Change.org petition to remove steam censorship.

Jedi's Avatar Jedi4/27/16 5:08 am
1 emeralds 599 7
4/27/2016 11:22 am
Azie's Avatar Azie
So I made a change.org petition to remove steam censorship, as honestly I find it quite annoying. And it's censoring things it really shouldn't. Like g2a links.

You can read more here

EDIT: Another point I'd really like to make is that if you can't send a link through steam, you'll find another way to send it. Which can cause you to connect to insecure communication. Like teamspeak, or skype(Both of which allow people easy access to your IP address).

And personally I'm one of those people that believes in freedom of information, and freedom of speech. Not saying I want the censoring system completely removed, I just want it to be something you can turn off.
Jedi
Level 29 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Azie
04/27/2016 11:22 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
G2A is a competing digital storefront. It makes absolutely no sense for Steam to allow users there to post links to it or any competitor since they want you to buy from them. They're a privately-owned company so they can do that all they like and it probably isn't going to change.

As for cheat websites, it makes sense to me that those would be removed due to Steam wanting to keep you on their site. Everything can be gathered from using their guides and their forum and their chat, so I can see them viewing other sites as competing sources of information for tips and things like that.
smallboy
04/27/2016 11:20 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Warrior
The reason the block G2A links and csgo skin liks due to the issues with spam and some of them are scams, I wont be signing that.
MoonbowMercury
04/27/2016 11:01 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
Dude, 100 signatures isn't gonna be nearly enough to convince Valve to do anything.
kemmeo
04/27/2016 9:58 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Since when did a change.org petition change anything?
JozyP
04/27/2016 9:56 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
Keep the censorship. It prevents spam and insults. Keep the cesnorship. I have seen bots censor things like "bite" and "mule", and those are unnecessary, but I think the censor should stay.
Noctris
04/27/2016 7:21 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
lol
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome