Worst game of 2023?

Daralexen's Avatar Daralexen3/10/24 10:58 pm
4/22/2024 9:27 pm
chanomia's Avatar chanomia
2023 was an amazing year for games. We had amazing titles such as Baulders Gate III, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Spider-Man 2, Tears of The Kingdom, Pikmin 4, and Mario Bros Wonder. However, there were many other titles on the opposite end of the spectrum that ranged from disappointing/underwhelming to straight-up unplayable. Which is the worst game of 2023 that you ACTUALLY played and not just heard of from word of mouth through the internet, journalists, or friends? I have only played Rise of Kong and Redfall. In my opinion, Rise of Kong is objectively worse than Redfall, but I dislike Redfall more. Simply due to the fact that it embodies everything that I dislike about modern gaming. The unnecessary live-service design, the awful art style, the awful OST, sullying the reputation of Arkane, and the fact that Microsoft wants it to be seen as a big-name Xbox IP on the same level as Halo or Minecraft. The fact that unmissable mid-game and end-game story achievements such as defeating required bosses are considered diamond-level achievements says a lot.
Daralexen
Level 10 : Journeyman Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/22/2024 9:27 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
chanomia
04/18/2024 7:48 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Modder
Mc_Elmancapod09
Payday 3 bruh😭
04/19/2024 7:53 pm
Daralexen
I might make a part 2 to this thread to include Pay Day 3, Starfield, Dead Island 2, Madden 24, Coffin of Andy and LayLay, etc. I still cannot believe streamers ditched their principles and are easily swayed to promote a broken game by money, parties, and free stuff. Angry Joe shilling for Pay Day 3 and South Park: Snow Day really made him lose credibility.
03/14/2024 7:49 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Whale
TsengGames
gargoyles remastered according to google
03/15/2024 1:15 amhistory
Daralexen
How did I not hear about this game until now when that was one of my favourite series of all time? I briefly checked the Steam page for it, and it is pretty negative. However, is it Gollum bad? Gollum was so bad that the studio shut down.
03/14/2024 7:27 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Wolf
Sun9ty
The Day Before 💀
03/12/2024 3:57 pmhistory
Daralexen
I am surprised that nobody has voted The Day Before yet. You know, the "game" that was a literal scam that gullible people overhyped to be the most wishlisted game on Steam.

*EDIT* somebody here unfortunately played The Day Before. Also, how come BanBan beat the other games by a landslide? I know that it is awful and cheap shovelware made to prey on iPad Kids and Streamers, but it was not a literal scam like The Day Before or shut down a studio like Gollum.
03/11/2024 1:29 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
"The Lord Of Ring: Gollum"

Hogwarts Legacy still takes... last? due to J.K. Rowling and various devs, as well as antisemetic implications

a terrible game is better than a harmful game
03/14/2024 7:15 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
let's try and keep politics out of discussions as it only leads to drama/arguments if the thread gets popular and no one wants to deal with cleaning that mess up
03/11/2024 9:56 pm
Daralexen
When I put the "Other" option, I expected things like Starfield (Solely due to how disappointing/underwhelming it was), The Coffin of Andy and Laylay (Edgelord walking simulator), or an annual sports game like Madden or Fifa. I always knew that Rowling was a polemic person, but I did not know that the developers behind the game were also controversial.
03/11/2024 1:24 am
dopadream
Minecraft.
03/11/2024 12:45 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Pokemon
Apro87
u monke
03/11/2024 1:29 amhistory
dopadream
Nah in all honesty it's definitely MW3. Triple A studios are getting too comfortable with touching up their games (arguably for the worse) and reselling them off as sequels. MW3 was a classic example of this, as was Overwatch 2, and Valve trying to advertise CS2 as a new game.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome