Texturing help.

polot38's Avatar polot3810/4/14 11:35 am
1 emeralds 266 2
10/10/2014 8:56 pm
usa's Avatar usa
Alright, i've been working on a texture pack with my sibling. Anyway, i started by just editing a copy of the default texture pack. Of course, this means that i have a ton of placeholder files. For working on it, it is okay, but i'd like to post the resource pack soon-ish, and would like to have the placeholder files deleted. Aside from just manually deleting a thousand files, is there a way to quickly do this?
polot38
Level 18 : Journeyman Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

usa
10/10/2014 8:56 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
what I've been doing is for every file I edit, I put it in a folder (besides block states and item models). this way I know what I can delete and what I cannot.
Why worry about it though? Warn them in the post that the thing has placeholder files and if they (for whatever reason) have a problem with it then they don't have to download it until it's done.

ps: if you want to put textures in a folder, then you must point to the new location of that texture in models/blocks, else it will not show when placed, and models/items, else it will not show in the inventory. If you want to put something from models/blocks in a folder (useful if you're making alternate textures), then you must point to the new location of that model in block states, else the default model (and therefor texture) will show
polot38
10/04/2014 12:36 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Skinner
qaupperopsYou could just ctrl+click all the files you edited and drag them into another empty folder. Otherwise, you probably have to go manual. (tip:Ctrl+a selects everything in a file and ctrl+clicking a selected file will deselect it so that might make it easier.)

So is there no program that takes two files and deletes what they have in common?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome