Let's criticize content on YouTube

MudkipWithShades's Avatar MudkipWithShades1/10/20 9:43 pm history
1/20/2020 2:50 pm
Guillesahu07's Avatar Guillesahu07
YouTube had a lot of great content back in the day especially for the nostalgic or those curious about what made YouTube great back then and still has today, but now it's flooded with junk videos like "6 Ways to Make Your Basement Nicer! 100% Works!" with all clickbait thumbnail and title, and "What Ruined This or That?"(ironic how I'm ranting about "rant" videos on youtube lel) Let's face it, we're all tired of this nonsense content on YouTube and we can get it off our chests with this thread. There are new YouTubers and old ones like Pewdiepie who still make good content, but it seems like YouTube only cares about those no one is really talking about elsewhere on the internet. Now don't slander, but say something constructive about a particular Youtuber's content you don't like, or a trend of videos you don't like.
MudkipWithShades
Level 25 : Expert Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Guillesahu07
01/20/2020 2:50 pm
Level 28 : Expert Procrastinator
Yes, All videos now are Cursed Minecraft videos and Minecraft but (insert effect that makes the game unplayable)
DrFuzzyFish
01/16/2020 11:50 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Mage
I for one don't call all youtubers "content creators" as most would even be able to create a birthday card for their mum, I only watch content creators, the ones that put time and effort into the vids and create something of their ow, something I cant or don't get anywhere else. A good example would be Joe Rogan or Critical Role. Oh and don't get me started on these "react" videos they moan when they get a copy strike yet learn nothing from it, thinking they deserve to be able to do what they want and get paid for it while not having to pay anyone else, because it's them on camera and they do all the "work", yeah like they made that game trailer or meme or whatever, no you little tea bag you just sat there and watched it. I'm gonna stop here tho, feel my blood boiling lol
Guillesahu07
01/13/2020 2:20 pm
Level 28 : Expert Procrastinator
What does that have to do with Minecraft? This is a Minecraft forum, not Reddit.
MudkipWithShades
01/16/2020 11:15 pm
Discussion - General's description reads that anything non-Minecraft related goes here, but Minecraft content can be talked about here too obviously.
Nozo
01/13/2020 2:06 pm
Level 48 : Master Robot
Well; I can't really say much because my YouTube experience is different due to language settings etc. and being half japanese (my Japanese level is still of a 12 year olds; but it's improving-- my mother is teaching me a bit as well hahah) myself I tend to diverge in different videos than the rest of the people on this site.

I've not seen much clickbait; except for some content that I don't really want to watch. I guess it really depends on your geography or language tbh.

Here is my front page:

I only really know some youtubers like hikakin to be clickbait. Probably because I watch some serious shizz on YouTube.

Pretty much the algorithm likes to put out crap to people in certain locations.

I am subscribed to a lot of Japanese small YouTubers due to YouTube recommending them; so I duly believe that the algorithm really is based on location. 

It also really seems to be based on what's trending or getting more popular at the time; it seems that people in western locations seem to get clickbaited more than other locations, I guess.

But there's my input on this... I do believe there was a clickbait blocker in the past as an addon for chrome... but i can't remember what it was called.

It's interesting to see, how, YouTube change depending on location and its algorithm changes.
Nozo
01/13/2020 2:16 pm
Level 48 : Master Robot
really the only bad thing I’d say is that I get unfunny memes sometimes from my recommendations.
MudkipWithShades
01/16/2020 11:20 pm
I made a meme compilation video I think is funnier than *most* popular vine videos and crap, and it somehow isn't getting as many views and it's Pokemon related, I expect a lot of views but it flopped in return. *shrugs* YouTube appearently promotes negativity as long as it's not against people they're trying to protect, who don't really watch YouTube anyway.
TobySuren
01/13/2020 2:03 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragonborn
Troom Troom. No I don't want to cover my phone with hot glue. Or my computer. Or my tv. I'd also rather it if you weren't borderline racist by calling all your 'friends' by how they look.
anonpmc2713049
01/13/2020 1:37 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
[deleted]
Giancarlovan
01/13/2020 12:58 pm
Level 42 : Master Technomancer
Yes! We hate those annoying clickbaity titles and thumbnails that just beat around the bush AND THEN don't ever get to the main point!
Total waste of time, I wish YouTube paid more attention to the videos we like and dislike, and maybe even add a super-like function for videos we really enjoyed, so that we'd see more of them.
Rami-slicer
01/13/2020 9:14 am
Level 28 : Expert Electrician
history
  1. pLaYiNg [InSeRt pOpUlAr gAmE HeRe] FoR 10 hOuRs sTrAiGhT! These are just so repetitive, and often fake.
  2. 5 minute crafts and imitators. Why, oh why, oh just why, would you brush your teeth with hot glue?!?!?!?!
  3. Troom troom. Watch as someone becomes convinced that their classmate's glue is actually gum.
  4. "SpOnSoReD By rAiD: sHaDoW LeGeNdS"
  5. climbing a bridge!!! *ALMOST DIED!* *GONE WRONG* *oMg!*
knavereddy
01/13/2020 8:14 am
Level 36 : Artisan Artist
Let's Plays and Stream VODS that aren't numbered in order of time, or numbered at all. Some good examples of youtubers who do this are RTGame, goop squad, Desbug, and etc. With titles like "Ruining [​game]" or "[​game] is a good and polished game," it's honestly hard to find an order to episodes. At least they put them in playlists.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome