Indoctrination - Forum RP Application

BlackFTW's Avatar BlackFTW5/29/12 10:37 pm
5/31/2012 7:24 pm
Nron's Avatar Nron
A seemingly normal highschool is taken under lockdown "because of a criminal on the streets". The entire school is shut down and into lockdown. A group of teens decided to sneak away from everyone and into the library. When the lights go back on, they try to leave the library, but the doors are locked. The lights suddenly flash back off, and there's screams. Blood splatters onto the glass doors, and a dead body, half eaten, falls against the glass, only slightly visible in the darkness.

They tried the air-ducts, and made it into the main hall, but the doors were locked. They couldn't open them. They were hunted down, and killed. They all died.

-

The souls of past victims sent to the Indoctrination, controlled by a half-machine half-demon being, are reincarnated into the Human Realm. The only link they could get to the Human Realm was through a seemingly normal school. In the furnace room, when it was first built, a blood symbol was "painted" onto the floor. This blood symbol would sent the building and all its contents into the Hell Void, the link between worlds. The spirits are given a materialistic body, and are sent to kill and eat the souls of the humans within the school.

Upon the consumption of nine innocent souls, a Reincarnation would be given a demon body, and thus unleashed back into the Indoctrination for perfection. Then, it'd be sent to the Mortal World to wreck havoc. In a way, McNamara High is a feeding ground for Reincarnations. Only to be used as a harvesting ground. Three months before graduation, the school would be transported, via the blood symbol, into the Hell Void. And when finished, it would be wiped from every mortal mind, and it would replaced a different highschool in the world.

------
Rules:

1.) Please use grammar, punctuation, and proper spelling.
2.) Do NOT be "perfect" or over-powered. Being so will make you be frowned upon as a RPer, and shunned from all existence.
3.) Please try to refrain from posting one-liners. If you're stuck in a conversation with nothing else to do, please at least try to not go "'Well, I'm sad.'", and instead go "'Well, I'm sad' Donald replied as he fiddled with his ivory-red hair hanging in front of his eyes."
4.) Don't go swear-happy. Minor swear-words are fine.
Application Rules: Delete everything in parenthesis. You must use the given format, bold code included. You must be fifteen plus. Having any special powers will result in immediate declining; you are a NORMAL teen.

Application Format:

[b]Name:[/b] (Full name.)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b] (I can't express how much I wished someone would add this into their application, sometimes.)
[b]Physical Appearance:[/b]
[b]Dialogue:[/b] (You don't have to make this long or anything. This is just to ask, "How do you want to RP?")
[b]Backstory:[/b] (Please make it at least a paragraph. Can be in either first or third person, depending on which is easier for you.)
[b]Anything Else?[/b]

Accepters:
BlackFTW.
iHazRabiez. (He helped with this.)
BlackFTW
Level 39 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

iHazRabiez
05/31/2012 6:37 pm
Level 29 : Expert Crafter
Did you ever read my improvised app, Black? ._.
BlackFTW
05/31/2012 6:16 pm
So sorry for my incompetence to post my application, so the only way was to take a screenshot and post it:

Click to reveal
Sorry for my application being so horrible.

Anyways, do you want to thread or nein?
Nron
05/31/2012 7:24 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Artist
Up to you. Thread when you wish. Wouldn't hurt to get a few more people
BlackFTW
05/31/2012 1:31 am
Ugh. Whenever I try posting my application, PMC crashes for me. -.-
Nron
05/31/2012 2:40 am
Have it saved? If you want I can post it for you. That or you can try to post a blank or one word post then use the Edit button to put your application in.
Oooooh_Shiny
05/31/2012 1:04 am
Level 38 : Artisan Toast
sounds like a great storyline for an rp. If i was more of a writer and less of a lazy sack of sh*t i would join. xD Sorry if I let you down but i hope it goes well! I may read it once in a while too. You never know! Good luck everyone who applies!!! -Shiny
BlackFTW
05/31/2012 12:00 am
Urrrggh. Why you make RP top priority, Nron?!
Nron
05/31/2012 12:09 am
I don't. I make applications top priority. No better way than to see what kind of people I'll be bouncing posts off of. :3

Plus these fine gentlemen wish to see your Character as well.

BlackFTW
05/30/2012 11:57 pm
I guess it's good enough. Accepted.
Nron
05/30/2012 11:59 pm
We've shown you ours.

Now show us yours, *pervyface*
ultradoom5
05/30/2012 11:55 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Skinner
[/b]Backstory![/b]
Seve was born into an average family. Not poor not rich. Don't you love how I start all of my apps with that? He was a little bit of a geek from the start, but made a friend who helped him with that. His friend taught him how to use humor often, and be a Yes man, and he took the advice to heart. He always tries to make jokes, no matter what's happening. Ha! You thought I was gonna be lazy and end it right there? Hahaha no! One day, Seve and his family were driving to Colorado to see his grandmother, but something tragic happened. A drunk driver crashed into their car. The angle of the crash crushed his mother on impact, leaving Seve and his father fully intact. Well, mostly intact. A shard of glass flew from the windshield when the car had crashed, and scratched Seve's eyes out. Luckily they were close to a hospital, so were able to at least save his brain from being cut. I guess thats all. I'm lazeh!
ultradoom5
05/30/2012 11:43 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Skinner
Name: Seve Jordan
Weight:Erm. Well, let's see. I'm thinking around 120 lbs
Height: 5'11''
Physical Appearance:Large scar where his eyes were. Black, long greasy hair.
Dialogue: Seve walked through the halls, nearly bumping into a post. It was getting a little hard to navigate with the renovations going in.
Backstory: Soon, young Derp.
Anything Else?Demon highschool? I'll do this with a blindfold on! Literally.
Nron
05/30/2012 10:41 pm
BlackFTW
Nron
ruaidhrimay i get a reason so i can improve

-Snip-

Also, he had a disturbing lack of capitals and commas, and generally grammar.

grammer? wUt s grammr u speek ov?
BlackFTW
05/30/2012 10:38 pm
Nron
ruaidhrimay i get a reason so i can improve

-Snip-

Also, he had a disturbing lack of capitals and commas, and generally grammar.
The_Nerdiness
05/30/2012 7:04 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
may i get a reason so i can improve
Nron
05/30/2012 7:16 pm
If I may?

ruaidhriName: (Full name.) Ruaidhri O'sullivan
Weight: 10 stone
Height: (I can't express how much I wished someone would add this into their application, sometimes.) 6ft 7
Physical Appearance: Hazel brown hair a beany hat mildly over weight he is not popular very nerdy and a social retard he is funny but never gets to show that because he has a maximum of 2 friends.
Dialogue: (You don't have to make this long or anything. This is just to ask, "How do you want to RP?") I want to be a sort of seriouse character that can still have fun also i always want to have an iron sword and a few mundane potions on me.
Backstory: (Please make it at least a paragraph. Can be in either first or third person, depending on which is easier for you.)Over his lifetime Ruaidhri became more and more depressed for being the only person who wants a good future not wanting to end up a grocerie bagger or male prostitute he has grown to enjoy collecting knives and learning how to make certain reactions.
Anything Else?:

Any part I put in Bold needs to be deleted first and foremost.

Dialogue isn't asking you to say how you want your character to act. It wants example dialogue of how your character speaks or how you write. You also added in things about an 'Iron Sword' and 'Mundane Potions', both of which are Minecraft related. The RP isn't for a MC server. Any mention of Minecraft should be left our entirely.

Your Backstory is probably another reason. It's rather nonsensical and seems to have been written in less than a minute. The backstory should give more about your character; Who they are as a person, why they act the way they do, their motivations and aspirations, ect. That sort of thing.

I italicized the weight you put because 'stone' doesn't really translate well.

That's just my take on whats wrong.
iHazRabiez
05/30/2012 6:54 pm
ruaidhriName: (Full name.) Ruaidhri O'sullivan
Height: (I can't express how much I wished someone would add this into their application, sometimes.) 6ft 7
Physical Appearance: Hazel brown hair a beany hat mildly over weight he is not popular very nerdy and a social retard he is funny but never gets to show that because he has a maximum of 2 friends.
Dialogue: (You don't have to make this long or anything. This is just to ask, "How do you want to RP?") ~Snip~
Backstory: (Please make it at least a paragraph. Can be in either first or third person, depending on which is easier for you.) ~Snip~
Anything Else?

No. Just. No. Denied.
The_Nerdiness
05/30/2012 6:35 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
Name: (Full name.) Ruaidhri O'sullivan
Dialogue: (You don't have to make this long or anything. This is just to ask, "How do you want to RP?") I want to be a sort of seriouse character that can still have fun also i always want to have an iron sword and a few mundane potions on me.
Backstory: (Please make it at least a paragraph. Can be in either first or third person, depending on which is easier for you.)Over his lifetime Ruaidhri became more and more depressed for being the only person who wants a good future not wanting to end up a grocerie bagger or male prostitute he has grown to enjoy collecting knives and learning how to make certain reactions.
Anything Else?
Nron
05/30/2012 6:31 pm
BlackFTW@Nron: Yeah, I usually just make the thread when X amount of people join or someone asks me to.

Ah. Makes sense. I normally wait until the Creator posts before jumping in anyways.

BlackFTWAnd I had my character written up, but PMC didn't send it and I didn't save it, so now I have to re-write my entire character. Fun!

Sounds like a time and a Half indeed.
Xistence
05/30/2012 6:11 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Toast
Just a little hint... Black is extremely particular (OCD) so don't screw up
BlackFTW
05/30/2012 6:00 pm
@Nron: Yeah, I usually just make the thread when X amount of people join or someone asks me to.

And I had my character written up, but PMC didn't send it and I didn't save it, so now I have to re-write my entire character. Fun!
iHazRabiez
05/30/2012 1:10 am
Ah ha! Edited the backstory. Still, the creative juices. They are dried up, after our... discussions.
Nron
05/30/2012 12:44 am
BlackFTW
NronName: Sycorax Caliban
On the Job: 31
Weight: Changes on a whimsy, normally 190+
Height: Same as above, though he seems to prefer being at around 6' 6' or up.
Physical Appearance: -Snip-
Dialogue: -snip-
Backstory: -Snip-
Anything Else?-Snip-
Cheers

*Vomits rainbows and puppies*
That has to be one of the best applications I have ever seen, no joke.
Definitely accepted. I'm assuming you're a long-term, experienced RPer?
And no, it doesn't conflict with anything because every part of the story I have thought of is in the main post. I don't have hidden plans, because declining someone because of that would just be unfair.

Heh. Thanks. I enjoy writing (as my recent RP thread rampage probably indicates...)

Good to hear. I'm assuming an separate thread for the actual RP will be made later.
iHazRabiez
05/30/2012 12:43 am
BlackFTWI, personally, don't think that's even much of a backstory. It's mostly explaining what it can do and what it does, not where it came from or whatever. Sorry, but I'd have to say declined.

Eh, I'll edit it. It was rushed. :b
BlackFTW
05/30/2012 12:39 am
NronName: Sycorax Caliban
Dialogue: -snip-
Anything Else?-Snip-
Cheers

*Vomits rainbows and puppies*
That has to be one of the best applications I have ever seen, no joke.
Definitely accepted. I'm assuming you're a long-term, experienced RPer?
And no, it doesn't conflict with anything because every part of the story I have thought of is in the main post. I don't have hidden plans, because declining someone because of that would just be unfair.

iHazRabiezName: "The Vigil", "The Sentinel" (Only known Aliases)
Weight: About 223 pounds. Give or take.
Height: About 6 feet, 11 inches.
Dialogue: -Snip-
Anything Else? In case you didn't know, it helps the demon-things. It's also a machine.

I, personally, don't think that's even much of a backstory. It's mostly explaining what it can do and what it does, not where it came from or whatever. Sorry, but I'd have to say declined.

Also, I guess I'll make my own character soon/now.
Nron
05/30/2012 12:30 am
Name: Sycorax Caliban

Physical Appearance: Human:
Click to reveal

Cambion:
Click to reveal

Dialogue: The group stared at the horns that were protruding from the sides of their quirky teacher's noggin, the stares ranging from confused to surprised to downright amused. Sycorax, for his part, simply stared back at them, his arms crossed and his foot tapping.

"Well," he said, his voice deadpan, "which one of you is going to make a Narnia joke? Because I can assure you I am not as timid as Mr. Tumnus. These horns can do a lot more than just complement my great looks, believe me on that."

Backstory: Professor Sycorax Caliban had been a teacher at McNamara High for longer than anyone could remember. He was a charming, handsome, thirty something year old man who seemed to always be the talk of the majority of his female students. He was well liked by the male student body, if only because he had a tendency to overlook dress code and small student conduct violations as well as joining in on some of the dirtier jokes, though he had a bad tendency to call himself 'handsome' or 'dashing' all too often.

Nobody was quite sure what Professor Caliban taught. The sign on his classroom door read 'Ancient Mythology' but the students in his classes never seemed to learn anything about that subject. Instead the Professor would come in, sit on his desk with a drink in hand, and start to talk about whatever he felt like. Graduates of his class (and EVERY student who attended his classes passed them) said that they had learned things about politics, modern cinematography, and even the effect of mules on United States military operations

And that was probably the reason why Professor Caliban had never been fired. His classes were so randomly interesting that none of his students, regardless of their GPA, wanted to miss even one class. It was truly something astounding to behold.

Another odd thing about the Professor was that nobody who graduated from McNamara High could ever recall what he looked like or exactly how old he was. He was never pictured in any of the school yearbooks or newspaper articles, even when people were certain that he had been in the shot. When asked about it the Professor would simply give a prize winning smile and shrug. And nobody ever questioned that.

What the faculty and students of McNamara High didn't realize was that their quirky yet lovable 'Mythology' teacher was, in fact, not human at all, though he was quite close. You see, Professor Sycorax Caliban was what is known as a 'Cambion', the offspring of an Incubus and a human female. One would normally think that this would make Sycorax invincible or capable of throwing around fireballs like some sort of comic book hero. This was not the case.

While Sycorax did inherit a few traits from his demon spawn father (Immortality, minor shape shifting, somewhat enhanced physical capabilities, and weak mind altering powers) Sycorax was, for the most part, entirely human. He could be injured as easily as anyone else, though it would take marginally more than usual to kill him (Immortal doesn't mean the same thing as unkillable. Staying handsome forever doesn't do you any good against a speeding car or a bullet.)

Now the question you're probably asking right now is 'Why in the nine hells would a half-demon be teaching at a public high school? The answer was simple: It was relaxing, it was easy, and, most importantly, it was safe. Sycorax had been alive for a long time, having witnessed (and in some cases involuntarily fought in) various wars and conflicts, each leaving him more and more shaken at the prospect of dying.

When he had heard that McNamara High was hiring a new teacher nearly 20 years ago he could have sworn he had died and gone to heaven (though he would probably like to revoke the first part of that saying). The job was easy enough and after about a year of reading out of a boring textbook, Sycorax had decided that if humans could put things in books to read to students, he could do the same thing without the books or any of the boring subjects.

Eternal life was good. He could work a few hours a day and never assign any work that he would eventually need to grade or check and then he could retreat to his home where he would spend the rest of the day doing nothing but enjoying himself and fooling around. Which is why the events that were about to unfurl at McNamara High would end up shattering both Sycorax's peaceful life and his charade as a quirky teacher.

For while Sycorax was half-demon, he was still very much half-human. He may have only had half a soul but it was a soul none the less.

Anything Else? Sycorax, once his charade is over with, has a bad habit of talking about the past and the various people he had met over the time he was alive as well as the things he had supposedly done that had major impacts on history.

While he has shape shifting abilities, they are extremely limited, allowing him to only change his height, weight and physical appearance slightly. He may not shift into anything non-human or that is not male. Shifting his form in no way increases or decreases his physical abilities.

I'm not sure if this character would conflict with any part of the story you have planned but if It does let me know and I'll either edit it accordingly or start a new one.

Cheers
iHazRabiez
05/30/2012 12:20 am
Name: "The Vigil", "The Sentinel" (Only known Aliases)
Weight: About 223 pounds. Give or take.
Height: About 6 feet, 11 inches.
Physical Appearance:
Click to reveal

Dialogue: The machine crawled from the "portal". It let out a growl. It crawled onto the wall, and looked for a vent. It found the target, and crawled in. It was able to fit into most tight spaces. It began to look for prey.
Backstory: "The Vigil", or "The Sentinel", is an ancient machine. It was captured, and hacked during its "cycle". It was inactive when it was hacked. But this allowed a virus to be uploaded; a virus that turned it into a drone for the "leader". Instead of its original logic of: "4 is greater than 2." Its logic became: "2 is greater than 1." It is still correct, but in a different way. Ever since "The Sentinel" was "changed", it has helped in many assaults. It has a deep hatred for most organics, and is obsessed with the false truth that they corrupted it. "The Sentinel", remembers being created. It remembers the creators. It remembers their deaths. It remembers the logs. Everything, except the truth of the logic change.
Before the things came, and corrupted the unit, it was an experimental unit. Who created it, remains a mystery to many organics. But, one thing is obvious, it was designed for reconnaissance, and sabotage.It stood by its creator, until the organic's dying breath. It was transported between many units after that. It was upgraded with many experimental units. Even an experimental emotion core. Which, failed, in the end.
A few other units similar to it were designed. It felt superior, but also it felt obliged to teach them. They were inseperable. Literally. They traded programs. It seemed to be effective, their combat skills improved rapidly. But soon, they developed sentience. Exactly how, remained a mystery to the organics who created it.
But, the truth lies deeper. The sentience was due to intervention by the "things". It was one of the first stages of their plan. A good plan. It ultimately succeeded in the end. The organic creators killed the newer units, believing they were the problem. And when the things came, they gained the synthetics trust. And it quickly allied itself with them, after given the oppurtunity. It disappeared with the things, after it was finished.
It is a sabouteur, and does not usually make its presence known. It hardly uses the floor, instead, climbing on walls and ceilings for added stealth. Sometimes it will hide in the corners, and leap out. It is made of a springy-synthetic "tissue", that acts like organic muscle, which allows it to jump/leap great distances. Its only "weapon" is a weak laser that fires from its optical "eye". Other than that, it uses its body in many ways. It has the ability to jam radios, and render some electronics useless when in their proximity. It hides in tight spots, and dark corridors. Sometimes even crawling on the roof, and dropping behind unsuspecting victims.
Anything Else? In case you didn't know, it helps the demon-things. It's also a machine.
BlackFTW
05/29/2012 11:38 pm
HeavenmummyName: P.K. Ladrido
Weight:121 lbs
Height: (I can't express how much I wished someone would add this into their application, sometimes.)Six foot, Eight Inches
Physical Appearance: Blonde Kid With a laptop bag.
Dialogue: (You don't have to make this long or anything. This is just to ask, "How do you want to RP?") I want to be very serious about this Rp, sounds fun.
Anything Else?

Please re-read the rules. You also did the "Dialogue" part wrong.
DAMN IT, RABIEZ.
iHazRabiez
05/29/2012 11:37 pm
HeavenmummyName: P.K. Ladrido
Height: (I can't express how much I wished someone would add this into their application, sometimes.)Six foot, Eight Inches
Dialogue: (You don't have to make this long or anything. This is just to ask, "How do you want to RP?") I want to be very serious about this Rp, sounds fun.
Backstory: ~Snip~
Anything Else?

Hahaha. Nope. Denied. Didn't read teh rules.
Heavenmummy
05/29/2012 11:33 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
BTW: Hit me up on steam: Name: yayboy33
Heavenmummy
05/29/2012 11:32 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Name: P.K. Ladrido
Backstory: (Please make it at least a paragraph. Can be in either first or third person, depending on which is easier for you.)P.K. was an intelligent child all his life, in school he always got many A's but every now or then a B. He loved to help smaller kids. He always dreamed of being a teacher, So he got his masters degree in college and he started his teaching career, his first job was at a High school in a somewhat seemingly nice neighborhood. He took his first step in his teaching career, but he didnt know what he got into after he heard about the criminal in the streets when the school went on lock-down.
Anything Else?
Nron
05/29/2012 11:00 pm
BlackFTWYou SHOULD be applying for normal humans. If your application is amazingly amazing enough, I might let you be something else.

You don't have to be a student. You can be a teacher if you want.

BlackFTW
05/29/2012 10:50 pm
You SHOULD be applying for normal humans. If your application is amazingly amazing enough, I might let you be something else.

You don't have to be a student. You can be a teacher if you want.
Nron
05/29/2012 10:47 pm
Curious Questions:

1. What role will applicants be applying for exactly? The souls of the deceased? Or regular teens inside this school?

2. Do applicants have to be students of the school (if the latter part of my earlier question is accurate) or can they apply to be teachers or faculty?
mdaddy14100
05/29/2012 10:41 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
... This. Is. AWERSURM!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome