How do I wash berries? (Legit question, need quick help.)

Jedi's Avatar Jedi3/13/15 6:54 pm
3/14/2015 9:12 am
Karrfis's Avatar Karrfis
So I've googled how to wash berries, and I can't seem to get a straight answer.

I have a small container of raspberries, and a small container of blackberrries.

so um, tnx in advance.
Jedi
Level 29 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Karrfis
03/14/2015 9:12 am
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
Azie
karrthus1

random blackberry bushes in hedgerows are the best

My dad had grapes that grew in the chain link fence between him and his neighbor. The neighbor's sewage backed up and burst, so there was raw sewage all over his back yard until he got it fixed. Our grapes were very effectively contaminated with sewage after that.

So now I wholeheartedly encourage people not to eat from random berry bushes because you might be munching on sewage berries.

obviously you would know if there was sewage n the hedgerow, it would smell

Berry's from hedgerows are normally ok to eat, the only ones you dont go for are ones near roads, or ones low down, the ones nears/next to roads will taste of car exhaust fumes and low down ones are the right height for dogs to go toilet on,

I only go for hedgerow berries because f the family i have been bought up in, If they are contaminated its easy to see and smell
Azie
03/14/2015 1:28 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
karrthus1

My dad had grapes that grew in the chain link fence between him and his neighbor. The neighbor's sewage backed up and burst, so there was raw sewage all over his back yard until he got it fixed. Our grapes were very effectively contaminated with sewage after that.

So now I wholeheartedly encourage people not to eat from random berry bushes because you might be munching on sewage betries.
alan
03/14/2015 12:05 am
Level 34 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
karrthus1

lol
Karrfis
03/13/2015 11:36 pm
Official-jedimartin
karrthus1all i do with em is rinse em under the tap they all grow in my garden so i know whats on em

if all else fails boil them all up and stick em in a pie, that will kill of germs, bacteria, pesticides etc

I get organic berries!

xpCube
03/13/2015 11:34 pm
Level 26 : Expert Hunter
Rinse 'em under a tap. ಠ_ಠ BUT carefully as they might break.
Jedi
03/13/2015 11:29 pm
karrthus1all i do with em is rinse em under the tap :P they all grow in my garden so i know whats on em

if all else fails boil them all up and stick em in a pie, that will kill of germs, bacteria, pesticides etc

I get organic berries! :D
The_Big_Dish
03/13/2015 11:18 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
I just put them in a bowl, fill it with water, put my hand on the side with a small gap so the water can flow out and tilt the bowl to the side. That is the lazy way.
Karrfis
03/13/2015 10:41 pm
all i do with em is rinse em under the tap they all grow in my garden so i know whats on em

OfficiallBlox
03/13/2015 8:36 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
There's this wonderful new invention called Google..
xpCube
03/13/2015 11:37 pm
Level 26 : Expert Hunter
ಠ_ಠ Hmm?
NathanLithia
03/13/2015 11:58 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Network
ಠ_ಠ
Jedi
03/13/2015 7:21 pm
thanks for the help, the berries are delicious!
KawaiiNekoDono
03/13/2015 7:01 pm
Level 23 : Expert Toast
Well, do you have a strainer/colander? You know, one of those bowls with tiny holes in them? You just need to put the berries in the strainer/colander then fill it up with water. The strainer/colander will drain the water out of the bottom. Don't rinse them under a tap, or it could crush them.

If all else fails, fill a bowl up with water, plop them in, then take them out and pour the water out.

Idk if I should take this serious or not, but here.
Azie
03/13/2015 6:59 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Put them in a strainer/collander and run cold/luke warm water over them and shake the collander/strainer to shuffle the berries and make sure they've been rinsed all over.
IceCream_Sundae
03/13/2015 10:03 pm
Level 26 : Expert Grump
Did you know "luke" was an Old English word for "warm", so our saying of "luke warm" using the Old English sense of the word "luke" means "warm warm"?

But anyway, follow Azie's instructions: strainer, luke warm water. A small bowl filled with water is better, in my opinion, for raspberries as those things are damned delicate things. If you choose to fill a small bowl with water, just gently push the raspberries around. (I then, using my hand, hold in the raspberries while I pour out the water)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome