My family is a bit tight on money now...

ColbaltHD's Avatar ColbaltHD6/2/14 10:25 pm
6/3/2014 2:57 am
rotarydial's Avatar rotarydial
Title says it all. I'm 14 starting a job at a hardware store in June and I was just wondering what I can do to help my parents through this time.

NOTE: We are not poor, middle class actually. The bills and food are not a problem but my dad has said that "your mother and I are trying to save some money".
ColbaltHD
Level 39 : Artisan Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

rotarydial
06/03/2014 2:57 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Lad
I'd say save up for an apartment + college bills, if your parents can afford to still pay for food and a home then give them a little extra money when they need it, but mostly save up so you can pay off your college loans in the future. I'm only twelve, but I've started saving up already ^.^
bobbiecraftstoday123
06/03/2014 12:07 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
#ThanksObama
Kovos_Datch
06/02/2014 11:53 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
You have my respect, sir. I suggest that you either give the money to your parents, or ask them to open a savings account with you at a bank. Then, you and your parents could save money up that way for your future. You could use said money to help with college or another job or what-have-you.

Being a college student myself, I can tell you that college is very expensive and that you should save up early if you want to make it out with money to pay off debts.
Mikeroboblox
06/02/2014 11:43 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
If you have siblings, instead of your parents buying games etc for you to share, buy the games yourself. Today I bought Mario Kart 8 for everyone to play, this saves actually an okay amount depending on how often you do it, mario kart was $70! Or if your siblings want something instead of your parents buying it buy it for them, this was you get games and stuff to play but your family can enjoy and parents do not need to use the $70 to get it!
xmx1024
06/02/2014 10:48 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
What state do you live in? Usually labor laws would prohibit this but I could be wrong in your state
ColbaltHD
06/02/2014 11:01 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Nerd
New York. And guys, btw I did not get a job to support my family I got a job for myself. This happened after I applied but like should I give all the money towards my family? Should I give a percentage? And remember it's not life or death here. If I get a job I can just support them or save up a little cushion as back up money. Idk
Killertoad
06/02/2014 11:38 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
I'd use it as it's your own money, till they may need it. You never know, maybe they won't need it, maybe our economy will boost up soon, then you'll be ahead
bobbanana09
06/02/2014 10:41 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Pokemon
Wow.. Go you! Honestly never thought I would see a 14 year old get a job for his family. Shows how great of a person you are.

Best of luck to you!! The world needs more people like you!!
experttacobear
06/02/2014 10:38 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
If you are really looking to save money. Cutting cellular costs and wifi costs helps a lot.
If you don't want to go to that extreme, mowing lawns helps too. (if you have spare time off of your job). I wish you luck.
Butterblender
06/02/2014 10:36 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Explorer
Money sucks sometimes
Vzroh
06/02/2014 10:35 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Big heart, big head on small shoulders, whatever. You're thinking about other peoples problems over yourself at 14 years of age. I really hope yourself and your family gets through tough times, I'm sure everyone gets to that point at some stage of their lives, it's very common. I've experienced money issues myself and come through it, I was very close to losing everything. Best of luck and wishes to yourself and your family!
byBrutec
06/02/2014 10:31 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Crafter
you've probably a big heart ... you will know what to do for you family !

Golden Heart
DaddyJay_
06/02/2014 10:29 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Skinner
I'd personaly give your parents the money once they have enough for the bills i'd save up for stuff Im only twelve though xD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome