~ Another World? --- Forum RP Application Thread

BlackFTW's Avatar BlackFTW5/15/12 7:19 pm
5/21/2012 7:54 pm
Miss_Pie's Avatar Miss_Pie
THIS IS NOT A SERVER RP. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ONE, PLEASE REFER TO THE BOOK OF READING SKILLS.

IC Thread: another-world-forum-thread-t86083.html

Hey kids! It's Black again! "Ugh, not this idiot again. Are you going to make another random RP that uses an original idea, or are you going to be cliché again to sell out and get everyone to join?!" Well, I'll tell you through song and dance!
*Music starts* Weeeelll, it's a FORUM RP, with UBER SAUCE! Maybe if we... Uh... Screw this...

Anywho, yeah, I'm too impatient to make sure the other RP was truly dead, so yeah. I was hoping to be kinda different than the rest with this RP, as you'll see in the rules section.

Basic Plot/Backstory:

You sat down on the couch. You pull out your cellphone, and look at your texts. No new messages. Hmph. You put the cellphone away. You idle around, a bit. Then decide to watch T.V. or something. You sit back down, with a bored expression. You reach for the remote, but as you reach your hand out, you feel a ghostly chill tickle your skin. Without the remote, you yank your arm back, looking around to see the window open. A slight breeze had wafted into the room.

Casually, you walk over to it and close it, and then you go back to your seat. You pick up the remote, and flip on the T.V. As soon as you see the news, it flashes back off. You try the remote again. It doesn't work. It doesn't work? You hit it a couple times on the flat of your hand before trying it again. Nothing, still. In the rim of your ear, you hear a very faint rumbling. You notice the lamp above you swaying side to side violently. You feel your feet vibrate on the cold, stone floor. An earthquake. An earthquake?!

In a hurried panic, you dive underneath the nearby table. "It's hard wood," you think to yourself, "it'll survive." Just as you leap from your seat, a large block of debris shatters the couch into a million pieces. Thankful, you make sure every part of you is beneath the table. You close your eyes, clench your fists and wait for it to be over.

Soon, the loud noises cease. "Did it stop?" You think you yourself. You slowly crawl out from under your table, greeted by a nice, black sky. If it wasn't night, you would've seen what the darkness hid. You then stand up. It seems peaceful. But then, it happens. A very large crack spreads from one end of your room, to the next. You step back from it, just before it starts pushing away from both sides of the valley to reveal an entire valley of darkness and rock. On the very bottom, you see a very faint glow. Probably lava.

You run to the very end of the room. The valley stops just in front of you, you can't get to the stairs- or rather what's left of the stairs. Luckily, you point out the seemingly stair-case like patterns of rocks lining the very top of the valley wall. You step down, carefully. Another. And then another. You make it down to the very bottom, soon enough. You're standing on a rock platform now in the shape of a circle. Lava surrounds it, and only a small pathway that leads into a cave is open to you.

You enter with curiosity on your side, and eventually make it to the end. It's a really big room, with at least a billion torches lining the walls, illuminating the cave. The very end of the room ends in a flat, straight wall, unlike the rest of the half-circle room. Its entire coloring is a torque black, and it seemingly emanates some kind of... particles that make you more and more curious the longer you look at the wall. Slowly, you approach it. You stop right in front of it, and put your hand on the wall.

It begins to glow, when your skin meets the stone. You look around in marvel, before you notice that your hand was already absorbed by the wall. Next, it draws in your arm. Then your shoulder. Then you. And everything. It's a few of what you guess to be minutes before you find yourself being expelled out of the wall. You stand up. It seems... normal. Except, everything seems... darker in tone. Slowly, you walk out of the room, and back to where you came in from. You're now back on the platform outside. It's surrounded by ice. Strange.

Quickly, you stroll back over to the valley wall, and climb it back up to the top. What you see shocks you. The entire city is gone. All that is left in sight is a nearby forest and plain, and a meager village that is already on fire. Skeletons lurk the streets, though luckily not noticing you. Quickly, you sprint through the village and into the forest. You stop by a large tree, where you sit down. You close your eyes for a few seconds, then you open them again. In the darkness of the night, you see a very faint figure standing not to far from you.

It motions you to stand up, and it starts speaking in a very alluring tone. "Something you do not seek, something that kills you. Monsters lurk above and below and beside, humanism rules the land. Lizards patrol the mountains, goblins keep the knolls. Keep safe, I dear hope." It suddenly disappears as soon as you blink. Scared, you back up into the tree. And take a click look around you. Monsters. They're real here, aren't they?

Rules:

1. Hey guys, wanna RP? "I do!" 'Kay, I'll start: I wake up in my bed. A drip of sweat runs from my br- "OMG SHUT UP U IDTI YOU HAVE 2 RP IN 3RD PURSUN!111"

Yes, folks! This RP shall be done in first person, not third! Gasp, the dialogue actually has an important use now! Also, before you spam "BLACK, YOU'RE RETARDED. WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO RP IN THIRD PERSON", I thought someone might want to try something different for once, and some people prefer 1P-RP. So, yeah. Keep the flame-spams in a bag.

2. No swearing like its nineteen fifty seven, the regular price of a cat planet! In all seriousness, don't swear. Unless it's a minor swear. (E.G. "Damn")
3. Please use good, if not perfect, grammar and spelling. Otherwise, you can infer that you'll be declined.
4. Don't be OP, or otherwise perfect. Have some flaws, bro.
5. Don't god-mod, meta-game, and all that. *Too lazy to list all of them*
6. Be original. It isn't fun if everyone is a British seventeen-year-old who comes lives with his uncle because his parents died in a car crash.
7. If you're going to be an ass, please stand on the idiot side of the internet. Kthxbai.
8. Try to keep the types of characters balanced. Not everyone should be a monster.

Application Format:

Please delete the notes I put in, or you will be declined.

Civilized Humanoid - I.E. Human, orc, elf, ect.
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Species & Nationality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Including height and weight would be nice.)
[b]Dialogue:[/b] (Just to make sure you're doing it right. Please include some talking and some actions, preferably a paragraph.)
[b]Backstory:[/b] (Pretty straight-forward. Must be at least a paragraph.)
[b]Occupation:[/b] (This is not required.)
[b]Family:[/b] (Just to make sure you're not a random orphan.)
[b]Anything Else?[/b]

Monster/Beast - I.E. Dragon, baskilisk, goblin, ect.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Including height and weight would be nice.)
[b]Dialogue:[/b] (Just to make sure you're doing it right. Please include some talking and some actions, preferably a paragraph.)
[b]Backstory:[/b] (Pretty straight-forward. Must be at least two paragraphs.)
[b]Alignment:[/b] (Evil being hostile.)
[b]Anything Else?[/b]

Acceptors:
BlackFTW
Miss_Pie
BlackFTW
Level 39 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Miss_Pie
05/21/2012 7:54 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Pony
This forum is dying? Again? Really? -3-
capella17
05/19/2012 6:00 pm
Level 22 : Expert Scribe
It's so pretty! XD *Stands back to admire work*
capella17
05/19/2012 6:00 pm
Level 22 : Expert Scribe
Name: Lithlien
Species & Nationality: dragon
Appearance: black with golden specks 15ft tall 2000lbs
Dialogue: I flew down to spew my lightning flames on the annoying soul who had just appeared and then maybe some more on the annoying soul who had made me do this dialogue thingy.
Backstory: Lithlien lived in the other world since she was a hatchling. She had recently been seeing strange being appearing in her world. The annoying little worms bugged her and poked her with their crude sticks until she blew fir on them and wiped them from existence, but there were more coming. She decided to befriend some of the worms and works with them against the bad worms.
Occupation: (This is not required.) breathing fire on annoying worms ;D
Family: She's a dragon she don't need or has any family she knows of.... yet at least
Anything Else? If you are an annoying worm, run.
Miss_Pie
05/19/2012 5:16 pm
It's not a server RP -_-'
djhiphop7
05/19/2012 12:18 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
IP?
BlackFTW
05/19/2012 4:49 pm
000.Iwill.stabyou:sir
Miss_Pie
05/19/2012 12:16 pm
Yes, I would like to see this live too.
BlackFTW
05/18/2012 11:50 pm
It appears as though. I'd much prefer this lives. Speaking of living, I have to make mah own character....
Miss_Pie
05/18/2012 11:48 pm
Oh my. Does this thread need a bit of nudging and bumping?
Darklordderpy
05/17/2012 10:38 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
He has a very strange psychological viewpoint than modern humans due to rapid cultural change from rapid technological growth along with neurological alterations in order to make him more able to live in a society of rapid developement.
Darklordderpy
05/16/2012 9:33 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
(Hey, Id like to play a character who was sucked into this dimension from the future, it doesnt give him that much of an advantage as he is even more of a fish out of water than the other characters and he is a civilian so doesnt carry any weapons, Ill post my dialog example)

Dread, I could feel it creeping up my spine, metaphorically at least. when I ran a diagnostic I could not find the source, what was this that held me in such reasonless terror.

I called up my psychiatrist, Dr. Sophia and gave her my results. she too had no answer.

The whole situation seemed strange...but it got a whole lot worse. with very little warning the walls of my room began to warp, my diagnostic showed no signs of psychosis or any other aberant psychological effects. all I could do was shout a primal, feral scream as I contacted the ETAP (existential threat analysis and protection) before being engulfed by the light.

for hours I must have spent, catatonic, my mind dulled by the trauma, confused and very much alone I slowly got up to my feet "CONNECTION LOST" I felt within my skull, I was alone, utterly, utterly alone.
BlackFTW
05/17/2012 10:25 pm
Lol, wut?

Also, final hooommme strrreettccchhh! Someone do CPR on the thread! We're losing him!
Miss_Pie
05/16/2012 7:56 pm
Ahh.. thanks
Well, it's not my first time roleplaying but I do tend to make a LOT of OCs. Some are more grand than others, and this one just happened to pop into my head. ^^'
ultradoom5
05/16/2012 7:36 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Skinner
Yes we do. Also, make me moar human flavored pizza.
BlackFTW
05/16/2012 7:45 pm
BlackFTW
05/16/2012 7:35 pm
Miss_PieName: Kardia Symphesia
Species & Nationality: Elf, originates from the Kingdom of Asoelle (Kingdom name generator, FTW!)
Appearance: -Snip-
Dialogue: -Snip-
Backstory: -Snip-
Occupation: Kardia is a wandering archer, she kills monsters and does jobs for people sometimes.
Family: Nicia (Mother), Dareius (Father), Cican (Brother)
Anything Else? Nuffim but muffins. Hopefully this is good enough.

Is this your first-time RolePlaying? Because that was pretty amazing.
Accepted. Do you want me to make the thread?
Miss_Pie
05/16/2012 7:24 pm
Name: Kardia Symphesia
Species & Nationality: Elf, originates from the Kingdom of Asoelle (Kingdom name generator, FTW!)
Appearance:
Click to reveal

Dialogue: I was always shunned by other elves. My hair was highly irrational, and everyone thought I was dumb since I never spoke. No one tried to be friends with me, they didn't even talk to me. Even the village elders thought poorly of me. "Poor Nicia and Dareius," they always said. "They must be so sad to have a misfit child. Kardia is simply an outsider." I always spied on them, and rather good if I must say so myself. No one ever found out. I always thought it was better to keep to myself, not indulge in the other activities that the other children played. It would have been nice for someone to try to be friends with me. I was always lonely until I saw the men training. The men in the village were always trained for fighting when they became of age, but women were not. It still interested my though, when I watched them fight. The way they moved and sometimes outsmarted their opponents was fascinating. Some were brutish and used more strength than thought. I found that they usually lost. But the archery interested me the most. I watched them for days, weeks in the sidelines, hiding out of anyone’s view. One day though, I stuck out my chin and walked up to them, asking them to teach me how to fight. That day, my entire life changed.
Backstory: Kardia was born in a small village in the Kingdom of Asoelle. Kardia was an interesting child. She never talked to anyone else but her brother and parents, yet she was very smart and her physical wellness was very good. She was always seen as the mysterious and quiet child, and none of the other elven children. Although she was quiet, the main reason other elves avoided her was because her hair was black. Other elves' hair was often orange, blonde, or something within that range. None of her parents' hair was black either. Kardia was shunned by the other elves, even by some of the elders. Kardia's family had a penchant for music, though. Her father and mother taught her how to play certain instruments, but Kardia was never interested. Unlike other elven girls, she didn't run around picking flowers. Instead, she watched the men practice fighting. Fighting had always interested her, but archery interested her the most. After watching the men for many weeks, she wanted to learn how to fight and do archery. If she did, she would most likely be shunned further more by the villagers, but it couldn't possibly get worse for her. Over time, the men taught Kardia well and she was able to handle a sword and bow very well. She was shunned further more when the people found out, but Kardia didn’t care. She kept on training and soon became one of the best fighters in the village. Of course, people still shunned her and didn’t talk to her. No one took much notice when she decided to leave the village either. Her parents didn’t want Kardia to leave, but they felt that she would be better off and be able to show her true skills outside of the village so they let her go. Now she spends her days hunting and wandering around from kingdom to kingdom and village to village.
Occupation: Kardia is a wandering archer, she kills monsters and does jobs for people sometimes.
Family: Nicia (Mother), Dareius (Father), Cican (Brother)
Anything Else? Nuffim but muffins. Hopefully this is good enough.
BlackFTW
05/15/2012 9:21 pm
Blip_Lvl_30-I SNIPPED EVERYTHING.-

This isn't a Minecraft RP. Silly user.
ultradoom5
05/15/2012 9:14 pm
woah, u applied for a dragon? Hide, lest Clue come and pick apart thy app.
Blip_Lvl_30
05/15/2012 9:08 pm
Level 22 : Expert Ranger
bump
Blip_Lvl_30
05/15/2012 8:56 pm
Level 22 : Expert Ranger
Name: Red dragon

Species: Dragon

Appearance: A small hatch-ling ( Quickly grows ) With a blood red body with white spots and two long horns with bronze eyes.

Dialogue: Not alot, I just hatched. But, Before birth, I saw visions ( Hatch-lings before birth often see visions of there mothers ) She seemed to have had a big fight with another dragon, Huge and black, With voided purple eyes. My mother died that night, And had me on the brink of death. I remember the dragon in a fight with a human- And the dragon also lay her egg on the brink of death. But i remember- The human taking the egg- with a piston- yes- ah- I cannot remember any more...

Alignment: Neutral And Tamable. ( Depending on occasions in the rp, I can ether be good or evil. )

Backstory: I pretty much said above- I am a male hatch-ling who's mother gave birth to on the brink of death and am just now hatching.

I wonder out of my egg, Slowly picking at the soft material. As a finish, I notice something the the tree I was laid in. In another tree, Far away, Was a familiar face. A human. I turn around, Frightened. I stay in my huge nest though, Cowering. " Where did the Ender Egg land? " I wonder as I peck at the soul sand at the bottom of my nest. " It could not have landed too far away.

I hide in some leafs near my nest and eat some berry s. I soon realize this to be a bad idea when i start to regurgitate. I peck at the pile of puke and lift my nose up instantly. Eww. I look at the human hiding in the tree, Then at the monsters. He's afraid of them! So if i side with them, I'll be safe! But, I don't know if this one is hostile. Humans are Neutral beings that are very different from each-other. They think differently than there own kind. And most of all- They have the ability to adapt and breed in only nine months, And to kill anything in its way! No wonder they have taken over most of the world. But we let them. We are smarter than them. Why? We know that it is the highest that have the longest distance to fall. We will start an uprising against humans if they do no co-operate. I know it deep within me. Deep within my aura.
ultradoom5
05/15/2012 8:53 pm
XD had too. How about Rivendell? Laziness FTW
BlackFTW
05/15/2012 8:52 pm
ultradoom5Why do I have to do all the work?
I name my kingdom of birth... drumroll please... Blackforthewin!

t-t
ultradoom5
05/15/2012 8:51 pm
Why do I have to do all the work?
I name my kingdom of birth... drumroll please... Blaikfourthewien!
BlackFTW
05/15/2012 8:49 pm
ultradoom5Name: Seve Drakelff
Species & Nationality: Elf, I guess it'd be nice to know the kingdoms of this place.
Appearance: Hmm... http://www.google.com/imgres?q=jester&s ... Green-Jest
Dialogue: Must I? *le sigh* I'll put it in the backstory.
Family: (Just to make sure you're not a random orphan.) Parents are dead, as said in backstory. He was an only child, and is not married.
Anything Else? Not really.

Geh. I kinda hoped you guize would think of names for teh places... >.>

Accepted, I spose'
ultradoom5
05/15/2012 8:46 pm
Name: Seve Drakelff
Species & Nationality: Elf, I guess it'd be nice to know the kingdoms of this place.
Appearance: Hmm... http://www.google.com/imgres?q=jester&s ... Green-Jest
Dialogue: Must I? *le sigh* I'll put it in the backstory.
Backstory: INSTA LAZY!
Seve was born in a travelling circus. His father was a clown, and taught him everything he knew. He had some charisma, so the rest of the troupe taught him what they knew, so, at the age of 16 he had become a Jack-of-all-trades. One day, when they were in a shady part of the lands, his troupe was robbed. He and the ringmaster were the only ones on the stage, so when the rest of the troupe tried to stop the bandits, everyone but the ringmaster and him was killed. The ringmaster pretty much adopted Seve, but he was an old man. It wasn't long before the Ringmaster died, but of natural causes. Seve could not find any honest work, so was forced to work for gangs on the streets. He used his skills that he learned in the troupe, and became a big-time assassin. One day, however, he was sent on a mission that he could not complete. *flashback* It was raining hard in the alley. I had been waiting for quite a while now. I had been told that the undercover princess I was to assassinate was at this location. Finally, a carriage pulled up. I didn't even look at who got out. I began to scale the side wall, the rain slapping my face like a wet hand. I was about to punch in the window, when he saw that it had no lock. 'To easy...' I thought, crawling in. I casually took out a knife, and waited in the room. It looked like it would be the princesses room. I waited, twirling his knife. Footsteps just outside the door warned me that someone was there. As soon as the door opened, I leaped out to tackle the person. I kneeled over the girl. As I was about to bring his blade down, I stopped. 'Why am I assassinating this poor little girl?' I hesitated, for a long while. Long enough to get clubbed by the father of the innocent little girl, who had no royal blood.
*flashback ends* Although he got away with his life before he was thrown in jail, he vowed to get away from this life of crime. He changed his name, and went to seek an audience with the king himself. He got a job as the royal jester, but the king was not an idiot. The king had sources of information, and studied Seve's backstory. Finding that Seve was an assassin, the king did a strange thing. Instead of banishing him, the king hired him for his assassin skills. He naturally had no choice, and now is the kings royal assassin, although he wont say no to someone with a large enough coin purse.
Family: (Just to make sure you're not a random orphan.) Parents are dead, as said in backstory. He was an only child, and is not married.
Anything Else? Not really.
ultradoom5
05/15/2012 8:38 pm
Close to royalty. Just a step down.
ultradoom5
05/15/2012 8:34 pm
God. my awesome char won't work well in 1st. gotta think of something else... The secondary realm place, is it medieval, or what sorta time period? Hopefully has a monarchy, so I can be lazy?
BlackFTW
05/15/2012 8:37 pm
Medieval-fantasy. I don't know what you mean by "be lazy", but I'm assuming you mean be royalty. If you want to be royalty, you best be havin' a good application.
ultradoom5
05/15/2012 8:27 pm
I'm more of a 'sum-it-up' guy. That's why I hate making backstories.
ultradoom5
05/15/2012 8:22 pm
Hmmm... might have potential. Just to get this straight, like some strange apocalyptic type event ripped open a hole in our dimension, making a path to a fantasy type realm?
BlackFTW
05/15/2012 8:25 pm
Pretty much.
Gobble124
05/15/2012 8:10 pm
Level 26 : Expert Toast
BlackFTW
Gobble124Name: Nick Kealoha
Species & Nationality: Human, Hawaiian
Appearance: -snip-
Family: Mother (Jamie), Father (Felix), Sister (Shelly) though he does not if they are still alive.
Anything Else? Can write in a sort of Journal kinda way? Like
Entry 1: Blah Blur Blah Blah Blur

Mehblargy. I don't know. I would prefer you to just use average RP, but I don't see what problems it would cause if you wrote in a journal-type-way, other than the fact that most people only write one entry per day. Unless Nick is a write-aholic. But, whatever floats your boat.

Accepted, I guess.

He only writes when he has time to. Some entry's may account over days and my posts will be writing in the thing. I will put -End of Entry 1- at the end.
Brink_
05/15/2012 8:09 pm
Level 22 : Expert Explorer
Might apply later.
BlackFTW
05/15/2012 8:07 pm
Gobble124Name: Nick Kealoha
Appearance: -snip-
Family: Mother (Jamie), Father (Felix), Sister (Shelly) though he does not if they are still alive.

Mehblargy. I don't know. I would prefer you to just use average RP, but I don't see what problems it would cause if you wrote in a journal-type-way, other than the fact that most people only write one entry per day. Unless Nick is a write-aholic. But, whatever floats your boat.

Accepted, I guess.
Gobble124
05/15/2012 7:45 pm
Level 26 : Expert Toast
Name: Nick Kealoha
Appearance:
Dialogue: Entry 1: I found this journal in the street. I've been saving it for a while but I think it's time for me to look back. Let's see....I'll start on that day. The first day.

At first I thought it was a dream. I kept telling myself I'd wake up. When I fell into that new world I knew it wasn't a dream. Dust flew into my face. I can't feel dust in dreams. I ran. I didn't know what was going on. After that voice spoke to me I still didn't. It seemed unreal. Like a medieval fantasy book. It wasn't though. Reader, If your a Human from my world. The real world....or maybe it's the fake world. What ever. If your Human, I want you to read this like it's fiction. That would help. It would make it seem less sad. Anyway, story, I had stood up and gone into the forest. It seemed like the safest place. I wandered around. Looking for....something. I don't know. It doesn't matter. Then I heard a noise. I took out my pocket knife, Something I always had. "Who's there?" I asked. I had never been this scared in my life. Never. "Are you Human?" A voice called out,
Backstory: Nick grew up normally. He wasn't that special. He was okay at sports, Good in school and had your average, Middle class family. He loved to run around and bend the rules a little. His best friend, Ryan, Wasn't as willing as Nick was but, He was okay with it. Both went head to head in everything. It was fun. Soccer, Baseball, and as they got older and everyone started picking one sport, Football. Nick lived a good life until his family moved. A week before it happened his Dad got a new Job and they moved. Nick became a loner. His life was torn away form him. He felt like someone had ripped out his heart. He was quite. Some people bullied him but he just walked by, sighing. Then it happened. After checking weather his friends had texted him back, he hit his low point. Nick thinks that's was caused it. Though it seemed he finally getting away from this life he didn't to leave. It seemed to....strange. But he couldn't fight it. It happened...and no one can change that.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome