Last ever space shuttle launch

crazyazey12's Avatar crazyazey127/4/11 2:56 pm
7/6/2011 12:36 pm
danmatt1996's Avatar danmatt1996
well guys it's going to be the last ever space shuttle launch on Friday afternoon around 2'O'clock...its had a good run but now, it's over
crazyazey12
Level 26 : Expert Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

danmatt1996
07/06/2011 12:36 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
I love being English...we can just use everybody else's space probes and space stations for free...
crazyazey12
07/06/2011 10:53 am
but at the moment 6 or 7 men are stuck in a mock rocket for 18 months as that's how long it will take them, not only to test if they are physically strong enough but mentally as well, because being stuck in a metal box with 6 other guys for 18 months is not the most idyllic thing in the universe
mommaCarole
07/06/2011 12:30 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
they should send hubby/wife teams.

18 months with no sex makes men agressive. or, to be more politically correct, they should send COUPLES up, not necessarily your standard man/woman couple.
Smink
07/06/2011 7:26 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Pegasus
also europe and japan have large space agencies aswell, but america is working on new jet propulsion to get to mars, like ionising engines and/or anti matter fuel, not the current chemical fuel out of nitrogen or something

so you dont really have to worry about any country going to mars itll be atleast 10 years before they start building the rocket to go there not to mention how the astronaughts will be able to survive there (maybe artificial gravity[which is still in development]), but there is a number of things that have to be fully researched before humans are sent to mars,
Excision
07/06/2011 6:14 am
Level 26 : Expert Miner
creeperCarole
Excision
creeperCaroleI think that space will be our best chance for survival, but I wouldn't inflict the human race on other planets until we figure out how to treat the planets we live on.

There are more then one?

ahem. maybe not for YOU.

I IZ CONFUZZELD!
mommaCarole
07/05/2011 4:03 pm
Excision
creeperCaroleI think that space will be our best chance for survival, but I wouldn't inflict the human race on other planets until we figure out how to treat the planets we live on.

There are more then one?

ahem. maybe not for YOU.
Excision
07/05/2011 1:00 pm

There are more then one?
mommaCarole
07/05/2011 12:53 pm
I think that space will be our best chance for survival, but I wouldn't inflict the human race on other planets until we figure out how to treat the planets we live on.
crazyazey12
07/05/2011 11:08 am
no but for someone like myself space intrigues me, it just beckons for us like 'hey look im a huge empty space full of weird and wonderful things...explore me' and the problems on earth will be sorted but only if the governments sit their arse's down and get working
mining_killer
07/05/2011 11:05 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Cake
Why do you all worry European Union has rockets too and they are useless back here on earth today as yours,I mean we have worse things from this,like the economical crisis,after all Russia China and India have rockets too so why do you worry about space?
mining_killer
07/05/2011 11:01 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Cake
Why do you all worry,without wanted to be offensive,about all this space shit things,he have more important problems and they are on earth
Zeranny
07/05/2011 10:51 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
I thought the space thing was going to the private sector because America has to spend the money in other place :/ also Carole has a very good idea there.
Excision
07/05/2011 9:49 am
There WILL be more space launches, but they'll be sponsered by Wal-Mart and McDonalds. Gods help us all.

I now have the picture of a rocket flying into space with a giant yellow M on the side...
mommaCarole
07/04/2011 9:51 pm
well, think about it this way: the space shuttle is OLD tech. Like seriously. Why they HELL did they keep wasting money on them? reusable shuttles to get to and from the International Space Station is an excellent idea, but what REALLY needs to be built, and SOON, is an orbital launch station. The issue with launching from Earth is, of course, that gravity, well, it sucks. There just isn't as much gravity in orbit, and the orbit can be used to accelerate your rockets.

So what's happening is that the American government is contracting out to outside developers/manufacturers, most of whom can do the designing and developing MUCH more cheaply than the government can. Because there's less stupid bureaucracy in the manufacturing world, and the truly intelligent engineers and designers work out THERE (where the money is) rather than for the government.

There WILL be more space launches, but they'll be sponsered by Wal-Mart and McDonalds. Gods help us all.
crazyazey12
07/04/2011 3:39 pm
now, now safety there are little kiddies reading this but seriously it is quite pathetic really, after all NASA technically built america from the inventions and discoveries they have made/ found
Boomer
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
Well the US does have how much in debt that it will likely never be able to pay back?
wmus
07/05/2011 4:08 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
yes but that was bushes fault not obamas , yes he did not help it but bush put us in a 14 trillion dollar debt of which 70 percent is owed to china
crazyazey12
07/04/2011 3:27 pm
but think about it at the rate China, Russia and India are developing they might just beat us, I mean only a few years ago us westerners were looking down on them but now they are as technologically advanced as us.
esoomytefasgone
07/04/2011 3:32 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Guard
Well Obama is a dick for cutting NASA funding. Im not Even American and that pisses me off.
superdude1534
Level 1 : New Modder
TRU DAT OBAMA CAN SUCK MY BALLS I NEVER EVEN VOTED FOR THE SORRY SAP HES NOT EVEN FROM AMERICA FOR CHRIST SAKE.!!!!
crazyazey12
07/04/2011 3:20 pm
yeah but now all the emerging and third world countries like China and India are going to be ahead in the space race, and it may not be an american first on Mars
esoomytefasgone
07/04/2011 3:24 pm
Not really, since the United States and Canada are the only countries with a Space Agency large enough to get to Mars. The MARS missions is already in development and China and Russia are the only other countries that have ever been to space. Seeing as every other country with a space program has only shot up animals and un-manned rockets, im sure we will be fine ^_^
crazyazey12
07/04/2011 3:12 pm
exactly that its the last ever shuttle not rocket just shuttle because the american government couldn't afford it
Boomer
07/04/2011 3:11 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
I means the US won't be using NASA for any space flights anymore after that last flight.
esoomytefasgone
07/04/2011 3:16 pm
nonononononon NASA is still being used, they are going back to the Appolo Rockets for Space Flight.

The US is working with Russia to use their rockets since Russia has a space program. NASA is developing a new shuttle / rocket hybrid for the eventual flight to Mars
Cass
07/04/2011 3:09 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
what cha mean by "last ever"?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome