Alternative site to planetminecraft?

Wertologist's Avatar Wertologist12/8/15 6:05 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 11
12/9/2015 10:31 am
Palaeos's Avatar Palaeos
Does anyone know an alternative site to use? I've dealt with a lot of irritable people here and the moderators tend to nitpick on every little thing. Unfortunately, this site is my only known option because it's user friendly and easy to browse, but I really hate the fact that the staff members will nitpick everything.

I only know of the minecraft forums website. While it has a good community, it's too thread-like.

Does anyone know any alternatives?

Before this gets taken down for whatever reason, I'd like to state that this post is not doing anything against the rules.

"Do not make more than one thread for the same topic, question, or request. Posting twice in the same subforum or one time in several different subforums about the same topic is against the rules.
Do not spam the forums to increase your post count.
Do not post threads outside of the section that they belong in. If you have questions on where to post, ask.
Do not use excessive formatting in your post such as colors, icons, images, links, or spoiler tags.
Do not post threads about the misconduct of another member or player such as ban lists, moderation disputes, or arguments with other players.
Do not divert discussion from the main topic of the thread.
Do not bump more than once in a 24 hour period. A "bump" is a post that does not contribute to the thread at hand, and whose aim is to move a thread to the top of the recent posts in the forum (ex. "Anyone?", "Still need help!", "Hello?", "Bump"). Any reply can bump a thread however. You should only bump a thread if 24 hours has passed since the last post/reply, including the original post, regardless of if the post was yours or if it was or wasn't a "bump".

Doesn't violate a single thing, but I figure it will get taken down anyways.
Wertologist
Level 44 : Master Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Palaeos
12/09/2015 10:31 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Since this thread seems to be less about actually finding an alternative site (Minecraft Forums being probably the closest site to this I can think of) and more about arguing about moderation decisions I've decided to lock this. If you would like to discuss it further do so via PM with another moderator, though please do not PM me as its unlikely I'll say anything you wish to hear.

Edit: Also users flaming others is bad, so I've removed those posts as they didn't contribute anyways.
Wertologist
12/09/2015 9:35 am
"There's no way for them to block you on the site; if it's outside of the site, we aren't forcing them to talk to people and I discourage most of the staff from adding users on Skype, etc for security reasons, so if that was the case I'd consider it lucky that they offered to discuss it to begin with.

What happens, by the way, is that your posts get reported by members who recognize the baseless jabs at the team and discussion that doesn't really contribute much to the site and is acted upon accordingly. I'm not really sure how/why you'd expect a thread complaining about moderators and asking for alternative sites to live very long, especially when there is a whole section in the rules about not making threads to complain about that sort of thing (especially if it's not constructive; usually there's leeway if it's legitimate).

Also, if you're talking about your two latest disabled projects, that is a complete lie. One year ago you got a project disabled for the exact same reason. Surely you couldn't have forgotten by now that it was against the rules?"

The thing is my project was taken down for reasons that weren't against the rules. No where in the rules does it say in-game screenshots. It says just screenshots. I have screenshots of the map so people can see the whole map at once. Can you show me where it says in-game screenshots? I really can't find it.

"7.4.2Minimal Project Requriments
A suitable title related to your project.
Screenshots of your project to show members what you have created.
A clear Description explaining the project and what it is.
If the project requires specific modifications to function, it is highly recommended that you supply links to the modifications required to run it. You are not required to provide support for these modifications, but to reduce user confusion (which may lead to false reports), you should always mark what modifications the project requires."

Nowhere does it say in-game so I did nothing wrong. They keep getting taken down for unjust reasons. To further prove my point, I flagged other projects that did not contain in-game screenshots and all of those flags were dismissed. So why should those projects stay up if mine can't?

Moderators actually can block people. At least that's what it says in the rules. The rules say you can contact a moderator to block someone from contacting you. Our first conversation also magically disappeared from my inbox.

Funny thing just happened. One of the moderators who keeps refusing my request has a project that has no in-game screenshots either. I reported it and he actually banned me from that submission. Talk about fair.

I respect all mods by default. However, I don't if they are acting petty(arguably I am too, but a moderator shouldn't be at all).
SuperSecretFakeAccount
12/08/2015 8:14 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
I like how this thread has completely de-railed since Paril got here

Anyway, I can't think of any other sites like PMC. There is curse, but that is a really small community. I would just stick with PMC, and keep your opinions on the mods to yourself.

Also, Good morning Paril.
Ivain
12/08/2015 7:19 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
By the way, any visual proof of this will really help. It is also perfectly possible to report mod abuse. If you believe something happened that should not have happened with regards to removing submissions, just PM a mod of the same rank or possibly a higher rank. That'll mean something actually happens, instead of you getting sick of repeated things going wrong
Havingfun_ISKEY
12/08/2015 7:06 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Respect the moderators. They have a very difficult job.
Wertologist
12/08/2015 6:31 am
I don't seek out moderators. They just pop up. One even blocked me while we were discussing something. Is it even allowed for moderators to block users? He even took down an additional project for a reason that wasn't even in the rules. It was in their rules, but not the rules I read. They have different sets of rules or something.

I'll keep an eye out for this "Blockarts" site. I hope it gets up soon because I'm getting sick of this place. Do you have any sort of links to it or something talking about it?
Paril
12/08/2015 7:29 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
There's no way for them to block you on the site; if it's outside of the site, we aren't forcing them to talk to people and I discourage most of the staff from adding users on Skype, etc for security reasons, so if that was the case I'd consider it lucky that they offered to discuss it to begin with.

What happens, by the way, is that your posts get reported by members who recognize the baseless jabs at the team and discussion that doesn't really contribute much to the site and is acted upon accordingly. I'm not really sure how/why you'd expect a thread complaining about moderators and asking for alternative sites to live very long, especially when there is a whole section in the rules about not making threads to complain about that sort of thing (especially if it's not constructive; usually there's leeway if it's legitimate).

Also, if you're talking about your two latest disabled projects, that is a complete lie. One year ago you got a project disabled for the exact same reason. Surely you couldn't have forgotten by now that it was against the rules?
Havingfun_ISKEY
12/08/2015 7:36 am
Peace out, Paril, peace out
Paril
12/08/2015 7:45 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Good morning
Havingfun_ISKEY
12/08/2015 7:52 am
Aww, hello, Paril! Good morning! How are you today?
Ivain
12/08/2015 6:13 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
There is not currently one, but I believe "Blockarts" is in the works to become a PMC rival.

It'll be months before they are up though, and in the meantime I recommend you to just stay out of the sections where you meet these irritable people. I've succeeded in mostly staying out of their way while remaining quite active, so it should be possible.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome