We can do better...

Pasidon's Avatar Pasidon11/5/11 10:20 pm
1 emeralds 121 2
11/5/2011 11:22 pm
Pasidon's Avatar Pasidon
Oh, hi.

I'm new to Planet Minecraft and all, and I've been doing some skimming and exploration around; mostly with texture packs. I've got to say, I have to speak up about the overwhelming amount of sad I have. There are some amazing and great works in the texture department, but there is also just... not good work. Not just some, a lot. So much, it caused this topic to happen. I'm not trying to be obnoxious or whatnot, but I think we can do better around here. I've seen:

-Texture packs done in paint that couldn't have taken more than 2 minutes to make.
-Packs that just changed the default texture color brightness and called it a day.
-One texture done (and one with even no textures done that I've seen).
-A strange amount of... nude art.
-Packs pasted over with pictures from Google Images, and not done well 99% of the time.
-Scribbling (just... random lines on textures).
-Ones with just pictures of irrelevant things posted on their wall and nothing else.
-So much poor grammar in titles and within the packs.
-Zelda & Mario packs ( far, far too many). Just try for originality.
-Many strange things that couldn't have possibly of been planned out well in someone's mind.

And just so much more I was tired of seeing. I understand unfinished packs... but most of what I'm talking about deal with 100% completed packs. I just want to say, if you have made or are planning on making texture packs in the future, save your time or take your time. Of coarse you aren't going to get praise if you post a picture of a cat and did two blocks. I just want to see more packs I can enjoy rather than sigh about, and this is really the only way I can help. So yes... we can do better if we think before we upload.
Pasidon
Level 33 : Artisan Architect