Are you smart enough to answer this question?

Jedi's Avatar Jedi12/9/15 7:46 pm
1 emeralds 469 9
1/6/2016 2:26 pm
tomtheblob's Avatar tomtheblob
So this is a problem I recently had to work for a project I'm making, took me a while to wrap my head around it.

So basically, how do you convert RPM(rounds per minute), into delay between shots? Delay measured in seconds.

EDIT: Apparently I calculated it wrong in the first place, even I don't know the answer.
Jedi
Level 29 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

MrCatSquid
01/06/2016 1:54 pm
Level 21 : Expert Fish
What about game lag? What about de-quipping your gun on accident? What about using a special power up?
Jedi
12/09/2015 8:25 pm
Jedi
CaptainMurica
Jedi
This calculation takes place in a game. Where guns are flawless, the bullets don't chamber, and the gun just shoots little lasers.

If a "shot" is instantaneous, then delay between shots would be 1 divided by the RPM (in minutes).

Sounds bout right.

In my case it turns out to have been 60 divided by RPM = delay in seconds, but thanks for helping with the formula!
Jedi
12/09/2015 8:02 pm
CaptainMurica
Jedi
This calculation takes place in a game. Where guns are flawless, the bullets don't chamber, and the gun just shoots little lasers.

If a "shot" is instantaneous, then delay between shots would be 1 divided by the RPM (in minutes).

Sounds bout right.
Leeberator
12/09/2015 7:59 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Jedi

If a "shot" is instantaneous, then delay between shots would be 1 divided by the RPM (in minutes). It's simple math. You have rounds per minute and you're looking for minutes per round, so just raise it to the power of -1.
Jedi
12/09/2015 7:56 pm
CaptainMurica
Mr_cat_squidBut what if the weapon jams?

I think he wants us to assume as flawless operation as possible.

also RPM does not calculate for any reloads.
MrCatSquid
12/09/2015 7:53 pm
Level 21 : Expert Fish
But what if the weapon jams?
Leeberator
12/09/2015 7:54 pm
I think he wants us to assume as flawless operation as possible.

Technically we'd need to all agree on what the definition of a "shot" is. Is it the time it takes for the bullet to travel from the chamber to the end of the barrel? is a "shot" when the bullet exits the barrel? If the latter is true, then the entire cycle time would be the delay between shots.
Leeberator
12/09/2015 7:51 pm
You'd need to know the time it takes for each bullet to fire (excluding cycling to the next round, because that's the time you're looking for). Divide the total time of firing the gun by the number of shots fired and subtract the time it takes for a bullet to fire.

Each "round" in RPM is the time of one full cycle of the gun from fire to fire. Just subtract the time it takes for a bullet to be hit by the pin and exit the barrel.
tomtheblob
01/06/2016 2:26 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Blob
Yup. This right here.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome