Nolightsville, Horror Animation Series Progress Threadplay_circle_outline

Guts N Pixels's Avatar Guts N Pixels7/26/23 5:40 am history
7 emeralds 249 4
7/27/2023 9:02 am
Guts N Pixels's Avatar Guts N Pixels
This is primarily a memoir for me to maintain track of all events that are being planned for this series, it will be one of my biggest animation projects ever. Come back to it once in a while to see changes and updates, or if it simply interests you then stick around and see how I make this idea on text become reality. If you do not want spoilers and would much rather wait for the project to be finished (which could take a while) then do not read any further! If you decide to continue reading, feel free to leave critique and ideas, things I should or shouldn't do, if it's compelling or not.

People voted for me to fabricate an entire Minecraft Horror Animation Series from SCRATCH. So, that is what I'm going to do. Keep in mind, I am one person who will be doing EVERYTHING, from the map building, storyline, animating, the characters and their backgrounds, etcetera. My wife WILL be assisting in the voice acting for female characters, exciting!

Nolightsville
The town of the series, called Nolightsville. But why is it called this? Nolightsville gained the name due to having a similar natural phenomenon like Alaska where it has a Polar Night. During the winter for a certain period of time Alaska will be shrouded in darkness for almost a whole day. But unlike Alaska, this fictional town is Forever encased in night, 24/7 365 days a year, and no matter the season... (Stick around for visual progress of this mysterious town) My wife came up with the name, we think it sounds catchy.

I will be building the ENTIRE town myself, block by block. From the streets to the buildings, and everything in between. I do this with all animations, but this will be on a much larger scale!

Some of the streets, the very beginning of it all.

Here I've made Nolightsvilles local library, Shadey Reads. A place full of knowledge and secrets of the supernatural. And the red building behind the library is Chinos Pizzeria. A locals favorite pizza parlor, where they chat about the on goings in the town over hot gooey pizza.

One of the apartment complexes, Gloomside Residence. It is rumored to be haunted, and one of our heroes also lives here while they commute to work at Chinos Pizzeria. (Still in progress, has a total of 6 apartments per each complex, a total of 24. Each apartment having 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, kitchen, and living room, each of 3 floors can be reached via stairwell or elevator.)

Plot
The dark and quiet town of Nolightsville is suddenly and violently disrupted, when portals from another dimension give way, and from these portals emerge hellish and demonic creatures of all size, color, and being. It is unclear why these creatures are coming or if from who for that matter. But the denizens become the targets, and the bodies begin piling up. Four nobodies, who all share the same interest in the supernatural and the unknown will become uncommon friends, in the pursuit of the same goal, to close off the portals and stop whatever is behind the bloody chaos.

The Protagonists
Devin: A college student studying mechanical engineering, He is incredibly brilliant, but he is very doubting and self-conscious of himself, and quite the loner in social situations. He has a huge love for supernatural phenomena and designs devices to detect and track them.

James: A young police officer who has a blind eye when it comes to justice but a big heart, there is only black and white, good and bad. He graduated the academy at the top of his class, is proficient in marksmanship and hand to hand combat, and he has a secret interest in the supernatural that he hides from his fellow officers, occasionally ghost hunting.

Lee: A large burly man who always covers his face, his clothes are ragged and worn. The town considers him to be the crazy hermit who lives out in the wilderness away from the bustling town life. He is great at surviving, hunting, and tracking. Those brave enough to travel beyond the town have seen him performing supernatural ceremonies and rituals.

Shannon: A troublemaker who has always had problems from the day she was born to being an adult. Despite her troublesome past, she's efficient at stealing, lockpicking, pickpocketing, and using these skills to make a living. When she isn't breaking the law, she is reading books and watching TV shows on Cryptids, Folklore, and spiritual entities.

The Antagonists
Throughout the Series, there will be creatures you are familiar with that invade Nolightsville, and those you are not. BUT the real question we should be asking is WHO or WHAT is bringing these evil beings to the living world? Could it be something you are familiar with? Someone you know? Something new that has never been introduced? And can it or they be stopped? Stick around to find out...

Here is a little peek of some of the things our unlikely heroes will be dealing with...

The Series Roadmap
The Series itself SO FAR has been planned to last 7 Seasons, each season hosting about 20 episodes more or less. The duration per episode will vary, as I want there to be no loose ends or sloppy animating, I will be taking as much time as possible and detail to get each episode complete.

Season 1: Monsters, Beasts, Demons, and Spirits have emerged from the unknown, will the protagonists uncover who is behind it?

Season 2: One Shady Corportation has come out of the woodwork, and they're on the hunt for the heroes, turning the town and local law enforcement against them. Meanwhile, the supernatural continue to be summoned.

Season 3: Something has become sentient, and it has created a copy of Nolightsville, creating a direct link between the real and supernatural.

Season 4: An old enemy has emerged, stronger than before and seeks revenge.

Season 5: After all the events that have unfolded, a cult is born from it all, with plenty of Aces up their sleeves.

Season 6: A secret council has become aware of the issues that have unfolded in Nolightsville, they seek to make everything disappear. Or more specifically, everyone.

Season 7: Evil beings far beyond the usual unusual, waiting for the right moment, have finally arrived.

Voice Acting
All characters in the entire series will be voiced by myself and my wife, we will also be using voice modifiers to change up things so it's not the same boring voices for every individual whether it be the protags, antags, or a random passerby.

Custom Assets
I will be making a lot of custom assets for this animation series! Vehicles, weapons, street signs, furniture, appendages. You name it!

Music
Ever since I saw Stranger Things, I've been infatuated with music back in the 80's, You may have heard me play some of it during my old Skinning Live Streams. So, most music will probably be coming from Karl Kasey, a fantastic musician who develops Royalty Free music that has that 80's slasher vibes.

Inspiration
Expect influences from tv shows you may be familiar with such as: Stranger Things, Supernatural, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and Riverdale to name a few...

This is all I got for now that I can think of to add to this memoir list, it is more so to help me keep track of everything with how big this project will be but stick around as I plan to update this frequently!
Guts N Pixels
Level 56 : Grandmaster Collective