Just a thought

Darky's Avatar Darky3/10/12 6:43 am
3/10/2012 10:44 am
fadel's Avatar fadel
Has anyone ever noticed that once you become a mod/ admin (rarely) all of a sudden all of your stuff gets diamonds and suddenly gets popular? Just thinking out loud
Darky
Level 36 : Artisan Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

fadel
03/10/2012 10:44 am
Level 20 : Expert Miner
I disagree, because some mods doesn't have alot of diamonds/subscribers etc..
It depends on how active the moderator is.
For e.x Many Moderators are active on forums and chat , that got them alot of subscribers.
Warhawker
03/10/2012 10:32 am
Level 44 : Master Modder
Being staff though sucks. Especially on pmc or minecraft where the majority of players are dumb children. It ruins the game, you can't spend 20 minutes building a house without someone wanting you to see who took a glass pane from their house.
Or solving an issue in the server itself with permissions, then dealing with the consequences of that issue.

Just last night we had a complex issue with log lock, players spawning bedrock. On a server of 30 or so, I'm going to be finding bedrock blocks for weeks. It's also a pain in the ass when EVERYONE defaults to you when there is a problem. Good staff is what makes a server, but it's also very frustrating. I devote my time and my money to run a server, and I often get insulted by mind-raped power hungry kids.

Main point, I feel you fellow staff. You deserve the respect, just don't let it get to your head, remain unbiased.
Nymus
03/10/2012 10:38 am
That's the problem with Minecraft servers.

1: You know you're playing the same game as a bunch of gibbering twats.
2: They think they can get an Ultimate Retribution Super Mega Banhammer Slam on someone who took a piece of coal from them by crying to a mod.
3: They act like the spoilt little brats they are when you say "no, that isn't a good reason to ban someone".
ayylmao345
03/10/2012 10:28 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
seems reasonable
-Rusty
03/10/2012 10:25 am
Level 48 : Master Answer
I have been wondering the same thing for awhile lol, Idk, it just seems like no one ever wants to check out my Skins I work hard on em :'(
Warhawker
03/10/2012 10:24 am
Level 44 : Master Modder
Admin on a server has the same effect. About 30 of the 40 people online BossCraft are usually pmc members. Staff has a second account we use for undercover cheating stings...yea lol it's awesome really. But the amount of sucking ass players do to staff is disgusting. And it's annoying as hell too. "war look at my house" "war come here it's important"

But as the alternate account, it's the complete opposite. And that aside from players expecting op, is one of the most annoying things in minecraft.
There is a serious power struggle in online servers.
ripjay
Level 32 : Artisan Electrician
i just asume they all hate me
Nymus
03/10/2012 10:20 am
It's because people want to suck up to the mods and see if they can get in on some of the power.

All those blogs telling the "story" of a mod, all those people making skins of them, all those projects like "epic bacon fort of <insert mod here>", they are really just uber-suckups.
ripjay
Level 32 : Artisan Electrician
agreed, the only mod im subbed to is zaphod and that's cause his blogs make me laugh,
Animatrix
03/10/2012 7:36 am
Level 25 : Expert Network
Again, the mods deserve insta-subbing for removing spam like the "Herobrine with purple eyes".
FoxOfDoom
03/10/2012 7:49 am
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
Eh.. I only sub to a person when I actually have a reason to sub to them~ Removing content and handling reports isn't really one of those reasons.. Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate what the mods do, and I respect them for having patience for the stuff they do. Basically, what I'm saying is, that you should sub to users, only if you want to, and not just because they're a mod or something.

As for the people who sub to mods, thinking they'll get mod.. Well.. Derps be derping~ And it's perfectly harmless, so I have no problem with those people doing that. Perhaps mods can add onto their personal info that subbing to them will in no way, shape, or form make you a mod/Have a different message come up after subbing to them? xP
Animatrix
03/10/2012 7:53 am
As do I, but a lot of the mods deserve subs for what they make, e.g Rova for his awesome ships, or Antiqua for her beautiful skills. Being a mod doesn't change that.
FoxOfDoom
03/10/2012 7:57 am
Basically what I just said.. xP
Only sub to people you want to~ Being a mod shouldn't effect it at all :3
Animatrix
03/10/2012 8:00 am
Yup. Though on one hand, the mods deserve it instantly.
FoxOfDoom
03/10/2012 8:02 am
Meh~ Everyone has their own opinion, and is entitled to it. I stand by what I said~
jackattack4000
03/10/2012 7:35 am
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
I thought you were going to say something stupid like "All da modrrors suck cause dey delete me oroginal Herobrine with purple eys skin. It tok mr to seconds to do dat" but I agree with what your saying.
tex12347
03/10/2012 7:31 am
Level 37 : Artisan Grump
AnimatrixThe mods on this site are awesome, and deserve subs. But, not just because they're a mod. Some of the mods are the most creative people aon this site (Antiqua, Rova) and others are funny as hell (Zaph, Exci) and some are just good people (Fokk, Lyc). They deserve subs just as much as anyone, they are just more noticed.

Jakie needs to be on that list
Animatrix
03/10/2012 7:30 am
Oh for cyrying out loud...

*insert all of the mods names here*

^^ They all deserve subs for helping the community, keeping the peace, being creative and being just plain awesome.
tex12347
03/10/2012 7:29 am
Animatrix
charzhoopz
AnimatrixThe mods on this site are awesome, and deserve subs. But, not just because they're a mod. Some of the mods are the most creative people aon this site (Antiqua, Rova) and others are funny as hell (Zaph, Exci) and some are just good people (Fokk, Lyc). They deserve subs just as much as anyone, they are just more noticed.

You appear to of forgot someone...

Have I? Oh, yea, Cyprezz himself. He automatically gets a sub for creating this community.

LOL
Lycandar
03/10/2012 7:28 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Mage
halucid
charzhoopz

Indeed.

Studnicky of course :3
halucid
03/10/2012 7:25 am
Level 90 : Overlord Pixel Painter
charzhoopz

Indeed.
Animatrix
03/10/2012 7:25 am
charzhoopz

Have I? Oh, yea, Cyprezz himself. He automatically gets a sub for creating this community.
Charlizard
03/10/2012 7:21 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network

Animatrix
03/10/2012 7:19 am
The mods on this site are awesome, and deserve subs. But, not just because they're a mod. Some of the mods are the most creative people aon this site (Antiqua, Rova) and others are funny as hell (Zaph, Exci) and some are just good people (Fokk, Lyc). They deserve subs just as much as anyone, they are just more noticed.

EDIT: Also, many other mods and users alike are just as awesome. Sub to them!
tex12347
03/10/2012 7:12 am
Wait why would people become a mod if they Sub to one? mods can't makes people mods
melrose123
03/10/2012 7:09 am
Level 35 : Artisan Engineer
Mods = amazing
Knote7
03/10/2012 8:06 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
suck- up....
Animatrix
03/10/2012 8:07 am
Hey, everyone has the right to an opinion.
And the mods are pretty amazing. Without them, this site wouldn't function properly.
Charlizard
03/10/2012 7:07 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Unfortunately, you are right.
I want to know how many people have subbed to me 'cause they like my stuff, not cause I'm a mod.
Darky
03/10/2012 6:51 am
Definetly my point
Darky
03/10/2012 6:50 am
Probably yeah, but yeah so many people suck up these days :b
Excision
03/10/2012 6:48 am
Level 26 : Expert Miner
It's mainly because moderators stick out more and people think if they suck up enough they also can become a mod(Which is not true.)
Cassie
03/10/2012 7:04 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist
Spot on.
PlankGang
03/10/2012 6:47 am
Level 45 : Master Pirate
It's true!
Some people had barely any subs, but when they became a mod, BAM! All their stuff is getting Diamonds and subs and good comments.
It's just so people can get a good influence with them so they can become a mod.
And thus the chain continues.
Darky
03/10/2012 6:46 am
Well yes they deserve it indefinitely because they are all boss people but even stuff you made before gets popular, why not before you became a mod?
Excision
03/10/2012 6:45 am
Level 26 : Expert Miner
It's because mods are more awesome by default.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome