Can't launch any modded versions anymore

Wertologist's Avatar Wertologist11/20/17 4:44 pm
1 emeralds 138 5
11/21/2017 10:43 am
oakar258's Avatar oakar258
I have no idea what the problem is. I only ever really cycle between 2 modded versions. One for 1.7.10 and another for 1.11.2. Both worked fine with no issues. All I ever had to do was swap out the mod folders and change the forge version in the launcher. Then all of a sudden, I can't even launch either version. If I launch the 1.11.2 version, it tells me that the mods are "outdated" or something and won't even launch even though I've had a few hours logged in with those same mods. The 1.7.10 one is just not functional anymore. If I try to load any map, old or new, it "shuts down". I tried removing all the mods and it still "shut down". I tried reading the crash report, but when I click the "show me the crash report" link, nothing happens.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? This has never happened to me and I've used these configurations perfectly fine for a long time. It's only now that it's giving me issues and I've made no changes.
Wertologist
Level 44 : Master Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Wertologist
11/20/2017 8:21 pm
Here is the crash log:

pastebin.com/QCwwFQxR
oakar258
11/21/2017 10:43 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
I'm not sure but try delete options.txt and let game regenerate it.

options.txt file is in the main game folder.

I'm really recommending you to use diferent directories for modded versions in the future to avoid such issues ;)
Wertologist
11/20/2017 8:11 pm
What I do has worked for years. in my .minecraft>mods folder, I have a bunch of different folders for each mod set. When I want to use a set, I cut and paste the contents into the main mod folder. When I want to swtich, I drag them back into the correct folder and do the same thing for another version. This has never been an issue in the years I've been doing it. It only started now.
oakar258
11/20/2017 6:43 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
Instead of swaping mods folders I'm recomending using different directories for these versions
To do it for each version profile click 3-lines icon on top right > launch options> click modded version profile and in 'game directory' box change .minecraft to '1.10 modded' or whatever you want.
Repeat for second modded version profile but in game directory box use different name then the first profile.

I hope these instructions is clear and will help you in the future :)
star_weaver
11/20/2017 6:21 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
for starters, use multimc, its easyer than swapping out the mods folder all the time

and 2nd, for the love of all things good dont swap out folders or bad things like this happen

but what i would do is backup the mods folders, nuke all the installs and start again
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome