but I couldnt: http://i.imgur.com/fDNtdYR.png
Killertoad
06/01/2014 9:47 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
You have to right click the .zip folder, and unzip it, you can just open it the .zip folder and try to edit it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome