_-_ The Land of the Beasts _-_ ~ A Forum RP ~

BlackFTW's Avatar BlackFTW4/19/12 8:06 pm
1 emeralds 165 7
4/21/2012 4:45 am
BlackFTW's Avatar BlackFTW
Hopefully, I can make a successful RP this time!
Gonna try a more simple approach to this whole thing... (Unless everyone hates me and that's why none of my ideas make it.)

The Backstory

Inshiuewa, or just simply and commonly known as The Land of the Beasts. It's pretty diverse place. The continent is separated from the rest of the world by a large ocean just inconveniently placed so that Inshiuewa is the "island continent", separated from the world by a two-hundred and thirty-five mile long ocean in all directions. The thing is, Inshiuewa is the biggest continent, meaning there's more than enough room for the people and animals living there.

The land is split up into five areas; first of all, the desert region known as Kanyrau. Kanyrau housed the Likari, humanoid lizards that are specially built for hot and dry temperatures and places. They don't need oxygen to breath; they can breath almost any gas, and they exhale the opposite of said gas, like humans do with oxygen. The second region is the place of trees, Uirou. The native breeds of Uirou range from all sorts of small, wood-land creatures, but the most... sociable are the Hirou. Hirou are small, owl-like creatures that are able to speak any language it ever hears, and its own. They're bigger than most normal owls, but they're still smaller than a large dog.

The third is the region of humanity, and the most human-like species, meaning elves, dwarves, ect. Like our world, they're civilized, and social. The land is scattered with farms, factories, mines, cities, villages, mills, roads, paths, and all of those things that we used to have back in the day. Most notable are the elves. Elves, or elven-mixed have the blood to create and use spells and magic. Of course, if a human is dedicated enough, one can learn magic if taught by actual mage. It's insanely hard to learn the art of the mage by yourself, let alone the only mage scrolls are written in Elvish, yet to be translated into a human language. Dwarves, as you might guess, literally can not learn the art of the mage. Human cities are much like ours in the medieval age. Dwarven cities are mostly built underground, or in mountains or volcanoes that are inactive. Elvish cities usually are built almost anywhere, where humans prefer open fields, though where ever a town is located, you can be sure there are festivals held weekly, if not daily.

The fourth piece of land, Faie, is polluted with rivers, lakes, and bays everywhere. It's seventy-five percent water bodies, and twenty-five percent land. Sentient water species have built towns underwater. And, finally, the final region, the one unnamed, lies in the exact middle of Inshiuewa. It's a two hundred miles that way, and another two hundred miles the other way. It's bordered by a giant ring of ancient pillars, used to be enchanted to form a mage's barrier around the place, encasing the large and dangerous beasts inside the place known as No-Man's Land.

Lately, monsters have been spotted recently. Around innocent towns. No explanation. Just, blam, dragon attack. The cause? The gate... Well, you know them as the ancient pillars. Same thing. Finally, the spells casted upon The Gate has finally broken. Monsters can freely enter as they please; so can anything else, enter or leave.

Application Format

* = Not required.

[b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Sub-Species?*[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] (Note, this area MUST contain the character's backstory (which must be at least two paragraphs long), the character's personality, the character's appearance and the character's gender and age. Also, you must delete this little note or you will be declined. This part of the application is to test if you're competent enough to be able to write your character without a helping hand, and that means you MUST try to not use a picture for the appearance, unless you give a proper excuse, not "I'm too lazy to find a good picture!".)
[b]Abilities/Skills:[/b]
[b]Any Pets?*[/b]
[b]Anything Else?*[/b]
BlackFTW
Level 39 : Artisan Miner