Favorite "Unused Idea" in Gaming?

Shades2hot's Avatar Shades2hot3/8/21 6:00 am
3/8/2021 10:47 pm
LORDNAREST's Avatar LORDNAREST
Can be anything that you generally would not see in regular plays of a game, whether it's because they coded it to not be do-able or because it never ended up coded in at all!

An example of this in Minecraft is the Illusioner mob.

My favorite kind of unused idea tends to be ideas stored for a later game! Yoshi was an idea for the original Super Mario, but ended up a reality starting on the Mario World one!
Shades2hot
Level 30 : Artisan Pixel Puncher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

LORDNAREST
03/08/2021 10:47 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
I have an interest/SpIn in gaming trivia and i should have bunches of ideas in my head but I could only name a few so far:

- The idea that Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy was going to be Peach's sister
- According to the Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time artbook, Cortex being to handsome was an issue + they might've gone with a better style for the game that was similar to back in the 90s
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time femtropy was gonna have hair and femtropy was gonna be just an N. Tropy baby inside some mecha suit
- Crash being a wombat in general & Tawna being named Carmen
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, Ripper Roo's model was found in the game but he was only used for a specific part of the bg
- Unused skins for Cortex, Tawna, and Dingodile in crash 4. Unretrieveable but they're found in the files. There are certain bones on their model's skeletons too that are for certain things like hats and crap which shows this was gonna be a thing yet was scrapped.
- I forgot which certain sims game but idk if he's unused but that nervous test subject thats stuck in the "basement" (aka large pit under the house) of a certain weird sim family's house. I think they're scientists.

These aren't my faves this is just an exuse to infodump on videogame trivia bruhhhhh
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome