What will happen when the Human race caps?

Magenta Creeper's Avatar Magenta Creeper11/19/13 6:56 pm
1 emeralds 1.2k 75
11/21/2013 4:56 pm
spires33's Avatar spires33
You may be wondering what I mean by 'caps'. Cap; to top off. So what I mean is when the Human race reaches its carrying capacity. Which is I when a species comes to the point that it can not continue to grow. There just isn't enough resources to supply it.

The estimated carrying capacity for the Humans is about 9 billion. I disagree with this.
At the least I would say 20 billion, at the most 25 billion. It is said that by 2016 the Human race will have approached 9 billion. So if this is really the carrying capacity then there will be utter war. The governments won't operate by time 2017. There will be no sense of order. Unless we do something about population control this will be the result. But only one country has successfully done this; China. So if we don't get our act together the Human race will resort to other ways of achieving this. Nuclear wars?
Straight up war? Or disease? Disease is my guess. We could simply just drop some disease on another country, right? No, that would spill the fate for Humanity as we know it. Here where I live in the U.S.A. we would never be able to stop the spread of this man made monster to our own country. So fighting off the weaker countries? Nah that's a terrible idea, it would just lower the over all count of this country. Any ways, where would all these supplies come from? Chances are by time any one tries to set order, there won't be supplies for something like war. Let alone nuclear war. Even if we could through some gigantic bombs around it would only take 18 before we stopped the Humans' chance of survivial. And think about transporting the things too.
Nuclear war would create huge thick clouds of smoke and debris. This would result in plants withering away and little oxygen to spare. By time we noticed that there is little oxygen left, we would most likely be all dead or almost all dead.

Any ways guys, there are many other things to rant about, but I'll stop there. Just think, within the next few years we could be dealing with this.

Thanks for reading! Please leave feedback and your thoughts!

~Magenta Creeper

(Edit:) Thanks for 60 some odd replies guys! Please consider subscribing!
Magenta Creeper
Level 26 : Expert Toast

Create an account or sign in to comment.

RoboticNinja14
11/20/2013 8:38 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
XD
TruelyJ64
11/20/2013 8:37 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Explorer
We die...the start of Pikmin.
RoboticNinja14
11/20/2013 8:36 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Has anyone here ever thought that humans might have the tech to fly to different planets or other areas in space? I mean, come on. Were not going to just die out without a fight! Also, have you heard they spotted a couple far off planets like Earth with suns? {One even has acidic water} I don't see why we cant just go to those places when the sun decides to go BOOM. But, I may be wrong. Like 20 years ago when they thought 2010-13 would have flying cars and futurey crap like that. We might never advance in tech, and we might die out. No one knows. By then, Minecraft will have so many updates! Lol, just kidding. Minecraft may be completely gone by then. We'll just have to see what happens.
NeFt
11/20/2013 8:28 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Cake
We build underground shelters and make easybake ovens and store food and water and get weapons.

Then we survive while everyone else is hunger gaming
blazer1scool
11/20/2013 7:00 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
well in at least in the next billion years we would have the technology to inhabbit another planet just like earth so our race would be able to continue on before our own star dies out and we could also just use other planets as different countries basically
I_am_INACTIVE
11/20/2013 6:53 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Artist
Your answer is this one single word with so many meanings Firefly
-Kali-
11/20/2013 6:47 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
In 15k years, another Ice Age will occur. We'll die b4 then
Magenta Creeper
11/20/2013 8:22 pm
I'm sure we won't ever hit another ice age after all the global warming going on. But that's my opinion!
sycoinc
11/20/2013 6:40 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
Magenta CreeperYou may be wondering what I mean by 'caps'. Cap; to top off. So what I mean is when the Human race reaches its carrying capacity. Which is I when a species comes to the point that it can not continue to grow. There just isn't enough resources to supply it.

The estimated carrying capacity for the Humans is about 9 billion. I disagree with this.
At the least I would say 20 billion, at the most 25 billion. It is said that by 2016 the Human race will have approached 9 billion. So if this is really the carrying capacity then there will be utter war. The governments won't operate by time 2017. There will be no sense of order. Unless we do something about population control this will be the result. But only one country has successfully done this; China. So if we don't get our act together the Human race will resort to other ways of achieving this. Nuclear wars?
Straight up war? Or disease? Disease is my guess. We could simply just drop some disease on another country, right? No, that would spill the fate for Humanity as we know it. Here where I live in the U.S.A. we would never be able to stop the spread of this man made monster to our own country. So fighting off the weaker countries? Nah that's a terrible idea, it would just lower the over all count of this country. Any ways, where would all these supplies come from? Chances are by time any one tries to set order, there won't be supplies for something like war. Let alone nuclear war. Even if we could through some gigantic bombs around it would only take 18 before we stopped the Humans' chance of survivial. And think about transporting the things too.
Nuclear war would create huge thick clouds of smoke and debris. This would result in plants withering away and little oxygen to spare. By time we noticed that there is little oxygen left, we would most likely be all dead or almost all dead.

Any ways guys, there are many other things to rant about, but I'll stop there. Just think, within the next few years we could be dealing with this.

Thanks for reading! Please leave feedback and your thoughts!

~Magenta Creeper

Blizzard will come out with an update and up us to level 10 billion
socksmusicalcat
11/20/2013 6:31 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
Gotta go to space...space...SPACE!!!
vSammyTurbo
11/20/2013 6:23 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Cowboy
im sorry this wont ever happen. people die every day and people are born every day. so Suck it
Doughty
11/20/2013 6:29 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Grump
But the world population is still increasing due to that fact that the birth rate is higher than the death rate. This means that the population will continue to rise until it gets to a legitimate "cap" where the birth rate and death rate are the same, but this won't happen for a while due to our increasing medical technology.
HyJaffa
11/20/2013 6:28 pm
Level 43 : Master Modder
Suck it yourself, If you think because of your simple and broken logic we won't exceed the population cap over time then you need to go back to school. If it is how you put it then the population would never grow. Sure people die every day and people are born every day but those who are living and those who are born exceed that of those who die each day. Health care is getting better so less people are dying, and less people are using birth control and more people are being born.
Give it a few centuries and we will eventually get there.

...If the aliens don't get us first
Doughty
11/20/2013 6:21 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Grump
1. The sun has approximately 5 billion years left until it dies and becomes a white dwarf. Shortly before then it will be a red giant which will be about the size of Earth's orbit, so we have at most 5 billion years.
2. Although we may have enough space, we won't have enough food to supply 10B+ people, especially considering the amount of people in areas of the world that are impoverished and starving. As the population grows, so will the amount of people dying off due to undernourishment.
3. I doubt there would be a war based on population. If anything the UN would enact some kind of population control where the amount of births are regulated, rather than killing off people.
Magenta Creeper
11/20/2013 8:29 pm
Yes you're completely right about population control by war, but it could be a possibility. I'm pretty sure we would use other means of population control.
And there is no way we will live until the sun turns to a dwarf, because it will expand as it 'dies'. Thus completely destroying Earth.
gabe4356
11/20/2013 6:15 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
Wow..I say colonize another planet, they're talking about colonizing Mars.
Magenta Creeper
11/20/2013 8:24 pm
Yeah you could find a documentary about colonizing Mars. It is possible, but by no means easy.
janidorr
11/20/2013 6:13 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
Send the extras to the Moon/Mars. Then we'll actually learn how to colonize other planets, and if we do in time it won't cap anytime soon.
Magenta Creeper
11/20/2013 8:20 pm
We already know how colonize Mars. It would take about 50-100 years to completely convert into a livable planet.
gabe4356
11/20/2013 6:15 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
xD Thought the same thing.
HyJaffa
11/20/2013 6:11 pm
spires33the reproduction system to slightly break. They're slowly wiping out us

Don't believe the lies that paranoid anti-GMO people spread, without GMO food we would have a food shortage. There is nothing dangerous about GMOs.[/quote]
dude grow some brain cells you do know that gmo has caused men to grow..... not going there lets just say they are not supposed to be there and most contries and turning down are garbage they would rather starve if i was them i would be thinking the same thing![/quote]
You wouldn't rather starve, don't even say that. Neither you nor any of us have any idea what the pain of literally starving to death is. Be thankful. Thankzgivingz.[/quote]

actually would hunt or sucide i pick hunt...[/quote]
ikr, suicide is for zombies :p
spires33
11/20/2013 6:09 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
the reproduction system to slightly break. They're slowly wiping out us[/quote]
Don't believe the lies that paranoid anti-GMO people spread, without GMO food we would have a food shortage. There is nothing dangerous about GMOs.[/quote]
dude grow some brain cells you do know that gmo has caused men to grow..... not going there lets just say they are not supposed to be there and most contries and turning down are garbage they would rather starve if i was them i would be thinking the same thing![/quote]
You wouldn't rather starve, don't even say that. Neither you nor any of us have any idea what the pain of literally starving to death is. Be thankful. Thankzgivingz.[/quote]

actually would hunt or sucide i pick hunt...
HyJaffa
11/20/2013 6:07 pm
They say you can cram the worlds population into the space of France, the only reason we are classed as over populated, is because the areas that are empty, people don't want to live in. These areas are classed as too cold or too hot or uncomfortable, basically people moaning about the weather, I mean yeah, in some cases you can't actually live there but the real cap is about 28bil.
Not to mention we have only exhausted about 12% of the resources on the planet. Oil is dying sure, I mean there's loads in the south pole but politics stops anyone from getting it. Fact of the matter is, there's loads of space and loads of resources, but the Human race is so stupid and pathetic that we moan so much that all this empty space goes unused and the resources un-touched because countries are fighting.
K-Shun
11/20/2013 5:59 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Most likely something will happen by the time we cap, killing off quite a bit of people.
Magenta Creeper
11/20/2013 8:45 pm
I would guess that an asteroid would hit, or the sun flares would kill us. But sun flares would be less likely to do extreme damage. Because of the iron core we have creates the magnetic field to protect us! With out it we would be extremely weak against solar winds.
Speedguy14
11/19/2013 9:58 pm
Level 42 : Master Mage
Theomega Realmer
11/19/2013 9:56 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Pokemon
I can predict the future but, I could die while doing so I am paranormal
jman0111
11/19/2013 9:53 pm
Level 47 : Master Nerd
Only God, The Almighty one, who is the creator of this earth, knows when this world will end. Please don't go all mr predict the future. Leave that to God
spires33
11/20/2013 6:03 pm
agreed i dont think that we will get that far XD
Magenta Creeper
11/19/2013 10:23 pm
I'm good...I'm atheist...
aboveordinary
11/19/2013 9:52 pm
Level 43 : Master Engineer
Their are currently startup projects for people to live on mars. That is my guess, mars or a big spaceship (Like Wall-E)
willonidas
11/19/2013 9:52 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Anybody remeber the show Terra nova, that would happen and it would be bad @$$
PyroBlade_Knight
11/19/2013 9:51 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer
Nature always finds a way. Diseases will evolve and take out our population, and thanks to population density, we can expect it to take out more people than before. Although there are better methods to taking care of diseases (Such as the Black Plague), evolution is always going on, so we'll just have to evolve against our enemy.
sheasawesome
11/19/2013 9:32 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Narwhal
HUNGER GAMEESSSSSWW >;D
Kickbuttkaleb12
11/19/2013 9:42 pm
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Believe it or not, That could actually work. (If it were all over the world). If we do the whole Hunger Games thing, we might actually be able to reduce the human population some. Of course the government wouldn't call it The Hunger Games, maybe they would call it like Depopulation Project. Though a better idea would be to get a little more advanced. Defy the laws of gravity and make a floating house. Maybe even go underground for gods sake! We could even use the ocean!

(If the human race reaches its limit, People will die out anyways, The Carbon dioxide in the air will kill many.)
Knightsundere
11/19/2013 9:11 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Human beings are the smartest species on the planet; we'd find a way. I don't personally like the human race, so I can look at it in a different way than most would. This is what would happen;
In the amount of time it would take the Earth to overpopulate, we will have found new ways to create houses, make buildings more efficient space-wise, and create artificial food that can be grown in a laboratory or created entirely out of chemicals. Most likely, houses would turn into blank cubes stacked upon each other to create a pixelated surface; you might notice the design resembles the pixels of a computer. The streamlining of cities would be a model comparable to a computers motherboard; fluid, efficient, get-it-where-it-needs-to-go. A degree of individuality would be lost to the uniformity; one language would be adopted so that everyone would be under the control of one person, a monarch. The system would be run by a large Council coming from the highest ranking provinces that were still existent at the time of the cap breach. Cars would no longer be manufactured; it would entirely be public service transportation, such as tramways or subways. Strict control of birth limits would even out the deaths-to-births rate until it came under control, topping off the total number of worldwide people at 8 million, about the max the Earth can hold without be over-burdened. Emissions would be reduced to 0 because machines are run entirely on energy; the energy is created by heat cells being charged by steam power. One huge self-powering machine. Of course, thats the preferable option

Option 2: The total number of humans will slowly rise until the max is reached for that particular country. Other countries will attempt to provide help depending on the international status of that country. Since not all countries can be helped, the people of that country will revolt and attack the neighboring country looking for food and supplies. Massive, global war will break out between third-world countries while first-world countries fund the operations, squeezing the last bit of economy out of the third-world nations. After the third-world countries have all fought it out, larger countries will move in and annex them. The world will become controlled by about 15 countries, creating a severely complex system of international problems and pacts. The US will attack Russia, knowing the time for expansion is now. The world will die under the radioactive impact of the munitions in both countries. Very few humans will be left on the planet, mutated at that for generations to come. They will slowly die off to birth malfunctions because of the radiation and the toxins emitting from the ground itself. The Earth will become a smoldering wasteland.
spires33
11/20/2013 5:55 pm
the food thing is already happening stupid GMO
murgaloaf
11/19/2013 10:05 pm
Level 22 : Expert Warrior
Well that pretty much explained it.
-Kali-
11/19/2013 9:00 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Yeah. China is the only one attempting to stop this. A heard a theory that GMO grown products will cause the reproduction system to slightly break. They're slowly wiping out us
ChrisL
11/19/2013 9:48 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Artist
Don't believe the lies that paranoid anti-GMO people spread, without GMO food we would have a food shortage. There is nothing dangerous about GMOs.
spires33
11/20/2013 6:01 pm
dude grow some brain cells you do know that gmo has caused men to grow..... not going there lets just say they are not supposed to be there and most contries and turning down are garbage they would rather starve if i was them i would be thinking the same thing!
Cyentw
11/20/2013 6:04 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
You wouldn't rather starve, don't even say that. Neither you nor any of us have any idea what the pain of literally starving to death is. Be thankful. Thankzgivingz.
Magenta Creeper
11/19/2013 8:51 pm
Thanks guys for all this feedback and great ideas! Nice to know that we sorta have hope to save this race!
jgrocks2
11/19/2013 8:43 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Architect
I wouldn't find that this would happen in a matter of years. A reasonable time for this to happen (My opinion) is around 50 years from now.
G0dlyCheese
11/19/2013 8:40 pm
Level 48 : Master Pegasus
Probably some disease will kill us all off. Although that is very unlikely since pretty much all diseases have been discovered. Anything else we don't have to worry about because we'll be dead.
The Gaming Grunts
Level 14 : Journeyman Pokemon
I sense the Walking Dead
Platydroid
11/19/2013 8:35 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Worldwide apocalypes followed by 1984?
Bi0H4z4rd
11/19/2013 8:33 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragon
I think there is going to be an apocalyptic event sometime soon if we keep this up, or a disease that will kill most of us off. This is just my opinion.
Magenta Creeper
That's where my highest bets are going.
poltercreeper
11/19/2013 8:03 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Goblin
hopefully we will have colonized other planets by then, but im just being hopful
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome