Opression; Rebellion -- Forum RP Application Thread

BlackFTW's Avatar BlackFTW5/21/12 1:30 am
5/23/2012 10:29 pm
Aether_Angel's Avatar Aether_Angel
Akaen is a country quite north from the main lands. It's a dictatorship. Its laws are cruel and harsh, and they punish for even the simplest of things, even smiling. Everyone had to wake up at six, everyone had to wear the same uniform, no one was allowed to leave the country. No one was allowed to enter the country. Their military obliterated the other countries' armies with ease. Except, they didn't know what Akean's weakness was.

The citizens did. Fed up with the abuse and torture thrust upon them by the government, a large group of rebels from across the entire country grouped up in a city named Alek's Home. They took down the entire city and killed every last guard in it. They made this city their base. Next was the nearest cities. They kept doing this until the army was sent upon them.

The majority of the rebels died fairly quickly. But, more and more rebels join the rebellion each day. The government has a choice... step down, or kill everyone in the entire country, leaving himself completely powerless and useless.

~_~_~_~_~---

You live in Akean. You were born there, like everyone else. Your path is completely up to you, whether you joined the military or became one of the rebels, or just did nothing. Mostly, the people who did nothing usually died for no reason. Well, most of them did.

The military dogs are trained to be ruthless, killing machines that kill everything in their path.

The rebels said to themselves, "May we be silent and quick, assassins in the dark, destroyers of the shadow.".

Rules:

1.) THIS IS NOT A SERVER RP.

2.) Do not God-Mod, Meta-game, or any of that.
3.) Do not be over-powered or perfect.
4.) BE REALISTIC.
5.) Delete everything in parenthesis.

Applications:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (Character must be 18+)
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b] (Please make it at least a paragraph.)
[b]Alignment:[/b] (Government, Rebellion, Neutral)
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Anything Else?[/b]

Acceptors:
ISN'T IT OBVIOUS?! *Generic Anime Pose*
BlackFTW
Level 39 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Aether_Angel
05/23/2012 10:29 pm
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
She did.
gwenlover24942
05/22/2012 9:02 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Name: Audrey Rappaport
Appearance: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&biw=1440&bih=794&tbm=isch&tbnid=sLhlvnskIFCPcM:&imgrefurl=http://www.foroswebgratis.com/imagenes-club_otaku-73801.htm&docid=ogNUGOW3flFs_M&imgurl=http://www.foroswebgratis.com/imagenes_foros/7/3/8/0/1/1055340brunette-anime-girl--large-prf-1188882324.jpg&w=495&h=500&ei=pjS8T7DYLsHB6AGB39RW&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=175&vpy=168&dur=1625&hovh=226&hovw=223&tx=123&ty=119&sig=111772203605633990882&page=1&tbnh=131&tbnw=132&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:87
Backstory: Audrey is a tomboyish girl who just turned 19 and is ready to start spying. Her parents were part of the rebellion, but they were killed by the government. Audrey was raised and trained by friends in the rebellion. Audrey is sneaky, secretive and agile. From the moment that she was taken to be raised by the rebellion, they knew she could be a spy. Audrey was soon one of the best spies in the rebellion. When she turned 19, she was ready to start spying. Audrey is an animal lover and animals seem to love her. She has befriended many of the military dogs. The rebellion was so scared when they saw that Audrey had brought home a military dog. She has trained some of the dogs to change their ways and fight for the rebellion. Of course, there are times when the dogs attack her, but most of them eventually become friendly around her. Audrey was loved by most, but targeted by most, too. The government is trying very hard to get rid of Audrey.
Alignment: Rebellion
Anything Else? Audrey can befriend almost any dog, government or not.
BlackFTW
05/22/2012 8:46 pm
Aether_AngelName: Isabel Edwards
Appearance:-snip-
Backstory:-snip-
Anything Else?-snip-]

Err... How does a five-year-old exactly survive with no family? I'm ASSUMING that she went to an orphanage.
Aether_Angel
05/22/2012 6:44 pm
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
Name: Isabel Edwards

Appearance:

Backstory: Isabel had hated seeing her brothers and sisters die for smiling, for laughing, for not having their tie perfectly straight. Eventually, her parents also fell to the tyranny. They had laughed, and tried to disguise it with a cough, but it became too noticeable that way. A government official had come, and slain her parents with a bullet to the head. Her mother had told Isabel to hide in her usual hiding spot, so when the "bad man" went inside, she ran out and hid in a small, underground burrow that was big enough to stand, stretch, and lay down in, but small enough to not be noticeable. She was five at the time. When the official left, Isabel went inside for some food, and found her parents in the backyard with a trail of blood. Swearing revenge, Isabel decided to join the Government Army to learn their secrets and become of some use to the Rebellion when she joined them.

*magical time skip*

Isabel looked up, and here she was. The rebel's base! She ran in, and grabbed one of their red patches after joining. They needed generals, and the young one was there to offer.

Anything Else? She carries a pistol with her at all times, and she is usually found with a .50 caliber, but in emergencies has a .22

Clue
05/22/2012 4:08 am
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
I would explain, but there are children around.
BlackFTW
05/22/2012 4:07 am
I'm not entirely sure what just happened.
Clue
05/22/2012 4:05 am
And Black was never seen again . . .
BlackFTW
05/22/2012 4:05 am
*Reports to Central...?*
I'm not following this at all.
Clue
05/22/2012 4:01 am
Report to Central.
BlackFTW
05/22/2012 4:00 am
Erm... what?
Clue
05/22/2012 3:57 am
I find your complete unlack of Common Sense most disturbing.
Please head to Central.
Clue
05/22/2012 3:42 am
Would magical powers of draconic kind be considered unrealistic?
I am pretty sure you believe in dragons.
BlackFTW
05/22/2012 3:47 am
Yes. Yes they would.
#Commonsense
asdfjkajksjgf
05/22/2012 3:31 am
Level 24 : Expert Artist
Name: Sophia Chapman
Appearance:
Click to reveal

Backstory: Coming. SOOOON!
Alignment: Neutral.
Anything Else? Nopey!
BlackFTW
05/22/2012 3:26 am
And so, with the help and power of the seven magical Star Spirits, Black prayed, with all his might, for Threadrio to beat the evil Unoriginalwser.
GinKurama
05/21/2012 2:32 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Miner
Hey, just to make this clear. Gin's an assassin, meaning sneak behind someone and either stab them threw their throat with a dagger, or snap their neck. He doesn't use guns often. Just clearing that up for you and myself.
BlackFTW
05/21/2012 2:28 am
Annnnd, here's my character:

Name: Markus Yoae.
Appearance:
Click to reveal

Backstory: Markus' brother was tortured and killed for breaking the law. He was always rebellious. He never followed the rules. Then he didn't follow the laws, and he died. Died horribly. Died by being viciously stabbed, whipped, cut, slashed and everything. When he turned twenty-three and when the Great Rebellion started, he was one of the first few people to join the Rebels. He was handed a sniper rifle, and though it took a long time, he learned how to use it well, and he became a Sniper. Of course, he's still not very good, but the Rebels take what they can get. He lurked the alleyways of Dutch's Remains, a city not too far off the coast. He was one of the Rebel guards stationed there. Until he was drafted. Drafted to who knows where. He didn't know where. But he was drafted there.

Alignment: Rebellion. ~.~
Anything Else? Hot goat cheese milk!
GinKurama
05/21/2012 2:14 am
Cool beans!
BlackFTW
05/21/2012 2:09 am
GinKurama-You probably thought I'd leave this in. Nope, just Snip Testa.-
Tell me if you want it longer.

Nah, that's good enough. It's a paragraph. Accepted.
GinKurama
05/21/2012 2:07 am
-Backstory: Gin was one of the 'top' assassins in the rebellion, killing his fair share of government dogs. He hates the government for what they do and did. Nothing personal has happened to him, but forced to see those corrupted being in authority fried his heart strings. He joined the rebellion, wishing to make a difference. Even though he knows alot of his rebellion friends and comrades die against the more organized government, he will try as much as he can to help his faction. In his mind, the government needs to go down, and he will be first in line to see them get there just deserts.
Tell me if you want it longer.
GinKurama
05/21/2012 2:03 am
My heart skipped a beat...that was too creepy.
BlackFTW
05/21/2012 2:01 am
GinKurama
Backstory: Soon

#Hadto
GinKurama
05/21/2012 1:56 am
Name: Gin Kurama
Appearance:
Backstory: Soon