Why I Hate Minecrafthelp

SkinsAndOtherOddThings's Avatar SkinsAndOtherOddThings2/13/24 4:09 pm
3 emeralds 210 5
2/17/2024 8:22 pm
Unstable_'s Avatar Unstable_
So, I think that once of the biggest things when it comes to Minecraft is that it is simply so waterlogged with all its new features, it just makes every other version seem to fall out of place. I believe that up to 1.14, Minecraft was very well-crafted, but now they're just shoving it full of unnecessary mobs and features that make it worse than it ever was meant to be. They also no longer support the older versions, and do not care for how Minecraft was. Opinions?
Posted by SkinsAndOtherOddThings's Avatar
SkinsAndOtherOddThings
Level 5 : Apprentice Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Unstable_
02/17/2024 8:22 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
I don't think it fell off until after 1.16. I think that the Nether Update was one of the best to happen, then they spent 2 updates for the same topic.
Still waiting on the end update.
michaelo
02/14/2024 7:30 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Chef
history
What do you mean by they no longer support the older versions? You can dislike some of the new things but I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.
ScotsMiser
02/14/2024 12:10 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
I'd have put the cut-off at 1.12…

1.13 brought MobB (arguably the worst mob in MC and the only one with it's own geamerule to remove), as well as the drowned (the spawn conditions for which ruined ocean builds [​assuming one wanted safe areas]) and the poorly executed changes to water mechanics.

1.14 attempted to limit the utility of villager trading and enhanced it instead, etc

I lay most of the blame for this to two causes:
a} the loss of Persson's commitment to sandbox play
b} the corporate imposition of a schedule for creative work (rahther than the older it updates when we get it right attitude)
SkinsAndOtherOddThings
02/14/2024 9:59 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Skinner
I would generally agree, except I did not mind the updates to villagers, or the ocean. I think they were beneficial. I do agree, however, that after Minecraft became more corporate, it ruined it. I would also add here that if we just stayed with 1.12, or 1.14, we would have so much more potential for mods that enhanced these things. If we had mods instead of new versions, it would be much simpler to keep Minecraft largely Vanilla-feeling, while also having some of the features that we have nowadays with modern Minecraft.
Finnodile
02/13/2024 6:17 pm
Level 26 : Expert Goblin
I think it depends more on what they are adding and whether its implemented well. For example, the fart bubble wind charge.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome