Trying to make a texture pack.format_color_fill

snivvy04's Avatar snivvy0412/3/21 11:48 pm
1 emeralds 158 6
12/6/2021 5:09 pm
wellsilver's Avatar wellsilver
Hi, I'm trying to make a texture pack because I have been wanting to make one for a while, but I low-key have no clue how to make one, Does anyone know how to make a resource pack?
Thanks
O2Xygen
snivvy04
Level 35 : Artisan Procrastinator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

wellsilver
12/06/2021 5:09 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
history
Here is a download to 1.16 texture pack. For editing the textures you can use any art program you like (even MS paint!) though you may need to zoom in as it is literally pixels. It is hard to pick your own resolution.
For your first texture pack I recommend you only edit the textures(png's) themselves, no need to pick resolution.

here is a timestamp with how to optimize your texturepack (it is from @Mythstar 's video): https://youtu.be/4mv9MjEfRis?t=393

I have also made a post with all the downloads for different versions here it is: Texture Pack Template's download (1.12.X-1.18)
Ive been keeping it updated lately
snivvy04
12/04/2021 6:25 pm
Ayo since I'm making a texture pack uhh what paintings do you guys want in it and in what resolution.
Mythstar
12/04/2021 7:55 am
Level 35 : Artisan Crafter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mv9MjEfRis This is the video I used to learn.
oakar258
12/04/2021 7:34 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
Regarding the template pack mentioned by Plastic_Pick - I recommend creating one yourself, as it will be always up to date and reliable.

To create one you have to extract assets folder from the version.jar located in .minecraft/versions/<version>. (Easiest and operating system universal way to access .minecraft folder is to start the game, go to resourcepack selection screen and click on "Open resourcepacks folder" button).

The assets folder must go into newly created root folder of the template resourcepack.

Next step is to put pack.mcmeta here create a new text file with this code inside:

{
"pack": {
"pack_format": 8,
"description": " "
}
}
And then save the file as pack.mcmeta (make sure you're not saving it as .txt)

That's basically it, you have template resourcepack and the structure should look like this:

template_resourcepack_folder
              |
              assets
              pack.mcmeta

Few additional words about resourcepacks:

• Never leave unmodified textures/assets in your resourcepack - game wil automatically replace missing content with default asset.
  • As for the texture resolution it must be square, yes - but also the value must be power of 2 (4x4,8x8,16x16,32x32,64x64,128x128,256x256, etc. - you know the concept).
Plastic_Pick
12/03/2021 11:53 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
history
You're gonna want to download a template pack for the game version you're making it for, then either edit the already existing textures with a photo editor like https://pixlr.com/x/ or by creating new ones. Keep in mind that almost all textures have to be square (e.g. 32x32, 64x64) in order to work with the game.
snivvy04
12/03/2021 11:54 pm
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome