I would like some advice

JoeEnderman's Avatar JoeEnderman11/4/21 1:04 am
11/4/2021 2:25 am
Pleasenotme's Avatar Pleasenotme
So, basically, I have been playing around with texturing. Mostly axolotls because I don't really like the blue, cyan or wild variants, but what do you all think? What should I do with my new found skill? Keep trying to perfect Axolotls? Or try parrots? Make new block textures? I would love to make a diorite into limestone pack, but I am bad at stone palettes. At least I kind of know how to make a bedrock edition texture pack. Also, does anyone know how to edit sound files? Where are sound files kept in minecraft java?
JoeEnderman
Level 52 : Grandmaster Creeper Hugger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Pleasenotme
11/04/2021 2:25 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Nerd
Accessing sound files in Java isn't as straightforward as texture files, because they aren't stored in the version.jar.

They're stored in the assets folder in .minecraft, but they're filenames are hashes (basically code-names) so you need to check an index to find out what the sound file is called.

This thing helps:
https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Tutorials/Sound_directory

Note that if you want to make a resource pack editing sound files, you'll need to use sound files with the .ogg filename extension (so you can't just record an mp3 and use that, you'll need to use a program to convert it, which thankfully there are several free ones)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome