[POLL] Did we REALLY land on the moon?

ELITExKILLER's Avatar ELITExKILLER3/27/13 3:43 pm
3/27/2013 6:47 pm
sed11's Avatar sed11
Do you think we really landed on the moon? There is a lot of information to back up that we did not. However, there is a lot of information that we DID. I don't know if we did or not.. It's a strange thing to think about.

What are you guys's ideas?
ELITExKILLER
Level 26 : Expert Spleefer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

sed11
03/27/2013 6:47 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
Yes, America did. I don't see how it's hard to understand. Yes, the moon has gravity. Everything has at least a bit of gravity. Gravity keeps things from flying away, and inertia tries to make those things fly away, according to Science. The reason why astronauts don't fly away from the moon is because of gravity.

The Flag waving probably came from the force of the astronauts trying to stick it into the ground. Also, their suits keep them protected from heat and cold, plus the Sun's radiation.

This is a fact, not opinion. Opinions are what you think about things with words that are adjectives.(Sometimes, at least) Facts are what happened in the real world. You can have opinions about facts, but they're still some-what of a fact. Not an exact fact, but still fact.

Who really cares, though? I went ahead and put yes, because I'm sure America did, but still. It's also obvious that the people that don't believe it happened will only believe it happened if they go to the moon themselves and find the flag, which will only happen if they become astronauts.

-my thoughts-
Azie
03/27/2013 6:25 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Locked for impending flame war. People are calling each other names in here and shouting in all caps. I think it's time to stop now if we can't all be mature about a topic like this.
Chron
03/27/2013 6:19 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Sigh... Look, we landed on the moon. Why did we build multiple spacecraft and make multiple trips if we could've spent a few million less dollars and filmed it in Hollywood? Why did the astronauts train so long and hard? Why did they develop so much technology? Because we wanted to actually land on the moon. Russia (Or, back then, the Soviet Union) would've found out a long time ago that we were lying. Did they say anything? I don't think so.

And... not so sure why we have to get so heated and insult everyone over this...

I think the poll pretty well explains it.
Dohvakiin
03/27/2013 6:13 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
@DaedricSheep, can you please not "Quadruple" post? Thanks Also, I've said this before, anyone can believe anything they want, no matter how far-fetched it may seem in your eyes.
DaedricSheep
03/27/2013 6:22 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
Fine, i was a little worked up (phisicly and mentally sick right now :/ ) and i appologize for getting over exited, but what's wrong with posting, i was scrolling and as i saw a wrong statement i corrected it. THAT sir, is fact
callofduty706
03/27/2013 5:46 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
I think they did. I watched a video on discovery channel.
DaedricSheep
03/27/2013 6:04 pm
if you're into discovery channel, watch Mythbusters, they're halarious as well as REAL F[rea]KING SCIENTISTS
terreen
03/27/2013 5:27 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Skinner
Besides, how do we know if the governement (or high end companies affiliated with the governement) is telling the truth? about the laser?
Zorbloxian
03/27/2013 5:46 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
...Please rethink your statement realistically...
terreen
03/27/2013 5:26 pm
Iancarrol I think you are starting to be known as a person who likes to show off... we are here (most of us) just to discuss opinions
Ree_
03/27/2013 5:21 pm
Level 45 : Master Nerd
IF YOU THINK WE DIDNT LAND ON THE MOON YOU ARE STUPID
iancarroll
03/27/2013 5:18 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
BTW, the moon never has a constant dark side. The poster was saying it's not fixed.
redstone1207
03/27/2013 5:23 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Artist
In fact it does, there is a section of the moons surface that always faces away from earth. the light side does become dark at some times, but the dark side is always dark. to recap: There is a constant dark side, there is NOT a constant light side. I tried not to use so many big words.
iancarroll
03/27/2013 5:25 pm
-.- Your simple definition counters itself. How can half of the moon become dark at some time but the dark side not move at all? It's like half are twisting.... anyways:

A very small part of the moon is always dark, but the moon SPINS. It rotates.
redstone1207
03/27/2013 5:29 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Artist
It rotates the oppisite way it spins, and you forget the earth spins as well. The way the moon spins along with the earth it keeps the "darkside" facing away from earth.
http://rtjobe.wordpress.com/2013/01/27/ ... -the-moon/
this visual should help you understand how the universe around you works.
DeleteThisPleaseThan
03/27/2013 5:17 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Wolf Whisperer
Be Canadian. get drunk. who cares. end of story.
Igorgames
03/27/2013 5:15 pm
Level 46 : Master Artist
terreen
03/27/2013 5:14 pm
I don't know what to believe really.... I say no..... Why? Because many arguments have been made and because it just seems so impossible. But, I don't know about you guys... JUST MY OPINION. Also.... what if, just what if.... area 51 was a movie studio where they made the videos of them in space..... O_O
iancarroll
I propose this topic be closed due to possible intent of the OP to create a flame war.
huddy987
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
-_- of course they did -_-
Phrontier
03/27/2013 5:11 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
Well, if you don't believe it for yourself, Neil Armstrong left a mirror array on the moon. Observatories are able to ping lasers off this mirror and receive them back. If that's not enough proof I don't know what else is.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2004/21jul_llr/
yogscast-lover
03/27/2013 5:10 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
Also, i went to the Science and Technology Centre in Chicago, they have a moon rock! And space food! And the Mercury (i forget which number) space capsule!
iancarroll
03/27/2013 5:11 pm
Just saying, space food isn't actual food they would eat, it's just dried up crap.
yogscast-lover
03/27/2013 5:13 pm
Well yes, but not the crappy food sold in the gift shops, it's the actual stuff that they had leftover, or something like that.
Phrontier
03/27/2013 5:13 pm
Yes it is. They add water to it. Otherwise all their food would be spoiled by the time they reached the moon.
iancarroll
03/27/2013 5:10 pm
I live on the Moon and I can tell you that at no time have I ever been visited by people from the planet earth. If they do ever get to visit I would love a Big Mac or some of the amazing Cola your planet is renowned for.
DasDuriel
03/27/2013 5:00 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pegasus

for all you guys who say the flag is fake because its waving
... this is a pic from apollo 17 and you can clearly see whats happening to the flag
TheOnlyRealTGS
03/27/2013 4:40 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Engineer
[yt]MIy8ZqqK5G8[/yt]
ChrisL
03/27/2013 4:38 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Artist
These threads make me lose faith in humanity and the public school system. Facts are not debatable. Also, as someone else pointed out, Mythbusters debunked the flag waving myth. Reading this thread is less healthy for your brain than repeatedly bashing your head against a brick wall.
terreen
03/27/2013 5:22 pm
No.... no it's not.... Besides, who knows if the government is telling the truth to anyone? No one can say for sure.. can they?
DaedricSheep
03/27/2013 6:10 pm
If you don't trust the government, SPRINKLES.
iancarroll
03/27/2013 5:23 pm
Your point is true, but stupid. How do I know you are actually user terreen? How do I know someone didn't hack your account? Actually, they can. Shine a fucking laser at the moon.
ghostyboy5
03/27/2013 4:36 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Nerd
This is making me laugh so hard. Face the facts people, some people say we landed, some say we didn't. People won't stop arguing unless they personally go to the moon themselves. Just end this conversation before some serious razing begins.
tmplumber
03/27/2013 4:33 pm
Level 26 : Expert Geek

Look At The Flag...
projectgami
03/27/2013 4:31 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Artist
I only have two questions to this. Space is vakuum. Anything that is in vakuum will try filling it. Why dont astronauts explode then? And what if there is actually air in Space but the government tells us there isnt so we dont go to space?
NexusProxima
03/27/2013 4:56 pm
Level 43 : Master Procrastinator
Acually space is not a perfect vacuum, there are dust partials everywhere (shooting stars?), radiation, and many molecules, and elements.
Phrontier
03/27/2013 5:04 pm
Er, but if you look at the ratio of particles to space, you'll realize it's definitely a vacuum. Astronauts and the space shuttle don't explode because of the shuttle and the astronauts suits are pressurized. This means that the air inside the suit is at a comfortable pressure and the suit keeps the air from escaping into the vacuum. There is no air in space. SpaceX, a private, non-government space company, has space ships of there own. As well as many other different governments around the world. If there was air in space, someone would have caught on by now.
NexusProxima
03/27/2013 5:07 pm
Level 43 : Master Procrastinator
Finally! someone said it!
By the way I love your avatar!
So excited for Destiny!
_DioM_
03/27/2013 4:30 pm
Level 29 : Expert Scribe
ELITExKILLERDo you think we really landed on the moon? There is a lot of information to back up that we did not. However, there is a lot of information that we DID. I don't know if we did or not.. It's a strange thing to think about.

What are you guys's ideas?

There are also a lot of easy ways to disprove the information.
Destian_
03/27/2013 4:30 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Modder
are you guys kidding me? this site is about minecraft not about conspiracy theories
Dohvakiin
03/27/2013 4:31 pm
Well, this is in the "General Discussion" place soo.....post away
Dohvakiin
03/27/2013 4:22 pm
Side: We didn't land.

Many conspiracy theories have been put forward. They either claim that the landings did not happen and that NASA employees (and sometimes others) have lied; or that the landings did happen but not in the way that has been told. Conspiracists have focused on perceived gaps or inconsistencies in the historical record of the missions. The foremost idea is that the whole manned landing program was a hoax from start to end. Some claim that the technology to send men to the Moon was lacking or that the Van Allen radiation belts, solar flares, solar wind, coronal mass ejections and cosmic rays made such a trip impossible.

Side: We did land

The astronaut was setting up the flag, and shaking the pole that it was attached to. A flag DOES wave in a vacuum.

Traveling at around 25,000 mph, the astronauts would have
made it through the radiation in about an hour, receiving 1/25 of the radiation
that is considered dangerous by the government.

Also, no blast crater? reality, there should NOT be a blast crater. The LM descent engine was made to slow the craft down, and not blast off. Since it only generated 1050 pounds of thrust (not 10,000 lbs like FOX said), and the gravity on the Moon is less, and the engines were shut off BEFORE impact, there can't be a blast crater.

Sufficient evidence for both sides.
Jimmymork
03/27/2013 4:20 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Ninja
The Moon HAS gravity, just much less than earth's. The flag WAS moving because there is also some space wind. Nothing Else to discuss, men have landed to the moon. Duh.
Waterdust
03/27/2013 4:17 pm
Level 23 : Expert Architect
http://mythbustersresults.com/nasa-moon-landing

This is all the proof you'll ever need.
OneByteofMight
03/27/2013 4:16 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
If people don't believe it, they are retarded, we have full recordings of us landing on the moon, placing our flag on the moon. The thing about the flag waving in the wind isn't impossible. I have taken studies, and the studies show that the Moon, in fact, does have an atmosphere. Do you think the Earth is the only planet with wind? You need to research this stuff kids! In the 50's it was hard to comprehend, now it should be sitting in the back of your heads!
ELITExKILLER
03/27/2013 4:20 pm
Level 26 : Expert Spleefer
Yeah but.... The landing.. Visual effects for the fire? Cables to lower the "landing craft?"
Harctona
03/27/2013 4:15 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cake
Also people would want to go back because the earth is running out of room and the moon is the closest place, so go people would want to go back to see if its possible to become habitable!
PURE0WNAGE
03/27/2013 4:14 pm
im done here we the United States of America have landed on earth's moon
Ask N.A.S.A if your still not satisfied
Dohvakiin
03/27/2013 4:13 pm

It's a joke
peonftw
03/27/2013 4:11 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Engineer