Cheap Fixes for a Laptop Case?

Woodilicious's Avatar Woodilicious10/15/14 7:42 pm
1 emeralds 230 5
10/15/2014 9:16 pm
FOPSystems's Avatar FOPSystems
Hi guys,
I kinda broke my laptop case...

There's a decent sized crack in it, but there is no hardware damage (to my knowledge). I have pretty bad OCD, so just knowing that the crack is there is driving me insane.
The crack basically splits the bottom part of the laptop from the top part. It also splits off part of the casing to the rotating bit that controls the open/closing of the laptop.
I also just noticed a bit of a crack near the keyboard.

Is there a cheap fix to these splits/cracks? I've heard that you can weld plastic with a soldering iron. Would this be safe to do on a laptop? I would just use that to weld together the hinge cover and the crack near the keyboard.
The other split actually seems to be just a bent bottom plate. I would assume it would be safe to lightly use a hammer to pound it back into a better fitting shape?

Pictures
(Crack near keyboard)

(Split of hinge cover and backplate bend) (Hinge cover is the split on the right)

Would these solutions work? I have like Geek Squad protection on it, so would that also be a solution, or do they not fix laptop case cracks? Also, if they do, how much would it be, and how long would it take?

Other solutions to my problem would also be nice.
Woodilicious
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead