Short story followed by a question of logic.

Team_Subspace's Avatar Team_Subspace6/30/13 3:35 am
1 emeralds 202 3
6/30/2013 3:45 am
Neptonic's Avatar Neptonic
So, a couple years ago, before I moved houses (and got a laptop), I lived in house where we all shared the same computer. The computer used external speakers, that were turned on only when needed, and turned off when the computer was off. One time (and the first of many), my mother noticed what sounded like voices coming through the speakers when she turned them off. The computer had been off before that as well. When she told me about it, I just thought she was hearing things. A couple months (I think) later, I was turning off the computer, and turned the knob on the speakers, and the second they clicked off, I heard what sounded like a conversation going on between two people. I was a little startled at first, because it's not every day that you hear voices on speakers that aren't even on. I asked my mother about it, since she had experienced the same thing, and she explained it as simply radio wave interference that was just passing through and was received by the speakers on their way to the other end of the conversation. And now I ask, how does that work? Could someone explain that to me?
TL;DR - Can hear talking on speakers after they are turned off. Want explanation.
Team_Subspace
Level 37 : Artisan Musician