UPDATE IDEAS!!!music_note

Panda_sleepy-octoling's Avatar Panda_sleepy-octoling2/10/24 12:04 am
2/11/2024 12:28 am
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser

okay. there's probably a lot of update ideas out there, but here are some of mine ^^

1. the river update
    Minecraft's oceans had gotten an update, so why not a river update?

2. combined biomes/ hidden biomes
    there could be a hidden biome in the world, like a dead dark-oak forest without leaves and dead wood, or a lush birch forest (moobloom would spawn there and be part of the update

3. the fungi update
    minecraft needs more fungi (see what i did there?) to mess around with in builds

4. the community update
    this update would take small suggestions from all sides of the minecraft community, add colorblind filters and bridge the gap between bedrock and java editions!

let me know your thoughts in the comments, but for now,
stay strange! -star_half
    Posted by Panda_sleepy-octoling's Avatar
    Panda_sleepy-octoling
    Level 15 : Journeyman Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ScotsMiser
    02/11/2024 12:28 am
    Level 39 : Artisan Miner
    history
    I'm not sure any of these would be sufficient to justify a full update (other than the final potpourri option), but each might form a part of an update…

Each would also benefit from being expanded to include more details. . .
    Taking Fungi as example:
    What sort?
    How would they look? (Size | Shape | Color[​s])
    Where would they occur?
    What sort of growth mechanic?
    Would the blocks have any different properties (other than cosmetic) from the current red, brown, and stem blocks?
    [​IMO somthing more than different shaped growths and different colored blocks would be needed to make this worthwhile. (Also, I'm not found of new foods being added simply in the name of gastronomic diversity.)]

Surprising there is not subforum dedicated to suggestions / ideas discussion…
    [MS/Mj may be effectively a lost cause, but the modders et al. might well appreciate being able to mine such.

Again using the added fungi as example: I can see various members contributing to and debating various ideas for types, appearances, mechanics, and usages that might be turned into a game addition by one of the more technical members.
    Less technical players would gain a forum in which to dicuss ideas with at least the possibility of seeing actual implementation, while more technical players would get both a source of ideas (Hopefully ending the stream of 'what should I make?' threads…) as well as early feedback on the mechanics the're working to implement (It being far cheaper to change a design in the planning stages rather than needing to rework).]

>ASIDE: Any thoughts on asking for this formally<

Something sparked by a comment elsewhere LINK:
      Are you suggesting overcast withou precipitation, or that clouds should cast shadows that change lighting? (Or both?)

  I'm not sure how different the first would be [​cauldrons wouldn't fill, farmland wouldn't hydrate, no fishing boost, & ???].
      Actual cloud shadows might be laggy (although this doesn't seem to be a concern for MS/Mj based on the past several updates), but could
      make exploration considerably more. . . 🤔 'interesting'.
    Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
    www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome