How to download Minecraft Maps for Bedrock

TetraSlime's Avatar TetraSlime4/20/24 8:15 am
4 emeralds 185 2
4/21/2024 1:35 am
Cornbread_Alphanumeric's Avatar Cornbread_Alphanumeric
Hello, i have download a map in this site but in the zip file there are a folder with many things in it

But i don't find what i have to do whith it to have it in my game because it didn't have a minecraft world file

Thanks
TetraSlime
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/21/2024 1:35 am
Level 30 : Artisan Miner
Cornbread_Alphanumeric
the most important parts of the world are the "level.dat" file and the "db" folder, which control world metadata (such as name and default gamemode) and chunk data respectively, but some worlds also come with other things, such as a "resource_packs" folder and a "world_resource_packs.json" file.

these (along with any other folders and files associated with the world) should all go into a folder specifically for the world which is itself inside the "minecraftWorlds" folder. do not place the individual pieces of a world into the "minecraftWorlds" folder by themselves. the name of the world folder doesn't matter (though older versions of the game have trouble editing worlds with a space in the folder name), so, if the world was zipped correctly, you should just be able to ctrl-x ctrl-v the folder you initially extracted the zip file into directly into "minecraftWorlds".

alternatively, you may be able to just turn the zip file into an mcworld file and run that.

if the world you're trying to import is from education edition, you may have to replace the "level.dat" file.

hope this helps!
04/20/2024 9:58 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Not a BR player, but the basics are that one needs to extract the map zip/rar to the saves folder.

This should be "games > com.mojang > minecraftWorlds" (unless you've changed it)

As stated, I don't know BR, biut you mention the zip/rar having a folder with many things inside it: my inlcination would be to move / extrct the top level folder to your ssave folder, but it might be neccessary to move the contained items directly to the saves folder. [Hopefully a BR-savy type will advise.]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome