Is Minecraft getting better or worseinsert_chart_outlined

Library-Of-Gurkistan's Avatar Library-Of-Gurkistan6/20/23 2:16 am
5 emeralds 227 8
8/17/2023 2:23 am
Dermugettum's Avatar Dermugettum
I was wondering, do you think that Minecraft is getting better than earlier or is it getting worse? I personally think that it is getting about a tiny bit better.
Library-Of-Gurkistan
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Dermugettum
08/17/2023 2:23 am
Level 22 : Expert Miner
As of 1.20, Mojang's adding stuff that is cool for a short amount of time, so nothing significant like the Nether Update. I think that after the falsely promised features of 1.19 and the chat reporting of 1.19.1, they are keeping new content at a low. Still, that's not stopping Mojang from sneaking crap into each new snapshot.

1) The potion colors were changed, and I had made a forum post about this already. Yeah, the pre-1.20 colors were hard to tell apart with some of the potions, but not all of them. That's why Minecraft items have hovering text! If you can at least see the names of the potions and put them in separate slots, is changing the colors really necessary when they could've just stuck to removing the enchantment glints? I'm getting sick of seeing dumbed-down features like these just because of 1 or 2 players who are six years old.

2) Cured zombie villagers will no longer give high discounts as of 1.20.1. This change doesn't effect me personally cause I never knew about this "glitch" until recently. I could tell that it really pissed off a lot of other players though. Again, 1 or 2 individuals started this mess; this was not a communally requested change. How exactly is this villager glitch a big enough problem that you should demand Mojang to take it away from other people who enjoy it? Mojang may have been the one who decided to stupidly accept this as a bug report, but do these people with bug report accounts always know what they're doing?
LBoomsky
06/20/2023 11:39 am
Level 33 : Artisan uwu
lag
ItzOrangey
06/20/2023 11:33 am
Level 41 : Master Wolf
I'd say better. They keep adding new features.
While not everyone likes them, I personally do, but I respect anyone else's opinion.
V972
06/20/2023 3:42 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
history
TL;dr a bit worse. The mostly dissappoiting / ruined by flaws updates streak continues.

Mojang doesn't focus enough on either game optimization/refinement or new content features, to the detriment of both: the former is next to nonexistant (e.g. inventory problem, lackluster exploration, OP [​and laggy as hell] Villagers), while the latter is half-backed and dissappointing, sometimes because of the former (archeology, armour trims).

To mojang's credit, the optimization in 1.20 seems to have made a leap foward...because they finally implemented what Sodium had all this time. :V

I don't care if they need another half-a-year to polish / implement, in fact, I'd be in favour of that. Maybe then the modding community will finally settle on one version for a while and have time to polish and make fixes and good compat instead of needing to rush to new one, leaving still viable 1.16/1.18 in the dust for a minor 1.19 release with breaking changes, chat reporting and more telementry.
Sadako Kogo
06/20/2023 11:10 am
Level 22 : Expert Artist
They are working on solving some of those problems. The issue is that they have to work in both Java and Bedrock, on all devices.
CowboyNumber4
06/20/2023 2:53 am
Level 24 : Expert Cowboy
depends, as a game about creativity: way worse, as the new stuff always just makes things more complicated than it needs to be. As a game about completionism and combat: better, as there's more stuff to do.
shirocraftyt
06/20/2023 3:09 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
while i like new blocks i agreed that workstation were kinda a complicated to the simple nature of mineraft, other than that still the same as it was in 1.9 or the most hated updates era
Sadako Kogo
06/20/2023 11:11 am
Level 22 : Expert Artist
I like it being complicated.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome