Opinions on Vocaloids?

mekbots's Avatar mekbots6/12/14 4:42 pm
6/12/2014 10:09 pm
Forgelander's Avatar Forgelander
So out of pure boredom I was just wondering what everyone's opinion is on vocaloid's ^_^ Personally I think Hatsune Miku, the vocaloid makes pretty kewl music

I will do a poll for interest but would also love to see opinions in the comments

If you don't know what a vocaloid is it is essentially a program made to make songs built by individual sounds and vowels etc made by people and is very popular in Japan as genuine pop stars! You can hear an example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBucCNH78q4
mekbots
Level 30 : Artisan Robot

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Forgelander
06/12/2014 10:09 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Explorer
They're okay at best.

despise the fanbase.
n8mo
06/12/2014 9:44 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
I like to believe it takes more skill to write a song that a real human sings.

Vocaloids are very cool, however I like them mostly because the technology intrigues me. I listen to (some) J-pop and watch a lot of anime but vocaloids are not my cup of tea.
TwistedOwl
06/12/2014 9:42 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
I think they're cool and the concept is and i appreciate all the work people do to make them but I never listen to them
Madison_
06/12/2014 9:35 pm
Level 24 : Expert Artist
Only one I care about and like is Gumi. It's fine though.
AnimeFanFTW
06/12/2014 9:34 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Senpai
I like them, but I'm not a huge fan.

I like some of the Vocaloid songs, like the Black Rock Shooter Opening Theme Song, sung by Hatsune Miku. ^_^
janidorr
06/12/2014 9:29 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
No.
MinecraferGirl413
06/12/2014 8:48 pm
Level 1 : New Engineer
I like....
Rin Kagamine
And Luka <3

Foxy
06/12/2014 8:42 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Depends.
The majority of the songs I've heard are either horrible and just painful to listen to or so long, bland, and monotonous that I can't finish listening because they're done by people who don't know how to use the program effectively, but there are a bunch that are done pretty well and are actually enjoyable to listen to.

Now the over-obsessive fanbase they seem to have accumulated often drives me insane and seems to have given them a bad name.

If I had to choose a preference though, it would probably be Kagamine Rin and Len.
Nom900
06/12/2014 8:37 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
Good music is good music to me. Sometimes they have some really good songs, sometimes they don't. The same can be said with pretty much every genre of music.
KawaiiMiku
06/12/2014 8:20 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Demolitionist
love them
hate the fandom. I HATE THEM. who said 11 year old weebs were allowed to make youtube 'roleplay' accounts in the first place? way to ruin a good thing.

no kidding i love vocaloid 90% of the music i listen to is related to it, whether it be songs or utaite covers.
aipoduhfoaifh
06/12/2014 5:40 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Button Pusher
What are Voalcoids?
lobie10
06/12/2014 8:33 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Artist
It's a program with computer generated voicebanks.
mekbots
06/12/2014 5:37 pm
Konan_Chanx

Yeah sorry to troll, my profile picture's Hatune Miku and the signature for PMC anime club is also Hatsune Miku x)

nah, its fine im just a bit slow sometimes *facepalm*
Crescendo
06/12/2014 5:15 pm
Level 81 : Elite Witch
AzieI think they're alright. Not personally a die-hard fan, but I don't dislike the music. I understand why some people are turned off by the thought of it all being generated by a program though.

mekbots
Konan_ChanxI hate them

Click to reveal
xD

lol, well opinions I guess ^_^

Obvious joke was obvious.

Yeah sorry to troll, my profile picture's Hatune Miku and the signature for PMC anime club is also Hatsune Miku x)
Azie
06/12/2014 4:53 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
I think they're alright. Not personally a die-hard fan, but I don't dislike the music. I understand why some people are turned off by the thought of it all being generated by a program though.

mekbots
Konan_ChanxI hate them

Click to reveal
xD

lol, well opinions I guess ^_^

Obvious joke was obvious.
Aegeah
06/12/2014 4:48 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Fisherman
I like Miku, Ren, and Lin the most. I like vocaloids, and I generally think that japanese people are generally good at singing, even without being dolled up and candy-fied by effects. My personal favourite japanese Vocaloid songs are "World is Mine" - Miku, "Roling Girl"- Miku and (I like miku a lot) "Last Night Good Night" - Kaito

My favourite regular japanese songs also, are "Rain" by Sid, and "Again" by Yui. They've got really nice singers, and great meanings.
mekbots
06/12/2014 4:50 pm
They are pretty awesome
Crescendo
06/12/2014 4:47 pm
Level 81 : Elite Witch
I hate them

Click to reveal
xD
mekbots
06/12/2014 4:50 pm