Skyrim Quest Help

Magenta Creeper's Avatar Magenta Creeper7/12/15 11:41 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 13
7/31/2015 10:01 am
RoboShadow's Avatar RoboShadow
I'm playing Skyrim on the Xbox and I'm doing the Hired Muscle quest for the companions quest line. It gave me an NPC on the Red Wave in Solitude. I'm supposed to get a dialog box to brawl, right? But I'm not. My last save before joining the companions was 4 hours ago, so I don't wanna lose all that progress. Any idea how to deal with this? I had the same problem a few months ago and I loaded a save before joining the companions so I could redo it eventually, but the same thing is happening again. Am I supposed to do something else?
Magenta Creeper
Level 26 : Expert Toast

Create an account or sign in to comment.

RoboShadow
07/31/2015 10:01 am
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
MissMarifireAquilae, is he implying... PMC belongs to the Nords?

Yes ^^
AquilaeVolanti
07/31/2015 9:53 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragonborn
MissMarifireAquilae, is he implying... PMC belongs to the Nords?

PROBABLY.

But all things aside, I've got #toomanymods in my game right now, but I'm able to help as Mari said.
MissMarifire
07/31/2015 1:27 am
Level 32 : Artisan Network
Aquilae, is he implying... PMC belongs to the Nords?

Anyway, I'm sure OP has their answer now. If you have any more questions or problems with the game, do what Santi said, or ask Aquilae or I, as we've played TES games to oblivion and back and back to oblivion and back.
RoboShadow
07/28/2015 10:14 pm
Santi9809

Click to reveal
I really don't know how people can play Skyrim without mods. That's like, eating hot ice cream. Or playing football without a ball. You'd be like "Dude, there's no ball" and stuffs. Yeah

Yeah, and there's no console on console (oh the irony) either, so when things like this happen you can't fix it without reverting back.
ItsMorgan
07/28/2015 9:01 pm
Level 29 : Expert Princess
WhiteRawrDoesn't your game autosave? You could try loading one of those if it does.

Found this:
If the quest target doesn't have conversation topics then there will be no option to start a brawl and the quest won't completeable.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Hired_Muscle#Bugs

And this might be what you're looking for:
Talk to whoever gave you the quest and tell them you don't want to do it and you should be able to get a different quest, of off them or another companion

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/answers/315994-i-cant-complete-the-eris-hired-muscle-companions-quest-any

^^^ This. If in doubt, ask U EE ESS PEE or Gamefaqs. Or Yahoo Answers if you're desperate.

Click to reveal
I really don't know how people can play Skyrim without mods. That's like, eating hot ice cream. Or playing football without a ball. You'd be like "Dude, there's no ball" and stuffs. Yeah
mlfaw
07/28/2015 7:22 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Toast
The forums is about Minecraft, not Skyrin XD

AquilaeVolanti
07/31/2015 12:58 am
Right now, as stated, you are in a subforum for everything else not related to Minecraft or anything of the sort. This specific forum is for games and technology. Not Minecraft. It is in the section 'everything else' for a reason.
RoboShadow
07/28/2015 8:48 pm
>Says forum is about minecraft
>is on subforum dedicated to not minecraft
You realize that, right?
AquilaeVolanti
07/28/2015 3:46 pm
Thread moved to gaming/technology.

/move
Adyxia
07/13/2015 7:01 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Goblin
Doesn't your game autosave? You could try loading one of those if it does.

Found this:
If the quest target doesn't have conversation topics then there will be no option to start a brawl and the quest won't completeable.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Hired_Muscle#Bugs

And this might be what you're looking for:
Talk to whoever gave you the quest and tell them you don't want to do it and you should be able to get a different quest, of off them or another companion

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/answers/315994-i-cant-complete-the-eris-hired-muscle-companions-quest-any
Karrfis
07/13/2015 6:57 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
your playing xbox skyrim you dont have an bugfix patches, when playing console skyrim you need to make sure you read bugs
Knightsundere
07/13/2015 12:50 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
You kinda screwed yourself over by not saving for four hours. The only solution I can think of without using console commands would be to save and then punch the person you're supposed to brawl. That might reset his dialogue with you. Reload the save after that and see if you can talk to him.

Though, it's pretty rare for someone to not give dialogue. Are you sure you're talking to the right NPC?
Magenta Creeper
07/13/2015 6:36 pm
Level 26 : Expert Toast
Yes, I'm sure. I know that it saved, just no sure why it doesn't have any of the saves from that 4 hour time period. When I try to brawl he falls to his knees like he should but the objective doesn't get updated or anything.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome