Dire Conditions --- Forum RP Application Thread

BlackFTW's Avatar BlackFTW5/18/12 5:12 pm
1 emeralds 126 3
5/18/2012 5:29 pm
GinKurama's Avatar GinKurama
Just before everything else, THIS IS NOT A SERVER RP. IF YOU THINK SO, I WILL STAB YOU. P.S., Pokemon forced me to post this right now. I was originally planning on waiting a while until I post it.

A LINK TO A THREAD WILL GO HERE WHEN I MAKE IT:

A light hung below by a string,
Tampered to the point of a king,
Mostly a tear with love,
A silent above,
Take off the mask and sing all day.

Sadly, you take off your hood. It feels... weird to stand outside with your hood down. To be open to the fresh, nice... air. Air? Oxygen? Fresh? Wind? It's all so... new to you. It feels... nice to finally be yourself without the pressures of life being in your pack the entire time. It's nice to finally feel the wind on your fur.

You crumple the paper in your hand; "who wrote it?" courses through your mind like blood through your veins. You feel a shiver through your marrow. A sudden though: "What if I'm not the only one? What if I'm not cursed, poisoned, dieing from this?". Slowly, you scamper back into your apartment, closing the door to the balcony behind you. You rush down to the door, and leave. You descend the stairs. You leave the building.

With your hood back on and hands in your pocket, you rush down the old street, which luckily, no one ever comes by, mostly. You head... somewhere. But where?

---- ---- ----

Well, a very vague backstory with a fail-limerick? I'm guessing you're going "What the ****, Black? What is this, I don't even--!" I shall explain.

If you choose to be so, you're a person, yes. A normal, human. (Gasp, no mystical races?!) However, that's not everything. Sure, you're human. But not truly. Some humans have a certain... trait. It's passed through family blood, passed through generations. Some humans are half-animal. No, they're not all were-somethings. They have the ability to change between being an animal and human. Sure, sounds epic! Cool, we can all be wolves and hunt down hunters! The irony!

No. Young humans with this "condition" often fail at it, and end up getting stuck half-way through transformation. Sometimes, it's permanent. Sometimes, it isn't. Another problem is that some just randomly turn into their "true" form at any given time. Sometimes it's completely random, sometimes it's based upon that you're too nervous. Otherwise, some people just suddenly find a cat in the place of their best friend.

Now, there IS a plot. "One day, you wake up. It's like any other morning, except you find a note in your pocket. There's a neat little poem-type thing on it. You read it. Re-read it. Is it about you? Meant for you? Either way, you work out what it means and you decide that day. 'I'm going to find more like me!', you think to yourself. You stand up, and run into the street. As you walk down the street, you notice some men in strange clothing following you. In a rush, you outrun them. Little to your knowledge... they were agents of the government. Hunting you down. Hunting down everyone like you. What they do to people in where they take them, no one on the outside knows."

If you don't want to be one of them, you're just literally a normal human. Unless you want to be part of the government, hunting them down. Of course, the "conditioned" humans can join the government, too. And betray their own kin.

Rules of the RP

1.) Most of all, do NOT Godmod, Metagame, or any of that.
2.) Make sure your character isn't perfect or OP. No, your character can't shoot lasers from his nose.
3.) You only have three chances apply for a character. Fail three times, and I'll shoot you with a robot's nose lazar.
4.) Follow the basic Forum rules.
5.) This seems to be a newer issue, or it was: It doesn't quite matter if you use third of first person in this RP. Third IS preferred, but first is okay if you feel that it's easier for you. If anyone starts flaming if someone uses first, you will be banished to Pundanar's cave.
6.) Nothing much else, but one thing is that TRY TO BE ORIGINAL. We don't want a billion Canadian chipmunks running around everywhere, now do we?
Sub-6.) That also means you CAN'T use an unoriginal character, I.E. "BlackStar", or "Chuck Norris".

Application Format

Delete all of the (notes) or you will be declined.

"Conditioned" Humans:
[b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Animal Species:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Pictures are funtastic...)
[b]Dialogue:[/b] (Just to see how you RP, since I'm giving you two options here. You don't have to make it long, just a sentence or two.)
[b]Backstory:[/b] (Make it at least TWO paragraphs.)
[b]Family:[/b]
[b]Anything Else?[/b]

"Normal" Humans:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Pictures are nice.)
[b]Dialogue:[/b] (Just to see how you RP, since I'm giving you two options here. You don't have to make it long, just a sentence or two.)
[b]Backstory:[/b] (Please, make it at least a paragraph. The more the merrier.)
[b]Occupation:[/b] (This is optional.)
[b]Anything Else?[/b]

Accepted:

Acceptors:
BlackFTW.
Pokemonboy100
BlackFTW
Level 39 : Artisan Miner