Over-Simplification of technology

Lex The Gallade's Avatar Lex The Gallade5/30/15 10:47 am
1 emeralds 339 2
5/30/2015 12:28 pm
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0's Avatar zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
This issue has been irritating me for a while now. But i've noticed a trend. Things are starting to get too cardboard and simple in my opinion. Everybody stopped caring about reaching new limits and instead went with making it easier for everyone to reach current limits.

For example. Windows, up until eight, tried to look flashier and flashier with more advanced user options. We had (I still use windows 7 so to me it's "Have") Aero themes, shiny things when you click on them, and a bunch of fancy effects. Now it's just... cardboardy. With a stupid smartphone style UI that was meant to be minimalistic FOR smartphones so they could run faster. It's happening on websites too. Deviantart, with a monocolour logo that's literally a Z with a line through it. Skype, has been getting really "simple" but not in the right way. As people keep simplifying our programs, advanced users lose features they used to get! And why is the trend single colours, with no shading at all? Windows 8 menu, one colour. Deviantart logo. One color. Something like the Planet minecraft logo is a good example of a good logo, it's not been made stupid and simple.

Please tell me i'm not the only one who's noticed everything getting stupidly simple in technology? But for the worse.
Lex The Gallade
Level 8 : Apprentice Farmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
05/30/2015 12:28 pm
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
Windows 7 looks nice, don't get me wrong, but I'm a sucker for simplistic and minimalist designs like Windows 8/.1/10 have. It's a design trend because it's clean, simple and easy to use, while advanced users can still get everything they need. I've had more fun screwing stuff up with the features in Win 8.1 like Hyper-V which 7 didn't have.
Killertoad
05/30/2015 11:08 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
It's called simplistic, and it's a trend that most people seem to like. Too much flashy is ugly to a lot of people, me included.

Eh, no Windows 8/8.1 wasn't made simple for smartphones to run better, it's no more different than 7, other than the clear glass aero effect, but I don't notice it gone, so it's not really that big of a deal.
And yeah, simplistic. Only person I've ever heard make a complaint about it all, is you. Lol
And the Windows 8 menu has one background color (you can pick) because of the way the buttons are. The buttons are different colors, so the background doesn't need to be all different shades and crap because it'd confuse your eyes. (You can change the background if you want, iirc).

And that doesn't even have anything to do with technology really, it has to do more with the art trend. Simplistic is easy to understand, to the point, and well that's really all you need with a logo. Why spend tons of money on a flash logo just so people can see? When most people don't like that flashy logo type anymore?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome